U2 or Duran Duran

What get's you through those miles better Bono and the boys or the Brummie trend setters?

Comments

• u2 without a doubt
  • Neither - don't run with music
  • U2

There is no contest at all!!!!
    Live each day as if it was your last  give it all you have to reap the rewards.
  • Don't run with music, but running to Rio, or From a View to a Kill or Wild Boys would be fun.

But then I'd love to run to Beautiful Day as well.

Duran Duran wins out 3-1.
  • Don't run with music either. Love both bands, but if pushed to choose it would have to be Duran Duran.

Which would you choose, Jason?

J.x

• Neither, can't think of listening to anything worse!!!!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Internal jukebox in the mind. Unfortunately it's been getting stuck on Snow Patrol lately. Not a bad song but I only really know the chorus, which gets a bit tedious after 58 minutes continuous loop on a long run.

Of course the beauty of loving a bit of Prog Rock is that a single track can take you so far. Genesis, 'Supper's Ready' - 23 minutes. That's about 3 miles! Gets a bit difficult running in 9/8 time though.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Duran Duran of course! I have them on my Mp3 player along with numerous other great 80s classics.
  • isn't this just a question of which band you like?
    red hot chilli peppers, by a distance!
    ok, U2, if i had to choose.
  • U2 fast cars is excellent to run to

Chilli peppers magic johnson is the best!
  • Can't stand U2, gotta be Duran Duran, my teenage idols! (ahhhh, John Taylor!)
  • iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    What is U2 "Fast cars?"
  • This is a musical disaster area. U2 if you must.

But Nick Cave sums up the Chilis best: "I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the f*** is this GARBAGE?'And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers."
  • iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    Two great rack bands, so very little to choose between them!
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Duran Duran - I was running to them last night , esp Hungry Like the Wolf.

Although I do have a couple of U2 tracks on my iPod too.
  • iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    Tough one. U2's Lady With the Spinning Head or Duran's Careless Memories?
  • u2 - elevation
    always keeps me going
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I prefer cheesy dance for running.
  • iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    Rock every time!
  • I am with Gobi and like cheesy dance most of all (and trance and thumping techno) but I throw in a bit of indie and also some 80s for variety.

I would say Duran Duran. U2 are a bit too epic and might get you melancholic when you run and you do not want that!
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Duran Duran are undoubtedly my band of the 80s. I had posters all over my bedroom walls as a teenage girl and have seen them live several times. However, in terms of what to run to, I'm not sure I have any of their tracks on my Shuffle. I do have a couple of U2 tracks though.

• iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    Ms. Mouse you need to bung some DD on. Girls On Film, Hungry Like the Wolf, The Reflex, Reach Up For the Sunrise.Maybe even a couple of Power Station tracks!
  • well U2 are probably the lesser evil. Some of there more recent stuff is almost ok.

Mind you Duran Duran would probably be good for PB's as youd be trying to get the run finished as quickly as possible so you didnt have to listen to the terrible music anymore.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Jason B - my favourites are Electric Barbarella and Planet Earth.

Jason X - Disgraceful. Go and wash your keyboard out with soap.

• iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    The best are the rocky tunes - Careless Memories and Of Crime and Passion
  • NamNam ✭✭✭
    Planet Earth has a nice pace.

* remembers John Taylor... drools *
  • iRuniRun ✭✭✭
    Planet Earth is cool. So is Reach Up For the Sunrise. Let's mention Vertigo and Boy/Girl.
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    My fav tracks are (in no particular order):

Come Undone
    Ordinary World
    Save a Prayer
    The Chauffeur
    The Seventh Stranger

I shall shortly be having some of their lyrics tattooed about my person. You could say I am a fan. Or a sad bint.