Options

Friday 27 April 2007

Morning

What: run after work/rehab exercises
Why: rehab programme
Last hard: finally getting an answer about my insoles (I did stamp my foot a bit;-)will be with me by Saturday

Have a good day out there looks like another warm one
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options
    morning,

you may need to walk about in them quite a bit first WP to get used to the feeling before you try running in them, also see if you need to take out the whole of the original trainier insole to accomodate them

keep the FLM pic refs coming in, nice ones wardi and nutty last night. must say everyone seems to be looking nicely relaxed, bet you didn't feel it though ;-)

good luck to NZC for tomorrow, with a bit of luck you had a decent night last night?

what - 40 mins steady
    why - easy day
    last hard - fast bit yesterday
    last rest - 2 days
    lyrics - no sorry

have a great friday

• Options
    What: A flying visit as work has been very busy and about to head off to Germany for next two days for work so apologises for not commenting on anybody elses exploits from yesterday.

Gentle 8km yesterday morning followed by physio. Enjoyed again the 'pleasure' of a metal hook being driven into my groin and along adductor. He also had a go at taping foot to see if that could take any pressure off. Idea is to give another week or two and if not then on to cortisone injections with rest.

Did 12km this am at a bit faster than recovery pace for first time for ages and although leg sore, easier than it has been.

Simon
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

NZC - Good luck for tomorrow

What: 5km - LFOTM Hyde Park
    Why: Because its there
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Lyrics: Not yet
  • Options
    Morning

SImon-that hook thing sounds AWFul!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to the serpie runners

and thinking of NZC tomorrow
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hmmm, metal hooks in the groin - doesn't bear thinking about really!

Pammie - good luck for your 5km today.

I took 30 seconds ish off my 10k pb last night. My watch said 54.55, which IS my 10k pb, but the course was at least 0.1km too long, if not 0.2, according to everyone I spoke to, so I'm assuming I pb'd.

What: a swim this morning and then a 15 mile turbo time trial later
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: last night, doing 180 degree turns round cones in the 10k
    Last rest: tuesday

Have a good day all.
  • Options
    Morning!

Is Roturua approaching - Good Luck NZC! I guess with Roturua you can literally smell when you get near the finish line?

SiT - yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaow - my eyes are watering reading that.

Trinni - :-)

What: 2km swim d&d, a short run tonight
    Why: Apparently TimTheDog is coming to stay this weekend - he's not going to be happy about the amount of cycling we've got planned!
    Lyrics: Think so...

The sun's coming back today - hooray!
  • Options
    Morning

Major shudder to stick.

Best of luck NZC. :0) Really hoping you get a great run.

How did IW get on?

No training yesterday at all. Too many other things going on, no time and no energy either. Trianing has all gone to pot this week.

Today
    What; def a run of some sort
    Why: see above para
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Last Rest: yesterday
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

yesterdays lyrics were Berlin - Take my breath away. I was on nights and watching Top Gun. I am sorry really I am.

What: 3.31miles d&d
    2-5pm easy
    Why: easy day after yesterdays first hard
    Last rest: Saturday
    Last hard: yesterday
    lyrics: no

Good luck NZC
  • Options
    Good morning

What: 6 miles slow
    Why: mileage (and I remembered my kit today)
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last lyrics: Wednesday

Shaping up to be a lovely weekend, unless you are running a marathon...
  • Options
    Morning,

After 4.5 weeks of managing to follow my training schedule I'm half on the bench for a couple of days. Shin splints have been made worse by each run this week so resorting to turbo and gym work until Sunday.

What: 42mins turbo am, 60mins cardio in gym pm
    Why: Banish the shin splints
    Last Hard: First upper body workout in 4wks at circuits last night
    Last Rest: 6 days

Race well and enjoy the weekend. Hoping to pace someone round Stratford Mara on Sunday. See if I can hit Gobi's perfect pacing of 1:29:30, 1:29:30 for 2:59.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hey Matt that sounds good

I'm running the Neolithic the following week at a more casual pace.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    AF your shorts certainly got lots of pics!! Great pics
    RFJ you too (not the shorts)
    Hope popsider and stickless's dogs are ok
    Hilly, I was so so happy, after all choc and alcohol were on the horizon;)

SIT ouch!
    Pammie good like today! My club capt does that he's 72!

What: nothing
    Why: still don't want to
    last hard@ sunday
    last easy all week

I can't believe I am behaving so well with my body this week! Hope I get pay back next thurs at the Dome! Time I have to get is 24 - 24.20 I think

Happy friday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nrg-b, hope your back is ok
    wardi - great pics of you especially the one with purple balloons coming out you head!
    Nutty Runner lovely pics, you are even beaming at the half way mark!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Hi All

What: 5 miles
    Why: Recovery

thanks WAbo. Did I mention we had to leg it a mile and a half to the start because London was grid locked?!!!

I enjoyed Sunday. It was hard but I am so glad I didn't pull out which is what I thought I might have to do because of an old injury flaring up because of the sprint across London!!

Good luck NZC.

Everyone's pictures look good though.

The sun is shining again- have a good one everyone!!
  • Options
    It's Friday!!

Bit cloudy here. It would be nice if there's some shade on Sunday. Please?

V-rap: I'm 1169

A friend/ collegue of my husbands came round yesterday to lend me his £1000+ triathlon training bike. He even took me out for a few mins to teach me how to ride it. I was going to do my tri with my mountain bike, but he reckons the difference in bikes will save me 20mins on a 35km cycle. How nice is that?! I've only met the guy twice, but here he is lending me his bike! Some people are so cool.

