Options

FRESH'N'LO Great Scottish Run

Comments

• Options

and sunglasses Gillian...lol

Away to load some 'insparational' songs onto the mp3... nearly forgot about that!!

• Options
    New to site and RW, doing our 1st half tomorrow and V excited! Coming from Motherwell and hear M8 is suffering long delays, so we're getting the train in. Any last minute tips or race day inspiration?!
  • Options

Hey everyone have a great race tomorrow image 

Vicky I can't help you on that one sorry image but I can tell you a walk from the finish line back to the start is only about 20 mins, cos we park near the finish and walk to the start!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

• Options

Welcome aboard Gayle (keep an eye on the Scottish Runners thread too), Just enjoy yourself is the best thing to say, don't stress on the morning or you'll end up panicing and things. Getting the train probably best, saves the hassle of trying to get parked too - Good luck.

Good luck everybody - Signing of now

Cheers Baza

• Options

Gillian - will be in Waverley about 7:45 and will keep an eye out for you. Hope you get your bath fixed image.

Any plans for drinkies afterwards? I'm meeting a mate in the Babbity Bowser in Blackfirars Street, just off the High Street in the Mechant City.  Good grub if I remember rightly from last year.  Looking forward to meeting up tomorrow - hope you all have a great run and good luck everybody image.

• Options
    Weather forecast for Glasgow here .
  • Options

i'm really nervous now! i'm all packed and ready to go!

easy parking in the city is available at the concert square multi storey. its open 24 hours. and cheap for that kind of parking. both queen street and  central stations are easy walks to the start.  oh, and there is some on street parking available in the merchant city/bridgeton areas. although this soon goes if i remember from last year.

if the m8's busy, then the m74 is an easy alternative. just take the turnoff for tollcross at the roundabout at its end and continue down london road till you get to bridgeton. the finish is at glasgow green which is close by.

hope that helps.

good luck for tomorrow!

• Options
    bah, queen street left luggage is closed on a sunday so I dunno what to do now. I can't not take a bag cause I'll have a hoodie and money and keys and stuff to take that I don't wanna be running with.

I'm really nervous now. I guess I'll just have to chance it and see what happens.
  • Options
    bah, queen street left luggage is closed on a sunday so I dunno what to do now. I can't not take a bag cause I'll have a hoodie and money and keys and stuff to take that I don't wanna be running with.

I'm really nervous now. I guess I'll just have to chance it and see what happens.
  • Options

Hail Hail

First to report back!

Have had the cold all week, and only decided to run last night.  Ended up with 1.19.30 approx as I forgot to start my watch!  D'oh!!  Great racing conditions, even with the slightly gusty wind.

Hope you all did ok and enjoyed the day.

PS - Handmaidens all gone by the time I got there.  Champagne at home though!

• Options

well i came in at 2 hours 45mins- but i'm happy with that.

it was a great day out! and i'll be back next year. 

• Options

Hey folks just logging on before heading for my shower!!! lol priorities and all that image

Well I'm mega chuffed, got my sub 2 - 1.59.49 on my watch image worked for it in the last couple of miles and scared everyone around me with my shouting c,mon c'mon in the last mile!!! LOL

Great to see RedBen, Wee Col & Gillian, they managed to spot me, also saw a couple of Fetchies aswell.

Well done Running Bhoy still a great time for you with a cold!!!!! I've got cider in the fridge for me image

• Options
    I had a great time. I finished the 10k in 56.07 which I was pretty happy with for my first time. Loved the event - great atmosphere - especially the Bangra band. Will be back next year definitely and thinking about the Loch Ness one next...
  • Options

we had a fantastic day, finished the half marathon in 2.00.47, really chuffed as it was our first! We also raised £400 for Guide Dogs for the Blind, saw lots of runners doing it for good causes so well done everyone!

ps - thanks to the RW forumite that cheered us on just before the end - we saw the ribbon!!

• Options

Hi gUYS!!image

Wasnt the best of runs for me felt a bit odd(moreso then usual) and incredably thirsty all the way round -had to stop and walk(for first time ever in a race!) and stand under that hose for a bit -Finished in a little over 1.48 and thought atmosphere was fantastic.

Sparticles -thanks for taking the time to say hi!...you looked well chilled as you overtook me!..

Bungee-well done !

Hope everyone had a good time...i will certainly give this one another bash next year!...will make sure i arrive earlier tho as only just made it to the start in time after standing in toilet que in the station in typical woman fashion for what seemed like ages!

