Options

Any brand new runners out there?

Comments

• Options

Hi all been a while since i was on here so an update is due i think.I'm still running just ........ It looks like my tummy ulcer is back grrrrrr but i'm taking my meds like a good little girl and i hope to be all better soon image

It's good to see you back on here Em but yes come on girl what did you do you scared everyone away when you posted again image Fanatsatic work that 7 miles brilliant,i had began to wonder if we would see you back on here again tho.Well done on your race preston 10k was it fun??Please say yes coz i'm seriously considering entering some races now imageimageimage

G how did the house move go??What have you been doing running wise any more races??

Right i'm off for now keep up the hard work everyone i'll call back soon i promise imageimageimage

• Options

hi everyone!

move went well thanks EB - bloody knackering tho!!! sorry to hear ur tummy ulcer not back - but well done on taking ur meds - fingers crossed they will sort you out in no time!!

Jen - that fab news bout ur dynamic exercises - even though they do sound slightly scary! all steps in the right direction tho!

Em - big well done on ur 7 miler chick!!! hope those legs are less painful now!

keith - weekend sounds good - very busy tho!!

doing lots of running in the gym at work at the mo on the treddie as i dont know new area yet well enough to go running in dark! off out for a big run at the weekend tho so fingers crossed i wont get lost!!!!

hope everyone well!

• Options

hello

sorry been absent a bit - computer an me both not well - but better now - hooray! 

G ... Brockley - well I used to live in Stondon Park (many moons ago!) and had a pint or two in the Brockley Jack pub - bet its not still there!???   Hope your move goes went well??

EB!!!  How you doing - sorry you've had stomach trouble - poor you!  hope you doing better now

Keith - My mileage v minimal- will get on fetch and sort out!  image  you been doing a lot of miles!!  good on you! 

Jen kwala and Emma - great to see you here and so pleased you both doing well - bit more effort from me now I'm feeling better -  might splurge on some new running shoes to get me in the mood

any recommendatations??  Loved the very bouncy cushioned soles of my Nike shox responds - but alas, it seems now they are antique!!

• Options

Hi guys glad everyone okay. i am now back in training in earnestimage for gsr in October 2008.  Had three weeks of with this horrible flu bug, left me feeling tired and listless.  Went out for my second run this week and di 2 miles in around 26 - 27 mins not bad after time off.  This week (monday) sees the start of the real traning (hopefully) will not fall ill again, seems like whenever i do really well something happens to put back of track gain.  If i do wat i am doing at the mo increasing half a mile every two weeks should be running 10 miles by the 18th october then i can taper of for the last two weeks before bg race.

• Options

<peeps into thread>

hellooooooooo, anybody there?

echo - o - o - o - o

< watches tumbleweed blow around for a bit>

where'd everybody go?  come back!!!!

• Options
    Hello peeps where the heck  has everybody gone ???? *wanders off alone *
  • Options
    i forgot to tell you all did'nt i -
  • Options
    mnp  - where's the rest of your post - what did you forget to tell us?
  • Options
    Hi everyone just a quick up date ran seven miles on sunday, up to 17 miles a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not many people been on here lately, not sure where everyones gone image Not going to be able to do my half marathon on 9th March because whenever I run over seven miles my left knee is in so much pain I cant walk. Have seen a physio and have been told i need to build up the miles slowly imageimageimage
  • Options

6 weeks till London.

It's around now that it's normal to start sh*tting ones pants? image

• Options
    ADGADG ✭✭✭

Hi guys havne't been posting for a while so thought I would le tyou know what I've up to.

I did the Lasswade 10 yesterday, hills were very difficult but I set a steady pace and I had set myself 3 goals of 1 30 1 40 and  1 45, I did the race in 1 30 so well pleased. I am entered in the Edinburgh Half marathon in two weeks. Beer last night and sitting about resting my legs today.

Only been running since last September and am really enjoying it.

• Options

Rock on

One 1.3 mile SLOW treadmill amble no pain followed by 2 laps of my shorttest loop which is a little of 5k at 3.25 miles in 32:53 totaling 4.55 miles and still no pain.

Current prospects of runing siverstone on sunday high, likelihood of aiming for a PB probably still slim but we'll see. Sense says take it steady stupidity says bollocks to that its a fast course and go for it.

• Options

Hi all where is everybody?

EB - did you get in GNR? I did!

and erm for some reason ive entered into the NY marathon - crumbs!

This thread is looking eerily quiet - I hope everybody is okay.

Em x

• Options
    ADGADG ✭✭✭
  • Options

6 weeks till London.

It's around now that it's normal to start sh*tting ones pants? image

I just had to laugh at that !!

• Options
    Ashby 20 Magic

Went to Ashby 20 tough hilly- ish mile race today clocked a slow 3.26, but then that happens

would never have missed it for the world, it was simply a magic day

Phillip felt very heavy on hills at 18.5 - 19.5 , so had to walk a little, but that won't take away the pure magic day we had

WE can be so very proud of what we did and we are proud

it was great meeting people , made our whole day

Thankyou all so much

Mick n phil xx
  • Options
    Glad to hear you had a good day MnP

HI Em, don't know what's happened to everyone.  NY will be fab, good luck with that.

