Paris Marathon 2008

Comments

• J3ff  are you still doing your training blog for LAMM?  Would you mind posting the link again?  Will be keeping everything crossed this weekend for you (and, I guess, a team mate?).

I'm all signed up for Florence, Angelique. Here are the details of the group I'm going with, in case anyone's interested. They've just updated their website - some really interesting-sounding day workshops on mental stuff with Liz Yelling.   If I were rich I think I'd do all of them image

• Hi AH, the only log I've been keeping is here: - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5843878

You could do a search there for j3ff and all my GPS runs will appear. The LAMM site is lamm.co.uk and we'll know where the race is tomorrow at 13.00 on that website. All I'm hoping for is to complete it. I've only been training 2-3 weeks for this and am still a bit lardy.

Thanks for the support, and thank you too Barry image

AH, that group you're going with sounds really nice, November eh? Could turn it into a late birthday pressi, but we'll see how I get on this weekend first.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Good luck J3ff.
  • Thanks J3ff - and GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Luck!

PS - come to Florence! image It's going to be my birthday and Christmas rolled into one i think...

• Thanks BR, it all helps image

This afternoon is the latest I'll be able to post till Monday or Tuesday, results I'm sure will be available on Sunday afternoon at lamm.co.uk
  • What is it that we are waiting for through the post?  I've not received anything yet.

Good luck j3ff.  Sounds mad but strangely fun.

• It's the dvd and certificate from Paris, still have got mine and I'm an 'H' so not sure they're sent out alphabetically.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

J3ff, I've texted you and sent you an e-mail. We'd be delighted to be Base Camp...lol

Post hasn't arrived, here, yet so I'm living in hope...

AH, Florence sounds just lovely, lovely, lovely...

So, a few more weeks and you get to find out if it's Paula or Haille, Barry McK...How exciting ! Hope Mrs. McK is  well. It's a great time, really.

• Got the email thanks ATM, I've spoken with my co-pilot and he's of the opinion that we'll miss out on the atmosphere if we don't camp there Friday night and he would also like to be back for last orders at his local on Sunday night, so it looks like I may not see you this weekend image

I've got your number and I'll see if he can be persuaded to stop for a cup of tea sometime Friday, seeing as we'll be driving past your front door.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

Ah, disappointed...but I know what he means, J3ff . I'll be around from 11 am to fuel the team with tea...got swimming lesson before that.

No DVD, yet image

• Mrs BM doing well, thanks, ATM! Got quite a bump now... and starting to kick a little too! Great fun!
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Yes the hormones make 'em a bit stroppy........................Oh, you mean the baby's kicking.image
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Got my diploma and DVD!
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Err...Am I doing something wrong? * The 2008 run doean't seem to be on the DVD....I wonder if that's because, this year, we had the option of buying one.. Did anyone buy one? *
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Sorry...stupid me. Found it. image
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭

Oh, quite excited now.  But I've got work to do and a 10k this evening so must concentrate.  And I bet mine's not at home.

J3ff is now heading like a LAMM to the slaughter image.  I'll get my coat...........................image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

* watching* It's fab. The aerial shots are wonderful..

• ATM, wasn't the one you could buy one with the generic stuff, and also the clips of you passing the checkpoints? I'd meant to buy that (and the photos from Maindru!) but keep forgetting...
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Me, too, Barry... You're going to love the official DVD...
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    I've just looked at J3ff 's LAMM details.  Wow! The loveliest part of Scotland... image And the weather's great...at the moment.
  • B RubbleB Rubble ✭✭✭
    Thats just where the Lochaber Marathon turns and heads back to Fort William ATM.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭

image Glenfinnan's lovely. I spent a few happy summers, there, as a teenager. Half the world seems to have seen it since the ' Harry Potter' movie...The route from there to Mallaig, with the views to the West, are...well...fab. Must attempt the Lochaber Mara', someday..

I wonder how J3ff's getting on....It IS wild . What a Race Report he'll have , when he gets back.

Tomorrow, I will be mostly cycling madly round a track, dumping the bike and trying to run a few laps...First attempt at a ' brick'.

Anyone else got their DVD? I really enjoyed watching it.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

I looked at the LAMM overnight resultsand, the details being too complicated for my brain, looks like J3ff is doing well and survived the night's midgies.

First attempt at a ' brick' session , this morning. What an experience. Jelly legs image

• http://www.parismarathon.com

Hi there. Is this the best/official Paris marathon site? i am hoping to enter 2009.   Also is there a ballot entry system or GFA places available.

Any info would be helpful. Many thanks.

Molly X

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

Hi, Molly. Yes, that's the site.

Registration opens 15/9...when we'll probably migrate to the Paris 2009 thread...but , if you scroll back on this thread, you'll prebably find quite a lot of useful stuff here. * Err...we're still here because ..err...we talk a lot *

Entry is on a ' first-come-first-served' basis and there's no ballot or GFA. Places fllled up last year more quickly than in 2006....by late October, I think. I don't know about before that. Anything else you want to know at this stage?

• ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Ran 5 miles yesterday, toe is getting back to normal. Still not quite there.

Looking forward to reading your LAMM report J3ff, I am a bit jealous. I love that part of Scotland.

I got my diploma and dvd, haven't looked at it yet, been busy. Is it worth it?

Welcome Molly, there is lots of useful info on this thread, but you'll have to scroll back to read it all.

• Ok folks thanks for that. bit like the Edinburgh thread-  too much gossip to shut us up!!
  • Hi ATM.. how did your first brick session go..?  What distances did you do..?   I did a half-IM brick yesterday morning..  52 miles on the bike followed by 14 miles run..  it was lovely.. the weather was pefect..  legs were fine after the first few hundred metres...

Only two weeks until IM in Nice..  eekk..!   image

I haven't watched the DVD yet but I was pleased with the split times on the certificate.. came within a minute of a negative split..  will try harder next year....

• Just watching the DVD right now..  I don't remember the cobbles at all..!   How funny.   They are not like bumpy London cobbles for sure.