FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

Comments

• I didn't put that smiley in it just appeared!! Odd
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Heading south at lunchtime, so I'll see you all on Sunday. Green ribbon packed and ready.
  • Mick the Mackem what a s*d for you. Really sorry you can't make it.  Fingers crossed you make a quick recovery and don't miss marathon and GNR as well. Life is so trying some times !!
  • Afternoon peeps

Hope everyone is all set for Sunday, starting to get the kit ready for Sunday tonight and I have my green ribbon ready, hopefully be in George Square to see the start of the 10k or just after it depends on traffic and parking (not set on where to park yet)

Sunny intervals max 18C North-West winds of 9mph, UV index 2 was the forecast for Sunday taken from the BBC Website on Wednesday, now the same website today says light showers 17C Westerly wind of 9mph, UV index 2. " don't care what the weather man says but what the weather man says is right" image

I hope to see some forum members at the city chambers or in the crowds.  I'll have my blue and white vest on with Dundee Road Runners on the back - probably have a t-shirt on before hand depending on the rain that I'll throw away - maybe i'll put some green ribbon on the t-shirt sleeve.

• Mick the Mackem sorry to hear about your injury, that really s*cks!  We're battling our own injuries/illnesses as well.  Hubby still hasn't got rid of cough and he is slowly accepting that he won't be able to run his first ever half even though we've spent the entire summer training for it!!!image  I'm over the cough, but now a recurring foot injury has come back.  Still not enough to scare me off, but I'm a bit nervous about it striking during the race.  Good luck for your next races and fingers crossed that at least one of us in our house makes it!
  • I'll be in a Road Runners Club Vets (White with Blue writing, probably wearing a saltire buff and Ill try and find some green ribbon. Would be good to meetsome forumites from home.Mick, sorry about the injury but it makes sense to rest long to recover quick, ditto Carrie D and hubbyBags packed and ready to go tomorrow morning. Might be on later but if not, good luck everyone and hope to see you Sunday. Thanks for the exchanges

• I checked a few of the weather sites Cameron and majority say it looks like light drizzle - I'm a happy bunny with that. All those travelling up or down, hope you have a safe journey and stay out of those Glasgow pubs on saturday night and all those with injuries/illness, get well very very soon!!
  • ps just put my green ribbon in beside my number - the whole metre of it!! Just had a giggle thinking of all the blokes diving in to a haberdashery shop to buy theirs without anyone seeing them - or did they persuade a female to do that for them - hmmmm!!
  • I went into the local craft/knitting shop called "In Stiches" - I asked for some green ribbon and the woman behind the counter was like - How much you want 1m, 2m? What colour you want? what thickness do you want? What shade of green do you want? Buying ribbon is more complicated than you think. image

• Oh to be a fly on the wall there!! I was exactly the same choosing but didn't ask just dithered about with an "em can I have a metre of this please"!! I went for the option that would still look green even if it gets wet - so kinda bright puce green colour - hope doesn't clash with the run outfit.
  • Hi folks eventually managed to get time to catch up on all the threads image

Mick sorry to hear you've had to pull out, hope you get fit soon for your upcoming races. Take care and see ya next year.

I'm all sorted and ready for Sunday and a PB!!!

LMAO at all your ribbon stories, I went in and got the smallest bit I could buy 15p lol I had forgotten about my bit of ribbon so will go now and get it off my edin mara number.

Enjoy your carbing and rest everyone.

• Take it you haven't washed your ribbon or ironed it then Bungee - you're gonna show us all up!!

I carb loaded tonight then went out for wee "bimble" as haven't been out since wednesday.When I say "bimble" i mean new speed training regime -  invented myself(I think). Run 6 long fast strides then 6 small slow ones then another 6 fast then slow. I keep upping each set by 2 then if knackered jump back down to sets of 6 and build up again. Used to do the fast/slow thingy between lamposts or trees but this working out much better for me. I'm gonna keep at this to see if it helps with the Loch ness marathon.

Sleep well tonight folks cause you wont tomorrow. I'll be at city chambers about 8.45 after I put my pal in her pen for the 10k and before I meet my other pal at modern art museum 9.15. Anybody bringing a camera to capture us before cause i definently hate the picture going over the finish line!! 

• Good luck for sunday everyone that is uninjured and a good recovery for the rest.

• Thanks Cameron for putting us on the list (but have the fear return for list 2). . . . really have to get my computer skills up to scratch its a sad day when your 10 yr old nephew knows more about computers than you do -  now my next problem . . . my MP3 player aaaaaah, managed to scrub all of foxxys songs from his the night before we travelled to lochaber for the marathon in april and it refused to load any back on, needless to say im banned from touching it this time image just have the fight with my own.image

I've my own t-shirt problem, ive never ran in a cotton t-shirt before but as im running for ms this year ive just received theirs through and its a wonderful bright yellow cotton number, thankfully if your weather reports are correct (fingers x) it doesnt look too hot and if their is a slight drizzle i will be delighted

hopefully we will meet up with some of you on sunday believe me between the t-shirt (the same colour as the smileys with revive scotland MS SUPPORTER on the back and front ) and the green ribbon i dont think i will be hard to miss  

good luck to all you guys in  the 10k and for those i dont meet - looking forward to seeing how well you all do   HAVE FUN x

• Lady Fox..cotton t-shirt plus drizzle = cold and unconfortable. Base layer may help. Ref:Ribbon, shiny, metallic, bright stuff for wrapping round prezzies in bottom drawer did for me. Carbo loading, carbo loading,  s$%^, knew I forgot something. Off to airport. Safe journey all.

• Boy oh boy the old thread is heating up!!

Working away for 3 days and come back to 4 pages of posts to catchup on image

Sorry to hear that the injury is a show stopper Mick - hope to see you at GNR in a month.