Hi Andy, you're doing brilliantly, 1:30 is a great time - you should be in for a sub 2:00 half at that pace (if my maths is right)
  • Options
    Andy - Kwala's maths is right a 90 min 10 miler is very close to a sub 2 half. My PB's are 88:36 for 10 miles and 1:59:07 for a half.
  • Options
    Silversstone half
    Phew this was hard work as my shin was hurting some what image

Splits first which are +/- a few secs as i wasn't always that on time hitting the lap button.

00:09:12
    00:09:09
    00:09:22
    00:09:30
    00:09:49
    00:10:23 walked through lucazade station and around the u turn
    00:10:36
    00:11:00 walked for a stretch here
    00:09:52
    00:11:16 walked here too ater lucazade station
    00:10:43 stopped for a pee
    00:10:31
    00:11:12 last 1.1 miles pace 10:11

finish time 2:12:35

Was hard work this one, was manaing to go along ok for the first 3 miles or so but there was always some paon there which wasn't vanishing so i was forced to slow down. Comfortable pace seemed to be a little over 10 min miling.

Thankfully when i slowed down to circa 10 min miling (really need to get garmin fixed and/or buy a second one) the pain eased off although my left knee was hurting instead. God only knows why it was flat enough. I think it might of been cos my right knee and its annoyingly troublesome ligament was aching to and with it being a right shin problem the left leg would of been dominating i suppose.

Walked for fairly lengthy periods a few times to rest the aches and let thing settle down which worked well, was espcially pleased with the last 3 miles as i went non stop with woad wunner which was nice. Was the first fetchie i'd seen since CY diappeared shortly after the first drinks spot.

If i'd been fully fit i think i'd of PB'd be a little by running around with contro and his little 9 min miling sign but it wouldn't of been enough to win the challenge would of needed a 1:53 for that image

Now its time for some decisions it seems that if i go slow enough i can still run with the shin splints with out any probem during the race. Obviously wil need to see how much i can walk tomorrow yet but i've popped some rufen to assist on any inflamation and will have my feet up when not at work as mucvh as possible.

In 3 weeks i have kingston breakast run which is 16 miles and the week after that it is paris marathon. In the mean time it'll be another total rest period i think
  • Options

Hi all,

So you are all alive then!!!!

How is everybody doing - all great by the looks of it.

Emx

• Options

hello everyone! 

Its been a wee while yes, (hangs head in shame) ... struggling a bit with tooth infection and just lazy.... excuses excuses - really missing it - went out this morning, very hard only short wee run ... BUT - hooray - at least I went.   Good to read how everyone is doing - Em - sounds like you're doing great!?  Hi to M and P, Keith, Andy. Martin, Jen - how you getting on ...

Where's EB and G??

• Options

Hi Cathy

G is at college so cant get on much at the moment - how are you doing? Hope the tooth okay - not sure about EB.

Hi to Jen and everybody

x

• Options
    Oh sorry Andy didnt notice you before - your running is coming on great
  • Options
    ADGADG ✭✭✭

Next race is  Edinburgh half on sunday, had a run of 5.25 mile round arthurs seat in Edinburgh today and legs feel great so hoping for a good run on sunday, aiming for a) 2 hours b) 2 10 c) 2 20.

did my longest run ever on Sunday about 14 mile in 2 hours 26 very slow.

I only started running last september.

good to see you all still here and posting.

• Options
    ADGADG ✭✭✭

11 weeks till Edinburgh Marathon EEKKKK.

they sent us an email saying they had moved the expo about 1 kilometre up the road, a 10 minute walk...and they have a bus incase any of us can't manage the extra walk lol

• Options

Andy - love your avatar and 2 in a row look even better - formation dancing team.

Em- I'm doing well, ankle is well and truly on the mend.  Managed 2 runs (well walk/runs) last week and had a little run during my PT sesh tonight as I didn't manage it last night, as I was out.
    I went to see Squeeze - pretty sure everyone here is waaaay too young to remember them - they were around in the late 70s/80s, sang 'cool for cats' and 'up the junction'.  It was a real walk down memory lane, but it was one of the best gigs I have seen in a long time, fantastic songs, fantastic musicians, loved every minute image

• Options
    oh, didn't mean to forget you Keith, great time, considering you were in pain all the way round (glad I didn't bet on you though, although CY done good for me again!!)
  • Options

OK hi guys sorry i feel like have deserted you lot a bit but i've had a lot going on.I have split up from my husband and moved into my mums,i now also have a new boyfriend who is also a runner.I am beginning to get serious with my running now i have entered a few races North tyneside 10k,Pier to Pier (7.5 miles),Blaydon races(5.7 miles),Bupa great womens run(10k) and yes the GNR.

My training runs are increaing with distance last weekend i done 8 miles and this weekend i'm hoping to do 9.The weekend after i'm racing so the ten will have to wait till the following week but it's a possibilty i will doing it on the south downs.

I'm going to FLM with the fetchies to do the support so if any of you are going to be there i shall be at mile 22 and i will shout and scream if i see you.Sorry it's a short post but i need to dash go to get ready for the gym and then shopping for new trail shoes at newcastle,i never seem to have time to sit still at the minute.Will do a better post soon i promise.

• Options

Hey, EB. Hope your new boyfriend is Wild Will.  (He's fit!!!)

Sorry to hear about your situation but hope you are happy.

xx

• Options

LOL JO no it's not but yes he is fit just don't tell him i said so

How are you??