Who has "met" a celebrity whilst out running?

2»

Comments

• I saw Rolf Harris getting out of a taxi.

He wasn't in his running gear though so suppose it don't count.
  • Woman in Sainsburys thought I might be Dr House. We do look similar though. My Dad is the spit of him, but older.

I have a much worse temperament than House though.
  • Practically every run I ever do along the Leeds Liverpool canal near Rodley I see Eric Pollard from Emmerdale, usually with Lorraine Chase.... They're often on bikes though.
  • HigsHigs ✭✭✭
    Running across local fields I met Eric Cantona (walking).

Not a celebrity - a Deity.
  • Often meet the Danish foreign minister in the woods around here :)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Gordon Ramsay at the Reading Half 2 years ago
    Nell McAndrew (well I ran behind her..) at FLM 2004
    Seen lots of celebs in various restaurants in London in my time and on the way home from Tenerife in Feb got the plane with the entire Bolton Wanderers squad. (Flying Monarch to Gatwick, times must be hard....)
  • Sarah 99Sarah 99 ✭✭✭
    Overtook Jade Goody at mile 4 at FLM 06 and the cheeky girls in Hyde Park, hardly celebrities but nevermind!
  • sport relief mile - embankment last year - gunnersaurus rex (arsenal mascot.) made my mum's day. and mcfly at the same event.

paula ran past me when i was cheering on macmillan runners at last year's hydroactive in hyde park. she still came in top 30 despite being nearly 6 months pregnant. at 6 months pregnant i was sitting on the sofa eating doughnuts.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    The Glasgow half is where I've seen most of my "celebs".

Passed Tanni Grey Thomson getting out of her car near the start in 2001.

Jimmy Saville was cheering runners home in 2003.

I was overtaken by Jamie Andrew, the climber who lost both hands and both feet to frostbite after being stuck up a mountain.

I overtook Scooby Doo at 9 miles last year.

:o)
  • I got beaten by Batman at 2005 FLM.
    :(
    Imagine my disapointment as I rounded the top of the Mall in a world of pain to hear the announcer make a joke about the first Batman just crossing the line.
  • Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson at Wakefield tenk a couple of times.
    Jimmy Saville in Roundhay Park in Leeds. He's often at races round there as well cheering on the runners.
    Nell McAndrew at Pudsey tenk. Nice girl.
    And Veronique Marot, former marthon(or half, or both, cant remember)world record holder, recently gave me advice about my dodgy knee.
  • Jane Tomlinson at the start of the Abbey Dash a couple of years ago.
    Tony Audenshaw, Bob Hope from Emmerdale, at a couple of races and talked to him at the GNR show thing last year.

Apparently he posts on here.........
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Ooh I've got one now - Graham Norton, walking a dog whilst I was running across Blackheath last week. Nice dog, big shaggy thing.
  • Nobody too exciting...

Jimmy Saville at the Great Scottish Run

Michelle McManus and Yvonne Murray at Glasgow Sport Relief Mile

The girl from Corrie who used to work at the dog kennels and now works in Dev's shop ! - Great Trail Run Loch Lomond

I haven't met anyone famous when out on a normal training run though I did meet Robbie Coltraine in Heathrow once
  • Lots whiltst running, but most already mentioned.

Tim Vine, in Richmond Park I've also seen Andrew Marr both running and on a bike (though not at the same time, that would be silly) the DI bloke from Life on Mars who was in Calendar Girls. At various Great Souths Frank Brunno (can say I beat him in the 5th) and most of the cast of Emmerdale a few years ago were staying at the same hotel as us as was Bredan Foster.
  • Disney Marathon Florida. I saw Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck. Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Goofy.

Still thats enough name dropping for now.