Amber xxxx

• Options
    Nice to see some of you at the start and I saw Baza during the race, but did not get a chance to chat. 1.43 on the clock so very pleased and now supping a Guinness back at my brother's. (Gets the iron content back up) What a great and well organised race I've been missing. Must come back. Looking forward to checking official time as I never take a watch. Pulse start was a good idea, but it still got a bit congested in parts. Saw a couple of nasty spills but the guys seemed ok. Hope all did as well as wanted. Check in again later [post munchies). Running Bhoy, must get a cold if it gets that sort of time. Respect. Might have to see if the Bhoys have colds today too.
  • Options

I never made it. Had sore ear & throat yesterday but still planned on making it today. Had a terrible sleep, felt awful when my alarm went off and for once in my life, did the right thing and didn't run. But I am gutted. I've only missed this once before in the last 9 - 10 years, it's one of my all-time favourite races. Still feel rotten so I know I've done the right thing but from 1am to noon was torture - I kept thinking 'I'd just be starting' or 'I'd be running over Kingston Bridge just now'... you get the idea!!

Hopefully with taking a few days off any exercise will do me good, and I can aim for a new HM PB at Aviemore!!

Well doen to all you racers today, I was soooo jealous of you all!!

• Options

Bliddy ancient laptop.

1am is of course, 10am, and doen is done.

Straycelt, don't wish that. I would have given anything today not to have this cold and be able to run my all time fave race.

• Options
    Hi folks and great to see some of you before the race. Queues for loos nightmare so pal and I went to public one just on a side street. Great day and thoroughly enjoyed but boy do my feet hurt!! I got in around 2.15 - old stopwatch broken - took it easy and just enjoyed but a couple of sprinty miles for my old legs!! One day i'll get under the 2 hours!!
  • Options
    This was my first ever 10K, I'd never even ran more than 6K before in my life until today so finishing was amazing. I came in at 1:16image2 which I thouht wasn't that bad for a first attempt.

Great day all in all!
  • Options

Sorry Debstir meant to say hope you get better soon and wear your green ribbon 2 weeks today for Pedal for Scotland.

Well done Vicky and everyone else. 

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Well done, everyone.Good for you, Vicky! See, you can do it! I wish I'd been there.  (Next year, next year... )
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Well done, everyone.Good for you, Vicky! See, you can do it! I wish I'd been there.  (Next year, next year... )
  • Options
    Had a great time from start to finish it was my first GSR and it didn't dissapoint. Great atmosphere and course (running over the Kingston bridge was amazing). I managed 2d 2hr 7min for half marathon was planning on picking up the pace for the last 3 miles but had nothing extra so just took it easy and enjoyed the finish.
  • Options
    Sorry that was only 2hr 7min not 2 days !!
  • Options
    Damn grey giant thought I had found someone I could beat!! Great day out off for glass (or bottle) of wine now. Not sure I deserve it at 2 hrs 20 ish I think forgot to stop my watch!!Do better next year.
  • Options

Congrats to everyone for the 10k and half.

I was thinking of you all this morning.Felt gutted today missing all the atmosphere,running over the Kingston bridge,meeting up with everyone before the start.Glad everyone enjoyed the day.

Heres to next year and I'll be back injury free.Cannot wait.

See you all soon and well done to you all.

• Options

Hi all, well done to everyone who took part in the GSR, I finished the 10k in 65mins, sooooooo pleased. My first ever event and enjoyed every minute of it, only been running for two months so dead happy with my time and my run!

• Options

Hi all
    got the train through with Gillian and met up with Karen, Baza & Karen initially.  Quick trip to the changing area and back to the city chambers where I bumped into Bungee and met up (all to briefly) with Straycelt & Nessie. 

Set off with Gillian and friend ( sorry I forgot your name) but got left behind on Paisley Road West.  Spotted a chap with an Amsterdam top on at about two miles and ended up chatting to him for the  rest of the race.  Eddie, thanks for getting me round mate - finished in 1:55.11 by my watch which is a half mara pb for me by 2 mins. (from the Great North 3 years ago) and 8 minutes better than my first Glasgow of last year.

Running Bhoy - shame about the handmaidens, maybe if you had pushed it a bit you might have seen them lol - enjoy your champagneimage

Starycelt - 1:43 is superb, well done that man.

Amber - I would be exstatic at 1:48, my mate did 1:44 which was a pb but said it felt a bit hollow as he walked a couple of times - never mind it's the time that counts.

Bungee - also well done on your target of breaking the 2 hour mark.

To all of the rest of you who took part I hope that you enjoyed the day and have somee well deserved rest & recuperation.  About to have some anti-oxidant - think it's called Riojaimage!!!

• Options

Hi All,

Both me and hubby ignored all medical advice and ran the half.  Brilliant!  We did it in around 2 1/2 hrs which was just what we expected.  Loved every minute of it (well maybe not the last 20 minutes or so!)

Congrats everyone!