BananaMan Triathlon

Comments

• Whenever you want me - not too early mind. Will cycle down there. After 9.30 is realistic.

Will e-mail you my mobile no. so we can hook up. Keeeewwwwwwwl
  • Guys, I'm gonna bail on this one. (sorry) Lacking motivation, training *and* preparation - bad combination!

May come along anyway to support :-)
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    If I can find a wig that will stay on in the swim then I'll race instead of you, Pink :-)
  • Phillipa is gutted. She had been to the cycle pharmacy and bought some precautions and everything. I was hoping for a tricycle in a few months for my nipper!

Im only lacking points 2 and 3, the motivation im good on!
  • If I had motivation, points 2 and 3 wouldn't matter

I've raced too many times this year - just can't find enough adrenaline to get me around something 50% longer than I've done before!

lol at the tricycle, bassy! Please pass on The Italian's apologies to Phillipa for standing her up
  • Its alright, shes a tart she will probably get it on with an overweight american whilst Im not looking.
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    And I thought the Italian was a one girl bike. The baby will be very upset :-S
  • Well Phillipa is the local bike

Im thinking of trading her now shes got 200 miles on her. Something French, handbuilt and exclusive is calling me.
  • It's true, The Italian is in fact promised to a lovely Argon 18...

• Pink - if you're thinking of supporting, let me know. You, me and Mr W could meet up if you are...........
  • Red.

Couple of tips from someone who has done 1 tri so far, but that people gave me and I found invaluable.

Talc your bike shoes, makes a world of difference.

Leave your bike in a gear you can actually start in.
    I hope to see you before the off anyhow. I will mail you my mobile number
  • Thanks for that bassy - mailed you with mine anyhow as I'm not likely to be online again.

Pink -sorry to hear you're not going to make it, but if your hearts not in it then probably the best course of action. Hope to see you there anyway.

All the best to one and all.
  • Good luck all, Dorney lake was lovely and warm today at the Unilever Tri. YOu bike ponces can go turbo nutter mode and the surface is pretty much TOTALLY smooth. Luvly.

And if yuou hear a bang, it's not a terror attack, probably just one of bassys 4 million PSI tyres letting go.

Enjoy.
  • Good luck peeps!

See you there later. I'm pirate t-shirted and buffed so you should be able to spot me :-)
  • Pink - are you going to support??
  • First time to Dorney Lake for me and Shiraz today - it was nice in the sunshine - I could happily go there and support again one day (next time I will take a BBQ)

Well raced, Bassy and GMI! Liked the diving at half way in the swim (although I was a bit scared you'd gone and injured yourself when you started swimming back to the pier!)

And Pink - you looked totally relaxed and in control :o)
  • when I did the Steelman there a few weeks ago, someone did a fantastic Bomb off the end of the pontoon when starting his second swim lap - got a round of applause from everyone watching :o)
  • so it was you i saw yesterday dustboy ! Good finishing sprint there ! I have a pic of you on the run that i will try to get to you.
  • Well, having gone and watched my first proper tri I can honestly say I feel quite inspired.

Particularly, with such a good view of the transition area ;-D
  • As per normal pirate support was way loudest, and I dont know exactly what you were encouraging me with vocally, but 5 yards on were a couple of people pissing themselves laughing. GMI was even supporting me on the run when he was doing his bike leg!
  • Indeed cougie. That was me setting off the last of my fireworks all at once. Wasn't sure if they would go off though!

Picture would be much appreciated. Thought I was the lone pirate there?

Were you

a. the guy I asked to shout at me (and did so, thanks)
    b. the dark haired cool dude that commented on my withering sprint finish that I seemed to totally ignore (I did turn around after but nothing came out of my mouth)

And if you have any idea where to find the results, coz I haven't a clue where they are and no idea what my times were...
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Well done to those competing. It turns out that Bassy is something of a speed demon on the bike. He was really motoring round the course. Very impressive.

The team time trial earlier in the morning looked like a really good event that could be a pirate event for next year. Teams of three who race together, which means working as a team on the bike and run. Anyone for legal drafting? :-)
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    the dark haired cool dude

[giggle]
  • i think i was b ! hell of a sprint ! I was not in pirate kit this time - just did the bike leg of the mixed relay and we won ! Will try and get whole team in pirate gear next year ! They usually have results on the web - will see if i can find them. It was a good day - pity about the dodgy weather !
  • Sorry I meant to say congrats on IM Mr W!

Well maybe its me, but loads of people seemed to want to brake and come off the tribars for the chicaney bit and the turns and I was in full head down mode.

I think Phillipa heard the stallions owner was there and was showing her what he missed.I was just along for the ride.

• She was putting on a very impressive performance, Bassy :-D

Well done peeps!

I can safely say I felt no guilt at all at not taking part - but it did look like a great event, particularly the bike. One to actually train for next year I think!

AND I got some running shoes for £15

Happy Pink :-D
  • I am a Newbie on here...so sorry for the intrusion.

I went yesterday only as a spectator, mainly to see what I could be letting myself in for next year and like 'Pink' said looked a particularly great bike course.

Would love to have feedback from you brave souls who did in fact brave the elements. (Especially the lake :-))

Well done one and all who took part!!!!
  • Morning all,

Awesome day, perfect weather and a good course (although too flat for the bike, no let up on the shins)...

Many thanks to all those who were there yesterday and for your encouragement. Even at a small event the Pirates were the loudest.

Bassy is a speed demon (passed me on the bike - g1t ;-) ) but yelling at him was good to let off steam ! Was a pleasure :-D

Nice to see IM Hollywood, Shiraz, IM Mr W (nice medal and t-shirt ;-) ), the other pirates who I don't know and my own private support crew (you know who you are).

Swim was ok but the twisting double pike to enter the second lap didn't go as expected. My goggles came off and I had to go back and dive for them :-)))

Highlight of the day was a sprint finish with my daughter who was running by the side of the course to encourage me home, which enabled me to pass three people; pity she wasn't in the chute to get a photo!
  • Stretchy,

Is probably one of the best 'newbie-friendly' races I've been in. Traffic-free, flat and a lovely swim.

As long as you aren't in the last wave, you will have plenty of support. I was a mid-back packer for my wave and the transition and bike course were being taken down as I was still on the course. Feel sorry for those that were finishing as we were going home.....
  • Thanks for the tip GMI, I dont suppose there is any way of avoiding being in the last wave?, I suspect you get what you're given.:-{

What a horrible thought tho a deserted track with only empty cups as company EEEEkkk

At least it will up the incentive for training.