Options

SPORTSSHOES.COM ARE THEY RELIABLE?

BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
Hiya, I bought a pair of Asics trainers from these chaps (sportsshoes.com) on the 3rd April they said they were in stock on the website and promised next day delivery, however it is now the 11th and no sign of the trainers yet my card has been debited the amount.

I phoned them yesteday and they said they were now in stock(?) so should be with me that day or the next day, still no sign so phoned them today and they said they were dispatched on the 4th! If they are lost in the post then I have to wait 14 days before applying for a claim as "it's standard practice for a claim to be processed 14 days after loss".

Just wondering if anyone else has had problem with this outfit, I thought they would be reliable being a major advertiser in the magazine and website. I'm feeling really nervous now that I've been ripped off because I'm now dealing with a system/machine just to get my money back as clearly next day delivery hasn't happened. I only want a pair of trainers I wish I had gone to the high street after all.

Any other bad experiences that should be shared as the visit to trading standards/consumer TV will be nearing soon for the false prophets of retailing.

Should I be worried or am I just getting anxious?

Thanks

Benjy

Comments

• Options
    I ordered from them recently and the shoes arrived the next day.
  • Options
    I've bought shoes off them in the past. They took a couple of days longer then expected but it was Christmas at the time but I didn't have any problems with them.
  • Options
    They've always been OK with my orders
  • Options
    Thanks for that feedback, it's more satisfying to know I might be a one off incident so hopefully it will be resolved, I'll keep posted the outcome whether it is good or bad.

Thanks again

Benjy
  • Options
    I've ordered stuff from them before and have had no problems. One of the most prompt in fact.
  • Options
    used em twice
    excellent service
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Used loads - no problems. Keep phoning them.
  • Options
    Used them this week - trainers arrived the next day.
  • Options
    me too, next day that is, fab service
  • Options
    Used them several times, and never had any problems.

However I know of several people who have had. My friend had terrible trouble with them last year.

My impression seems to be that generally they are okay, but if something goes wrong they are really difficult to deal with.
  • Options
    actually

i have just rememberd that my second order was very delayed-well-about 14 days over
    but the girlas on the phone were very helpful and would have resent me another pair of shoes

it turned out to be an issue with my local post office
  • Options
    I've used them a lot - mostly ok but at times have been slow to refund me if I;ve had to send stuff back.
  • Options
    I've used them a few times. The only trouble I've had was when I ordered a pair that it turned out they didn't have in stock, it took a little while before they told me that they didn't expect to get any for a few months. Apart from that they've been fine.
  • Options
    used several times with no bad experiences - delivery always within expected dates
  • Options
    Ben,
    Have they sorted out your order yet?
  • Options
    Hi there Edwina, the order hasn't been sorted as yet.

However it is now just over two weeks and I phoned them yesterday morning and they said they would send me a claim form first class that would arrive today that I have to fill out and return in order to get a replacement pair sent out.

The form hasn't arrived today, but hopefully it will tomorrow. I didn't want to post any more of my adventures in buying trainers until it is all resolved in case I say anything unfair and it all works ok.

The thing is I really needed a pair of trainers (hence originally wanting next day delivery) and went to JJB at the weekend and got some Pegasus (which are nice), its just very frustrating that this month I have now paid out the cost of two pairs of trainers.

I'll let you know how it all transpires hopefully it will work out eventually.

Thanks

Ben
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Thanks chaps for the feedback.

After two weeks of no delivery they sent me a form that I could post or fax back to declare that they had not arrived. After this was returned they acted very quickly and sent me my order within two days.

I think it was just one of those things, and I was one of the rare occasions where problems happen.

I must say in defence to the company they were extremely helpful and friendly on the phone.

Would I buy from again? Personally I don't think I will order something like this mail order again from any mail order seller when I can just nip in to town and buy there and then, and then only buy mail order if couriers or Royal Mail Special Delivery are used instead of normal postal services.

However I wouldn't let that put you off at all, this company did act admirably and honestly, it was just a let down by Royal Mail that caused my problem. Everything is good now.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Just adding my tuppenceworth.

