Friday 27 April 2007

Comments

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    And Nutty R's photos were good too. I notice that BR was wearing some Paula socks in his. Do they make a difference?
  • Morning all,
    Good track session had last night down at IEK, a little harder than I was expecting to do, but good anyway. Had my Czech training partner with me, she stuck to by shoulder like super glue, took me until the last rep to drop her a little!

For me session went well, I controlled my pace and kept very consistent with no drop off in pace, felt like I could have done a few more at that speed, just that my Hamstrings were beginning to hurt a little.

session being: 5x1mile with 4min recoveries.

1) 5:30
    2) 5:30
    3) 5:28
    4) 5:30
    5) 5:28

What:
    am: 4.25mile easy already done, felt quiet good and managed 7:30mm pace.

pm: 6-miles steady inc Threashold pace for some of the run, see how I feel during run, but plan on running at least 10mins at threashold if possible

Why:
    Aerobic endurance and learning to sustain a good pace.

• Flyaway - that's pretty rare. I was once told "a cyclist would sooner let you ride their husband than their bike." Obviously this guy is the exception!

Popsider - sorry to hear about your dog, hope s/he's not in too much pain

RFJ, Nuttyrunner, Wabo, wardi et al - lovely pics - you can see the heat!

Podro - aha, now I know who to look out for at Fred Whitton (me and MrB are easy to spot - we have total strangers coming up to us and telling us who we are, which is enough to make anyone paranoid)

AF - thanks for asking, I've been slacking on the drills a bit recently but overall the progress is good, for the first time in five years I feel that I might actually start to get faster (once I get this ankle sorted out)

What: 32 miles @ low L2, hilly (cycling to work), inc. the famous "Bunny Hill". Luckily the wind was behind me most of the way. Must stop getting lost in Leicester at the end of the ride though.
    Why: speed edurance on tired legs
    Last hard: riding home from work last night - travelling north for 35 miles into a northerly wind. Managed to find a route which avoided Loughborough though, which was good
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    cheers flyaway

nice paced reps Micksta
  • Morning all,
    Simon - Don't even like to think about it
    Mtb - Hope the shin splints ease off before Sunday's marathon
    Stickless - No plans at the moment other than to get rid of my chest problems and no other marathon planned for this year

Asthma finally getting better and first run since Sunday - legs a bit tight but otherwise okay.

What: 9 miles
    Why: recovery

Have a good day all
  • Morning all,

NZC - have a great day tomorrow

flyaway - aren't people great! They're right the bike will make you fly!

What: easy 6 miles
    Why: Easy day before planned 30 tomorrow
    Last Hard: Can't remember

Have a great day
  • Hi All

Podro - couldn't get your photos on site.

V-rap - what was your number?

Flyaway - good luck for Sunday. You can do it!

Cheers FINgers - didn't think of that!!
  • Hi, great photos, Nutty you look like you really enjoyed yourself..you dont look like you are finding the heat a problem at all..Vrap what is your number, you link didnt work.
    Looking forward to NZC report , good luck to you !!!

My legs are feeling quite sore today, maybe the club run was a bit much the other night, maybe I should have joined you 200.

What : easy 5
    Why : Legs sore
    Last hard : wed
    last rest: yesterday
  • Link didn't work, did it?

Number 16315, surname Gold. There are loads of pics - I've never had so many - and I look on the verge of extinction on all of them.
  • HI all

V-rap - excellent pictures. You look good in them all!
  • Vrap,those pics are great,and so many !! you look like you are running really well !!
  • Afternoon All

What: 38.5 miles in 6-02 d & d
    Why: Comrades
    Last hard: the last 10K today
    Last rest: yesterday

Started running at 0315 to try and beat the heat was running with clubmate also doing comrades, plan was to run the 30K to the start of the normal club run and then do 20k with club and 10K on our own after. Desperately pulled club mate along to the 0630 club run, then able to run my own pace for 20K, last 10K encouraging clubmate, getting very hot 38C but we made it. Felt good all the way, 4 pints of Stella later feel even better!
  • Morning all,

just finishing watching Top Gun now...

What: 55 min turbo with 2 x (10 x 30 secs one leg drill each leg) d&d this morning; 2 x 1.9k swim with warm up and cool down this afternoon
    Why: it's Friday
    Last hard: adjusting to saddle on new bike - must swap my saddles because I can't afford a new one right now!
    Last rest: Sat

Good runnings all.
  • popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Lizzy - thanks no I don't think she's in pain, hard to tell with dogs. I'm sure my vet will suggest I have her put down now but she's a bit trigger happy that way.

What - my birthday and rest. Well actually I've been out dogging, not intentionally - I was walking the dogs and there were a couple of kids from the local school having full sex in the middle of Darley Park - I'd have thought it was a bit nippy but I suppose they don't feel the cold at that age, still they could have been a bit more discreet.
  • PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Nutty - sorry I put in the wrong number - it is 29106. Fingers typing to fast and no proof reading :(

Pops - did you get any pictures? Enquiring minds would like to know.

Lizzie/Pops - what time are you planning to set off on FW?
  • popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    8am mass start probably.

No pictures, but I'll always have the memories....actually I was in two minds whether to ask them to stop but I was too embarassed, not being prudish but it's not exactly the time and place.

• Pops - wow, what an experience. I'm sure I've told this story before, but one time I was on a beach in Greece with my boyfriend (just sunbathing!) and two people swam out of the sea, had sex right next to us, maybe 10 metres away, then went back in the sea and swam off. I didn't know what to do I was so embarrassed!
  • Podro - prob'ly soon after 7:00 a.m. - that way we can get a tow off someone faster later on when we are knackered. Also, like to get to the first big descent before it gets too busy - worked well last year as all the carnage took place about 15 minutes behind us.

Popsider. Crikey - what you need is a water pistol or something, kids are like cats really, one big shock and they'll never do it again. Happy birthday btw!
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    top running DD

sounds like you will be in top shape this year, I have the last minute enter jitters and will miss it badly this year.
  • V-Rap - Like I said, you look like a sub-3:30 lady...

NZC - Good luck tomorrow

What: Rest
    Why: Recovery from FLM

...but it is a nice day & I feel OK, so perhaps a little run this evening?
  • DD that is one serious training run!
  • DD good grief...awesome !!!
  • DD - amazing distance, bet those stella's were delicious!

Happy birthday Popsider - hope you get no more surprises today!
  • Afternoon All,

NZC, Flyaway, MtB, Hippo? Gobi? Good luck with this wweekend's marathons. Hope it's cooler than last weekend - but the forecast's say's otherwise, at least for the UK runners.

Podro: Happy Anniversary! It's mine and Mrs AFs 16th next Friday.

DD: That's some run!

Popsider: Happy Birthday!

Some great FLM pics coming in. Has anyone found a way to download decent sized images? Or do we have to pay the exorbitant prices?

What: 7m recovery
    Why: A spring is returning to my step
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: 367 days

Have a good weekend
  • AF - Last rest 367 days??? What happened to the day off?
  • DD - nice run, you'll certainly be well ahead of me on the day with that time! My longest training run is 34m in 5:40 so far. Probably about the same temp.

Pops - happy birthday.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    it is lovely to see peoples pics, we've been posting all these years and don't know most of each others faces!!

Vrap - brilliant pics! hair flying face smiling!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    AF

fun triathlon for me this weekend, marathon next weekend