Options

Forum Rows

I'm fairly new to this forum, having only just recently got a broadband connection (and it's Talk Talk, but therein lies another thread). Anyway...

I think we need to talk about this. Most of the threads have been either a laugh, or an interesting swap of ideas. Others have been a bit more personal and I've shared a few things that maybe I might not have done without a glass of chardonnay, but hey, we've all done it and at the end of the day none of this is reality. I've also posted a couple of things that I meant as a joke, and thanks to the lack of expression in the flat written word, people have read the wrong thing into their reaction has made me feel pretty bad. On the few times this has happened, I've apologised, apart from one case, where I just managed not to hit the 'submit' button on the reply I was tempted to post.

Having been a runner for a good few years, and joined several clubs thanks to having moved around a bit, I firmly believe that runners in general are are particularly supportive and friendly bunch, encouraging each other, with people who finish a race first yelling "well done" (and meaning it)at the people who come in towards the end of a race and who've made a huge effort to get to the start line, let alone the finish.

So given that forumites seem to be in the same mould, what exactly is going wrong on the RW forum on some threads, and why?

Comments