DVD of Marathon Coverage

Comments

• Welsh AlexWelsh Alex ✭✭✭

If your postcode ends with 9tx or 9nu then I have all your details.

Alex

I am copying dvd's all day today and they should all be posted by the end of the weekend.
  • i know ur copying the race highlights etc etc and when u have time would like to donate and get 1 if poss, but there any thing online at mo to look at to see if i can see myself throughout the race?????
    finished in 4.43.42 seconds???cheers Damieon...

No, there is nothing on line where you can see yourself throughout the race.

Cheers
    Alex
  • Hi Alex i know you are prbadly very busy,when do you think you will send me the dvd coverage of 2006.
  • £1250 how much do you hope to raise this year Alex?Well done.
  • Hi Alex

I didn't get a response to my email, have you got my donation and address details?

Cheers

Dale
  • How can I get my address to you? Sorry for confusion

SC, click on the "Email Member" icon on the right of my name, email me and type your details in to the email.

Dail, had your donation email but not one with your address. Have just emailed you.

Mangel, I am hoping to get all the dvd's done by the end of the weekend.

Historic Announcement

Right then people, after days of drudge copying DVD's I am pleased to inform you that all the orders placed will be posted on Tues morning. I will have finished them in an hout or so, but there is no post until Tuesday.

I am going to be publishing a list of postcodes on this thread later today. Check your postcode is on the list, if it is that means I have posted your disk. If it is not then you have been robbed ;-)

FAQ

1. They will be posted second class, I am paying for postage, packing and the DVD's and I need to keep my cost down

2. I have not checked that every single DVD works in my dvd player. I have checked the first ones out and the odd other one but not all of them. There is nearly, or maybe over, 300 discs between everything, they have all copied correctly according to my PC and if anyone has any problems I can easily mail out a duplicate.

3. They are all DVD-r's. Your DVD player should play DVD-r's but last year I did find one person who could not do this on her dvd player. She watched in on her pc in the end

4. TV coverage consists two discs, one of a disk with the full marathon coverage on it (5.5 hours) and a disk with the highlights and some programme that was screened on Fri 20th about it all.

5. Your finish line coverage is one disk and depends on what information you gave me when you ordered. For one or two people who are right on the border between disks I have just bunged in both disks they could possibly be on to be sure.

6. No, I have not looked up all your numbers and spent ages watching the finish line coverage to make sure I can see each of you. This would take about 3 months, or more maybe. I have based the disk I sent you on the information you provided, or if you did not provided I have looked you up on the FLM results and made a best guess.

7. The DVD's are not posted in jiffy bags because it would be too expensive. They are reasonably well packed though but do let me know if there are any problems. They will fit through a standard letterbox.

8. The finish line coverage could have all been put on one dvd but the quality would have been reduced. Seeing as it is 4 screens in one having good quality was important. It was recorded in the quality that the BBC broadcast.

9. If your highlights disk plays immediately and you want the other prog that is on it, press 'top menu' on your dvd remote.
  • Many thanks from all of us - a fantastic effort! Perhaps running a marathon would have been easier? I look forward to receiving my copy!
    Tony (SP1 3GY)

Just been doing the 2006 coverage for ML. I recorded that on one of my PC's. Quality is much better this year (new gear) and they are chaptered so you don't have to watch from the start each time or fast-forward.

Sortio !

Right, I have 14 to do. Thought I had finished, did a bit of an audit against the bmycharity list and discovered 6 people who's addresses I have either not had or have lost, 9 people whose addresses I didn't print out and one person who's details I can't seem to match to my list.

So, all going quite well.

List of postcodes will now be tomorrow once I have done these last 15 packs and worked out who's postcode I can't match.

Like someone said to me, I am just lucky I did not have 30,000 orders.
  • It really is very much appreciated Alex - once all your orders are dispatched, you should treat yourself to a large lager and think about all of us watching our wretched (and not so wretched in other people's cases) efforts on the telly, and tell yourself that not only have you boosted your charity's takings, you have given us something we'll value for life.

Sincere thanks.