Good luck everyone, lets burn up 'the dear green place' image

List one - Finishing times
    Running Bhoy 10528 time 1.18 (racing to get to handmaidens & champagne!!!)
    Baza 11205 (I think, need to check) time 1:27
    Cameron Little 13762 (blue) time 1.40
    Captain Haddock 1.40
    Amberskyes -11190 anything between 1.40 and 1.45 would make me smile lots anything else and i will still smile lots coz i will be on the wine by tea time anyhow 
    SFC - Blue 12238, 1:45 conjestion permitting, under 1:50 will make me happy!
    Greg McAlister can't remember 1:50
    Scottishharimau 12842 time 1hr 50 min
    Straycelt 12162 and happy with anything around 1 hr 50 min
    Gillian D Grant can't remember sub 2 would be good
    Wee Col - (green) ditto. Gillian
    Debstir - green 15779 - what those last two said
    KarenD - 19966 - (would do same time as Running Bhoy if male version of handmaiden and champagne) - however I'll be realistic (a first) and say sub 2 would make my day
    bungee - blue 13755 - sub 2 amazing - realistically 2-2.02
    Debbo - 16482 - no idea, not been running much, but hoping for about 2.05
    Weegie - 15something (green anyway) - about 2:10 (although still hoping for miraculous sub - 2)
    Nessie Yellow 19*** I'd love a 2:14 PB, but I've probably not done enough training
    CarrieD 19285 ..finishing would be good and under 2hr 30 mins would be better!
    Siouxie 18812 Yellow slower than you lot 

List two - Meeting before at City Chambers
    Mick the mackem
    SFC
    Wee Col
    Karen D and pal.
    Cameron
    Siouxie
    Bungee + Brother
    Gillian D Grant
    Nessie (and Mr Nessie supporting)
    Velociraptor
    eL Bee!
    Iron Swissbobby
    Debbo
    Bryan the Snail
    Baza
    Debstir
    Lady Fox
    Foxxy

• I woke up this morning with a sore ear & throat image

Dosing myself up with Vit C, Echinacea, First Defence, paracetamol... you get the idea! If it doesn't get any worse I'll probably still make the start line - hopefully make the finish line too!!

• Packing my bag for tomorrow and getting excited.  Good luck everyone!  image
  • I don't know what to do with myself today don't want to overdo it but Saturday is my usual day for big run.  I think I'll just cook lots of food instead.

I think I will go and pin my number and ribbons on the milk carton Tshirt for tomorrow.

Good luck everyone - see you tomorrow and I hope you all get here in one piece.

• Just away up town now to get a bit of ribbon, need to get the 'B' in Baza put back on the back of my vest too, it's come of in the wash!! hopefully not a bad oman....

Picked up a new pair of XC spikes this morning too but doing the sensible thing and not taking them out for a we run round the park!!

• Hello all

Thanks for the goodwill messages.The calf is getting better each day but not fit enough for tomorrow.

All the very best everyone for tomorrow.I'll be thinking of you enjoying a great race.I'll be back next year,I love running in Glasgow.

Take care and all the very best.

Mick.

• Just packing my bag for tomorrow as well. Pal and I usually have a wee car picnic after the race while getting changed in the back seat. I feel sick today - too much carbs!! Got an e-mail today to say entries opened for next years edinburgh marathon and I've got a guaranteed entry. One race at a time!! Hope you shake the cold debstir - I had my mother in my car yesterday coughing and spluttering - did consider strapping her to roof but that that might be tad cruel!!

• Good Luck for tommorow everyoneimage

Amber xx

• I was just reading the race information and it say's there will be no left luggage facilities but then it goes on to say that there is changing facilities at the finish line and that all belongs are left at owners own risk.

Soooo, does that mean there will be no where to leave my back pack at George Square? I have NO idea where the finish line is so I can't go there before hand.
  • Hi All from a newbie

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. My girlfriend and I are only running the 10k tomorrow but will be back next year for the half. We'll keep an eye out for you all

Take care

Simon & Charlotte

• Hi simon & charlotte 

There's lots on this forum running the 10k and you're not "only" running the 10k - still bleeding 6 miles but you'll both thoroughly enjoy. I did the 10k 2 years in a row and this is my 2nd time doing the half - just wait till your on the Kingston Bridge - great view.   

• Vicky why not try train station for your luggage. About a 10/15 minute walk back to train station(if I remember rightly) from the end of race. I park near Strathclyde uni but last year and this year will be walking back myself so i just kept asking folk for directions.
  • Nity nite everyone - late tea for me then early nite.

Race chip, check, number and safety pins, check, green ribbon, check - sorted!!

Wont be counting sheep to get me off to sleep thats for sure - nightmares!! 

C most of you tomorrow bright and breezy and raring to go!!

We should have all clubbed in together and hired our own portaloo - idea for next year perhaps!! 

• Eek happy hour just spent battering the wood panelling off the side of my bath.  It's sprung a leak !!  All I need.  So much for nice relaxing night.

looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully meeting some of you.  Best of luck to every-one and thanks Mick for your good wishes to us all. Heal fast.

Look for me on 8pm train from Edinburgh.  Black fleecy, green ribbon, dyed red hair.

Over and out.

• Sorted...bag is packed and in the car. Water chilling in the fridge (beside the beer!).

Got the 'B' sorted on the vest too. Two 'old wifies' in the sewing shiop must have thought I was daft, 1mtre of green ribon, then I noticed ribon with saltires on it, another mtre of that!! Its now above my name on the back of the vest, apparantly wonder webs a wonderful thing according to the wife!!

Waiting on my tea arriving now......chicken curry & fried rice - pre race meal!! Hope to see a few of you in the morning at the city c, remember your black bags!! I think it could be cool in the morning

Cheers B