Options

BananaMan Triathlon

Comments

• Options
    Pink I know what you mean about rational decisions! I am sorely tempted by the Little Woody!
  • Options
    Don't tell anyone, but so am I (the sprint one I mean, not anything bigger unless it were a relay)

And Cambridge Oly

But I think all 3 would be pushing it!
  • Options
    If I can do the Little one (as opposed to the baby one) so can you Pink!!!
    Its the week before the Duathlon so will be a good (if a tad long) final preparation
  • Options
    Rio, you're obviously deranged from the Endorphins flying round your head since Blenheim.... a half IM seems an awful long way. I'd fancy it if I could fit in an Oly between this and then... sadly I may flap around with the baby for this year and do the middle distance at Bala on the 16th!
  • Options
    Well I am doing the Olympic distance at London in August
    But I nearly did that having never done anything at all. Blenheim was a panic entry!! lol

It is the sort of thing I do. I jumped straight from a 10k to a marathon!
  • Options
    hmm, I prefer a more gentle, hardly noticeable progression

That way I can trick my body into it. It would DEFINITELY notice a half IM!

I'm not marathon fit (yet) so an event that takes that long would be too much at the mo

Maybe I'll just support at TBW and do Bananaman and Cambridge. I think 6 tris in a year is too many (for me and the bank), even if I did DNF one of them.
  • Options
    Go on, sign up......you know you want to. The more there the merrier, plus better support for those on the course :-)
  • Options
    Bassy, I'm sure the devil added swimming to the tri criteria. It's just 750m to get to the bike ;-)
  • Options
    Ask me next week!

I can't break my rule! :-)
  • Options
    *ahem* Mr GMI...

How can you hide it the Half IM anyhow...?!!

;o)
  • Options
    Boing, only 6 weeks to go to this one !!

Will anyone else be wearing the pirate kit or as it's such a short distance does this not qualify?

Pink, have you signed up yet ;-)
  • Options
    Go on Pink, you know you wanna.

Note to self - must start training soon.
  • Options
    Deffo wear Pirate kit - we all were at Stratford and that's a sprint
  • Options
    How's everyone getting on? Suffering a little from fatigue at the moment, although determined to complete training this week as I've got a nice easy taper next week to a 10K race in Leicestershire a week on Sunday so plenty of time to catch up on some recovery!

So I managed to eek out a 1400 m swim on Sunday, which has filled me with much needed confidence after my initial concerns on the swimming leg, although it took the best part of 30 mins!! Still considering I could barely swim 200m without dying on my ass, I'm pretty chuffed. However - and tell me what I should do - Sunday night I'm sit reading the swimming skills bit of Joe Friels Tri Bible and he quotes all the techy stuff from total immersion; anchoring the hand and swimming like a fish etc and completely the opposite of my human like splashing around. I'm all for a bit more efficiency, so I do my 10k pace run last night finishing at the Gym and head to the pool. My god, I can't even do 100m swimming propery!! I'm sure my technique was better, but is it really worth continuing focusing on this? Would I not be better getting through this season and then look to improve my technique in the winter when I've got more time? Help!
  • Options
    All you will do is ingrain bad habits now, which you will then struggle to try and get rid of.

Better to get it right first time I reckon, although your swimming is better than mine me being a novice, and therefore I got no right to talk!
  • Options
    Still thinking about this one

Will decide for definite this weekend

I'm half way between feeling a bit evented out and having no incentive to train because I have no events coming up

But becoming a couch potato is not an option...
  • Options
    Phillipa the Kuota is fluttering her eyebrows!
  • Options
    To echo Debster, go on Pink - you know you wanna.
  • Options
    lol bassy!

I sort of do wanna

<digs around in the bottom of her bag for her mojo>
  • Options
    <digs around in the bottom of her bag for her mojo>....

Is that like a credit card?

How are you paying Maam?

Do you take Mojo?

• Options
    Yea go on Pink

Bananaman is a nice course, nice event.

Have you done much training in the banana outfit yet?
  • Options
    As if pirate kit wasn't embarrassing enough...

lol at the credit card

In fact don't I have mojo (or something) in my new Brooks Adrenalines? Maybe I should switch shoes...
  • Options
    Had a great swim last night

Got my mojo back (with an extended credit limit)

Will enter today :-)
  • Options
    Good for you Pink!

What does everyone think of Spinning? I attended my first class last night - though like an idiot I picked an advanced one and supposedly the toughest back.. how they laughed at the newbie. Seemed a remarkably tough 45 mins. Do we think there's any real benefit for TRI cycling?
  • Options
    I had a swimming related epiphany last night too! I suddenly cut my crawl stroke from 26 per 25m length to 20-21!

All by the coach telling me I was not reaching or pulling all the way through.

My shoulders cane today however! And I still dont have stamina for much more than a couple of lengths crawl, but its coming slowly.

Never done any spinning classes Red, just prefer to get on the bike and ride the thing to be honest. Phillipa loves to be ridden long and hard!

• Options
    Lol.... good ol Phillipa-she sounds a right goer. I'm still trying to get over my rather significant fear of being knocked off my bike. Never been particularly comfortable riding on roads, but gotta face the fear. In terms of intensity, spinning seemed excellent and my HR spent most of it's time in the late 170's-180's so must have some training benefit, just not sure whether it is sport specific enough to persevere with.
    That's some major improvement in your swimming Bassy - I've decided to heed your advice from yesterday and persevere with correct technique. I swam a few very short intervals concentrating on it last night... 25m then rest for 1 min etc just focussing on form. Hopefully we can both get the stamina up in time for Bananaman!
  • Options
    Ok, I've done it. Application is in the post!

I like spinning. It's great in the winter when you can't get out on the roads/haven't got a turbo. Good for intervals too

Sometimes having someone shouting at you can be better motivation than listening to those voices in your head that can't really be trusted to say the right things!

The Italian is looking forward to meeting Phillipa :-)
  • Options
    M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    I have to say that all this flirting that's going on between Phillipa and the Italian is causing the baby some distress. She thought the Italian only had eyes for her!

I'll be at the bananaman............. supporting :-D
  • Options
    Will be good to see you Mr W; you can let us know about Austria.

Finally getting my a$$ in gear and starting the training for this one although I still can't stand the water; maybe next week......

Names for bikes; mines 'the B1tch' as that's what she's called on every hill ;-)
  • Options
    Mine delivered three punctures in 20 miles yesterday. She was called no good useles lump of S*** crappy effin junk git b......d

We back in love today however, cos she was looking sexy as hell when I saw her nude carbon!