• Hi Minnie

but i had a hard time on those paths

I have No complaints at all

Well Done

Bob, Angie &  Everyone involved

• the hammie had an AWESOME run

he has worked hard for that pb

• LauraFLauraF ✭✭✭

Loved the marshalls, loved the support. Was on target for my 4 hours up until 27-28 miles, but then the hills caught up with me.

I enjoy hills, but when they say flat I think London Marathon, or Brighton 10k (along the sea-front). This was in a different league and I just wasn't prepared for it.

Failed to meet up with anyone! Partly because I realised I had forgotten to pack a sports bra, so was running around buying and changing into a crop top over my normal bra ('sokay - no bounce detected).

Susan - looks like you slipped in a few seconds under the 4 - well done! Congrats to all those with pbs! 

• Laura

how far did you run luv?

• LauraFLauraF ✭✭✭
    Oops! I meant km image
  • Hiya all Leicester Mara runners...
    Brilliant organisation wasn't it, couldn't fault it.
    Route was interesting but certainly not flat... but a great day.

Ultra Minnie - it was great to meet you (and Big G!).
    Soz, I got the bigger voucher value at the presentation! See you at Snowdon in two weeks though. Where is the apartment you're renting.. apparently we have an option on a B&B in Caernarfon.. a bit far from the party.. we need to chill out after. Do we need to be closer to Llanberis?
  • Well done to everyone although I didnt do this I knew Mick and Phil were . Seemed quite warm today for this time of the year .

Special congrats to M & P I know how you feel - take it easy !

• well done you all - very good to meet you mick and phil and you gave good words

I was ecstatic over my PB and cracking the 4 hours (only just!!) 3rd marathon, gone from 4.21 london last year 4.04 this and now.... 3.59.14 hurrah!

beautiful scenery, lovely marshalls and stuff... flat.. hmmmmmm...  most annoying thing - my charmin garmin completely jammed at 3.47 miles (handy) and from 17 miles when I split from my sub-4 forum mates I had no idea how I was doing and didnt at end.... no clock at the end???? so only found out back in london that I had..... phew.....

WELL DONE ALL - AND SORRY TO ALL INJURED PARTIES.... SLEEP WELL!! 

• and meeting  you Plodding Hippo!!

sorry we missed each other Laura... 

• Susan

bloody well done

• Mick, how does the hillyness of this one compare with notts?
  • well done everyone!

I saw Mick and Phil zoom past me at the start and thought I will never get the chance to say hi now!

I did my half in the time I was looking for, and also just beat the first marathon person! I must say it was harder than it is in training. I just couldn't 'switch-off' and found it to be mentally difficult...my feet have 2 chunky blisters and my knees ache but now I know I cracked 2.30 (on the chip timing!) I feel fab!

not sure if I will ever do it again but living for the moment now!

well done everyone, I couldn't even imagine doing the full one so hats off to you tough guys.

• imagehi fives in cups and as many gels as you cared for, Ten pairs of hands at every water station and knots of supporters all over the place urging us on, a few ups and down thingys and marshals galore, nice mild weather, What more do you need?

Cheer to the organisers I hope it went well for you today. I certainly enjoyed the course I think it had a good mix of everything.

well done everyone. I think you are all stars and it was a pleasure  running with you. We'll have to do it again some time.image

• It was well organised, very cheery marshalls (much appreciated), some lovely scenery and even had supporters dotted around the course.

BUT IT AINT FLAT !!!! Who decided it was...okay probably not Snowdon-esque but blimey! even the locals were saying 'just another hill round the corner'!!!

Will I do it again? (probably...if I've totally lost my marbles!!)

• Sounds like you had fun, mostly at least......

Congrats Hippo, Cruisin Susan, Ultra Minnie, Slow Hels and others on PB's and meeting your goals.  Glad you enjoyed your run M&P, even if you're now utterly shattered.  Sympathies to those of you who are a bit disappointed, Laura and Hellen.  It does sound like a tougher course than a lot of people were expecting, which is hard if you're targeting specific times. 

Did you run past Cropston Reservoir? I used to live about 30 second walk from there, (part of the reason I wanted to run Leicester).

Hope you all sleep well tonight and that you keep your friends/colleagues entertained  for the next day or two, by hobbling up and down stairs.  (I've been doing that for a week or two now without even running a marathon !!)

• No- have looked again= def can't find any results for 2007 can anyone help ? Cheers
  • Steve:  Top left-hand corner of the Leicester Marathon website.
  • Or try Bob Budge's link a couple of pages back on this thread.
  • this is frustrating ! I cant see any for this year - only last years are coming up ! thanks anyway
  • Steve try hitting F5 when you're on the site home page. It sounds as if you have the old home page cached, and it's not being refreshed with the updated page. Hitting F5 should cause it to reload the new version.
  • Steve, not sure what your problem is, but assuming you are the only Steve Hayes who ran, your position was 228, gun time was 3:42:44 and chip time 3:42:07.  Hope that helps!image
  • Really Glad for those who ran well

We had a difficult poor run ish ... along second  half

Had just recovered from pushing Phillip up the small-ish hill at 13 miles,  still  Was flying up until the river bank, then that path, well it finished me off..TIME wise

• Hello!

Had a good race

Managed to avoid the parking problems by taking a sneaky shortcut image)

Just as well really - as I'd got my earlier directions wrong - and visited De Monfort Uni first!

Flat my @rse.

But had fun anyway image

On my watch I did 3:25:35 - so a new PB... and there's still more to come for definite.

Results are here http://www.leicestermarathon.org.uk/FullMarathonResult.htm - but I think the chip times are junk - there is no way they should be in the order they are in (and mine is out by 2 minutes)

I did come back and support people for an hour - so may have shouted at some of you image 

Great to hear Hippo got a new PB - not far from a 4:xx time now image

Sorry to read a few others had problems - next time will be better!

I thought the race org was good - saw several marshalls risking life and limb to keep cars off the course, plus there were lots of them, lots of signs, good fuel stops and lots of closed roads - good stuff.

Secure kit area wasn't really very secure - but it worked.

And I have I mentioned that it was not very flat? (Should make my next PB attempt easier)

• If Tiger's lurking... I did say hello to your epsom friends - and they looked very bemused that I knew their names!
  • that f5 thing worked thanks for that !

I did get 3.42 and am very happy as that was my first full marathon, was aiming for in around 4hrs. Really enjoyed it - apart from the last 4 miles- was truly nackered by then. Well done everyone !

• UH,

Just seen the results.... well done !!! was that a PB for you !

Well done everyone else, and you too Hippo  x