Reassurance if you're not speedy!

Hi,

just went past the Mall and FLM finishing areas. The road signs say the area will be closed until 7pm....so just offering the extra reassurance that they'll still be there when you finish.

Best of luck...and enjoy :-)

PS posting this having seen a number of nervous people ask how long they have to get round and get a medal. Plodder myself, so hope no one thinks I'm being snooty :0)

Comments

• If all goes well I'm looking at 6hrs, which I think means 4pm(ish).

Thanks for that, I'm sure it will ease a lot of worries for people.
  • From what I can tell from final instructions is that finishing line open until 6pm, after then you will 'not get medal on day' - presume that means you will be sent it later. Only ominous thing is I think your baggage will be removed and you will have make arrangements to collect it later that week.
  • But how do they know you've finished it they've all gone? Surely anyone could contact them and say they finished late etc... (obviously only those who start, but what if you pull out etc).

I think there should be officials there for a good few hours, although I wouldn't want to do it.

• i think they do remain open for longer than
    they state - i saw a youtube video of someone
    crossing the line at 8 1/2 hours and still
    getting a medal . . .
  • There is a sweep vehicle that comes round. I would have thought that they would be asking if you want a lift to the finish area or keep on and if you want to keep on they make a note of your number so at least the marshalls know how many are still out there.