I ordered a pair of trainers yesterday, online, at about 10:30am, they arived before 9am this morning. Very pleased!
  • Options
    I think they're one of the best online sports people. They've always been very helpful and given excellent service, even phoning me to remind me that I had credit with them after I returned something to remind me to re-order.
  • Options
    I've used them lots of times, got lots of bargains and had no problems whatsoever. I use them along with Start Fitness and Sweatshop on the web to get the best bargains.
  • Options
    Have used for over 10 yrs and never any problems (order several times a year). Only slight grumble is that their 1st class postal service usually takes two days rather than one but that seems to be down to their courier as dispatch note on day of order. Very pleasant and helpful on the 'phone.
  • Options
    Well, I have had a very bad experience. Although they are a bit more expensive than the excellent Startfitness, I think when it works it works - and if not, then you have a problem. I have never had any complaint with Startfitness especially when it has gone wrong twice.

Initially the failed to apply the discount given at the order time. Needed extra phone call. I needed the item urgently and they promised twice I would get it in time. However, it hadn't been dispatched when I called back.

However, failed to deliver at promised time,(then saying the delivery time was actually 14 days not the next day as promised! and then refused to let me cancel the order which they must under the regulations. They claimed their terms and conditions supervened the regulations...they don't.

I lost a race with the item ordered which admittedly I should have bought locally to be certain. My mistake I guess.

Then in two vicious conversations with "customer service managers" informed me that I was a nuisance and the rest! I did at this stage loose my rag, but....

No clue about customer relations at all on the phone. Refused to give me email address to get a responce and told me to write to them in detail with that complaint! (this is for a £40 support!)

Also then refused to enact the Distance Selling Regulations (2000) which require them to recover goods and refund, and put the phone down whenever I asked them to do the right thing.

Virulently argued every single point no matter how unreasonable, told me they knew the Law and had been running x years, and if I wanted post to to RW - they didn't care!

This was well practised stuff, and excessively aggressive, and even silly at times. Simply a fob off.

...errrrr. Last time I deal with them! You have to know they will put things right when mistakes do happen. I have never had that problem with Start, and orders have gone wrong at least twice with them.

Go elsewhere, unless you can't find the product cheaper at Start.

• Options

For your own sanity don't bother with Sportsshoes.com, they are one of the most unreliable companies I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.I ordered a pair of Brooks GTS7's, they sent me a 7's box with a second hand pair of GTS6's in, which was delivered late. Then when I complained they offered a refund but charged me the cost of postage both ways !!

Foolishly I returned to them 6 months later to order some football trainers for my son, this was on the 20th October 07, they took my money but, as expected no trainers, now I have to go through the pain of the reclaim form which is impossible, I think most people give up and just accept their money has gone, otherwise these bandits would be out of business.

If you want someone good, go to Runners Needs, if there is a shop near by they will video you running and advise which shoe is right for you then once you are happy you have found the right shoe, you re-order over the web site without having to go back to the shop.They even swapped a pair of shoes that wasn't comfortable for me after I had used them, no questions asked. Very good service.

• Options
    Have used this company a few times over the years with no problems, most recently I bought a pair of New Balance trainers, as it was the period of time when the postal strikes were on they arrived later than normal, however they had a £5 off voucher enclosed in the box, this will cover the cost of the postage if we order anything soon.
  • Options

Possibly one of the worst company for exchange.

Lies, poor service and out of pocket thanks to SportShoes.
    NEVER EVER EVER again.

• Options

Another view....

Have used Sportshoes many times and thoroughly recommend them. My website of choice.

They have also promptly and friendly resolved problems (refunded without questions shoes that split after about 100 miles, included postage) and replaced (wife ordered wrong size). 

Very friendly and helpful on the phone.

(Also had excellent service from Startfitness, Birmingham Runner, Pete Bland and Newitts -- only one with a question was Sweatshop (ie Sports Direct) - poor service on phone and I'm sure that was partly down to my leaning to adverse views on Sports Direct)

• Options

I've used them twice with excellent service each time.

Looking at the other posts, they bear out my expereince of life in general.

I've found that when you have to deal with companies of 10+ employees, service is a lottery. Any bigger than that and you increase the likelihood of dealing with staff who really couldn't give a toss. And AVOID mail order at any time after November. 

• Options

Wow, the original post was in 2007. I've always had good service from them though, ive been buying stuff from them since the 90s.

I used to l like their massive shop in Bradford...