Thanks Octopus.

Right then people

Here is the list of postcodes I am posting to tomorrow. Everyone who has ordered one should be on it and I have cross-checked it with the donor list on the bmycharity website.

There are still 2 people to send me addresses. I have emailed you if it is you (both female, initials EW and AH).

If you have donated you should be on this list. If you are not and think you should be let me know.

P’code
    PO22 7LA
    LA23 3AG
    BN16 4JJ
    LL28 5NG
    BR7 5NB
    GU14 8LR
    E1 8EU
    M29 7FL
    No Addr
    SP2 7JG
    M38 9LD
    LE5 1PS
    E4 9RB
    CO3 3PA
    SW17 9NU
    RH12 4NZ
    BA21 3LT
    LE7 7HH
    E18 1DW
    SW8 1LF
    MK4 1LD
    AL6 0UY
    SM6 7HH
    HP10 0JS
    TR18 5DT
    IP3 8PB
    PR5 4DN
    CH43 8SF
    RM12 4BM
    WS13 7NZ
    BH12 4AU
    PH2 9RD
    SW2 4ST
    CO2 7DE
    AB12 3UH
    TA5 2EG
    No Addr
    AB25 3UG
    GL7 1PP
    SM5 2NU
    LU2 9TN
    IP24 3NF
    TW8 0QD
    Cm12 9NX
    LS20 9ES
    YO12 5QL
    SA7 9QG
    OX29 4JP
    GL12 7NP
    NW8 8QR
    NW5 1UE
    M33 3AG
    SS7 4JJ
    CW9 8NL
    BS31 2UD
    SE26 5EF
    DN37 9RX
    GU6 8JW
    GU11 3RY
    E14 3DU
    G12 9TX
    ST8 3ET
    HR1 2TJ
    HP23 5JP
    IP3 9DB
    SN10 5BL
    OX11 7DA
    WF1 2HZ
    Welwyn
    SW11 1EN
    KT3 3QW
    ST13 7HY
    DA2 6EW
    CH7 11U
    LE67 5FX
    SP1 2JU
    PR8 3TT
    DA7 5ST
    SW12 8UT
    WA4 3BU
    M18 8AD
    ME16 0DH
    MK43 0EN
    NG9 4FL
    DY8 4XS
    TR14 7JR
    S7 2GL
    MK6 2NG
    E14 9TP
    HX3 7BS
    N1 9RL
    HA3 5JA
    CH7 1UP
    L37 7DF
    GU22 0DP
    CM1 3JE
    No Addr
    NP20 3BL
    PO8 OPL
    RM16 2RD
    SS5 ???
    CO6 2EU
    RM3 9RJ
    EH49 6BP
    PL19 9RA
    SP1 3GY
    N7 8EF
    E1 1NZ

There is also a useful [b]FAQ[/b] here.
  • I think mine is the SS5 one. The last digits are 4XH! Thank you so much!

Got it SC. Just looked up the Welwyn postcode and it is AL7 3XB

Now had one of the two missing addresses in. Thanks EW, now sending to SW15 1BN

• Alex,

Well done. You have worked really hard. Didnt miss much Bank holiay, weather was naff mostly. If its any consolation, just think of all the happy bods watching their dvd's later in the week with their totally bored out of their socks friends and family!! Ha HA . Also the money raised for VICTA.

Smashing

David

• Hi Alex, I realise (reading most of this thread) you've done a lot. Any chance of adding one? I know I'm late, but I've sort of had a wee break since FLM. I understand if you don't want to do any more.

Thanks DL. I have myself already bored everyone to tears with my 2007 coverage !!

Yes, no problem NW. The more the merrier.
  • Bloody long wee break NorfolkWomble!

You clearly listened to the advice on keeping yourself well hydrated.

Right, all in the post today including yours NW.

Just had the last missing address sent to me, so one more to post tomorrow. You should all have them by the weekend, royal mail permitting, and if anyone has any problems let me know.

Cheers, and thanks
    Alex :-)
  • 3 Cheers for Welsh Alex, Hip Hip :)