Next Marathon

After suffering in the heat on Sunday I finished in 3.14 which was 6 mins slower than last year, my training has been faster,longer and I was in good shape and I was aiming for the 3 hour mark. What do you think is the shortest time to have another crack at the marathon whilst I have the mileage in my legs.

Comments

• At least a month I would say, unless you're Plodding Hippo, then I would say sometime this week :)
  • At least a month I would say, unless you're Plodding Hippo, then I would say yesterday.

;o)
  • ha bloody ha you two

;)

John

it depends on your marathon recvovery rate, and what you want form the next one
    at your speed-you might want to leave a bigger gap to do the nxext one justice

If you are really keen to get the sub 3, then id suggest targetting an autumn marathon
  • Did you see the TV interview with the guy who ran London as Elvis? Finished in just under 3 hours, and is running another Marathon this weekend (28/29th April) then another 19 this year.

I guess he has mastered the recovery technique?

Geoff
  • I'm in the same boat, after a sub 3.15 and had a shocker. Really frustrated and would like to get straight back out there and put it right.