What: probably a 2 mile jog later on
    Why: just to remind the legs and lungs what we're doing

Lyrics: No. Thus ends my 2 day streak.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Flyaway

what tri and when ??
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

A rest day for me but a few moments to pop in while the little fellow sleeps.

Did just over 3 miles last night, but had to stop twice during that to regain my breath and try to get rid of stitch. The current stitch I'm getting is so sharp that it's difficult to breathe through it and I get to the point where I can't actually take in a proper breath unless I stop. Not sure why this is happening but we will persevere. I'm enjoying running again though - oddly I seem to have lost any competitive spirit for the time being and am happy to just run for the sake of running.

Must go again - Kit's waking up and just gave me a big grin when I walked in to check on him. He is SO cute!
  • Options
    Morning

Good photos everyone. Really enjoy seeing the people behind the names.

NZC - Hope you have a good run. Will be thinking of you.

Pammie - Best of luck in your 5k.

Nutty - Have just seen an article in our local paper about a couple of marathon runners who had to run 6 miles to get to the start because of problems with the trains! I think I would have probably cried! Makes your time even more impressive. Well done!

What: 7 miles easy
    Why: LSR tomorrow

Enjoy the day all
  • Options
    Minks - Do you get stitch even if you run very slowly or is it there whatever the pace? First babies are sooooo special!
  • Options
    Hi All

Thanks Happiness. My little jog seems nothing compared to theirs!!!

Flyaway - glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you doing the marathon? Good luck.
  • Options
    Morning All!

Nearly the weekend! And it's payday too so the day has started well...

Nutty: Great pics - they are almost interactive - you can tell how far into the race you are by the amount of orange in the bottle! COnsidering you also ran a 27.7 mile marathon including grid locked start I think you can put that down as a pb of sorts!

SiT - I've just crossed my legs in sympathy. Ooouch.

NZC - Good Luck tomorrow!

Flyaway - some people are so generous.... watch out for that pothole......

As for me:

What: 5 miles recov +6x100m strides
    Why: Recovery
    Last Hard: Tues
    Last Rest: Last night

In two minds today about my training, as I'm following P&D I have a 8 - 15K "tune up race" scheduled for tomorrow and recov today but as I don't have a race entry I might follow AF's (very succesful it seems) idea of swapping Friday and Sat over and do the recovery tomorrow prior to Long run on sunday. But that means hammering it a bit today, and not sure I've got the energy! We'll see how I feel later.

Ooooh long post, sorry.

Happy days y'all!

FIN
  • Options
    morning all,

SiT: ouch
    IW: well run :)
    MtB: hope the shins clear up for sunday

What: nada
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: last night
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: think so
  • Options
    Good morning everyone :o)

SiT, that conjures up the most unpleasant Tarantino-esque images :oS~ Yuck!

Great news on the bike, Flyaway! And I'll be looking out for you on Sunday.

It appears that I looked far worse than I felt on Sunday, but the day also generated my favourite-ever race photo. A naughty Fetchie snapped me claiming a full-on snog at Mile 22 :o)

http://www.marathonfoto.com/order_my_photos.cfm?BFI=6okgdr6m1t&Language=en

Today ...

What: 2 hours at 75%WHR.
    Why: Tentative attempt at a LSR, and because eL Bee! has loaded my HR zones into my Polar so I can.
    Last hard: Wednesday.
    Last rest: Sometime last week.

If it was a genuine reverse taper, I'd be doing a long bike ride today, but there isn't time.

Happy running and resting :o)
  • Options
    I think that link may not work. Sorry!
  • Options
    V'rap - nope, link is broke. :(
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ref the transport on FLM day. I saw some green start runners legging it by the 6 miles point to the start. There was no way they were going to get there for the actual start. I felt so sorry for them. What a day for London transport to mess up. As I said had it not been for the local knowledge of friends I'd have been stuck as I had no idea how to get to the finish with the DLR down and India tunnel close along with some tube stations.

Pammie - run strong!

what:am 4 miles / pm 6 miles
    why:regain lost fitness

• Options
    Gobi: The triathlon is in Faringdon, which is in Wiltshire. Starts at the Lesiure Center there.
    swim: 800m
    bike: 35km
    run: 12km
    It's on June 10th. I found out about it because we go swimming at the pool it starts at, so saw the entry forms. I honestly dont know how "big" an event it is.

Nutty Runner: Yes, i'll go and give it my all on Sunday. Hoping for a GFA time.

FINgers: What did make me laugh was the small aside the guy had to my husband along the lines of "if she breaks it, you're paying for it!!" hehe.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Flyaway

cool, I am racing for a laugh this Sunday so a fun report will follow on Monday.

I can't swim and I don't ride my bike (46miles this year) but I can run a bit :¬)
  • Options
    Gobi, the furthest I have so far managed to swim before I need a wee break is a whopping 50m. So I dont anticipate a stellar performance. I'm just hoping to have fun!

I had heard you were a keen jogger....
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Morning

Some great photos from RFJ, Wabo, AF and Wardi. My official ones can be found under surname Pearson, runner no. 29016.

What: cycle 20 miles
    Why: tri training

Off to Flamborough this weekend for some cliff walking/puffin watching with Mrs Podro. It is our anniversary - 20 years since we met and 16 since we married. Enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.