The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• JS - I hope you managed to make the run at Steve's yesterday.  Good to see you again!  You'll find there are a few stalwarts (those like me who don't do Facebook) who still look in on here.  See you on a run very soon!

Morrisons run on Saturday I believe.......!!

• Kinder Trial on Saturday image

JMC - see you there! are you doing the Hayfield Series for 2016?

• Daz, remind me where the VC race route goes. I'm sure I had that highlighted to run a few years ago then it stopped and I never got the opportunity.

I'll see you at Kinder Trial. I can't wait for the updated list to appear so I can see who else is going.

• Nick - the Vanessa Chappell route varied a bit over the years, but basically went from the Moorside Hotel (as was) over Bowstones, through Lyme Park and back via Black Rocks

this was the final route in 2013, which included an ascent of Sweet Hill (one of my fave training hill-reps):

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-1752903

• is there a wbc team entering canal cruisers pub quiz?

• ES - Yep I made it out last Sunday, not sure who was more shocked to see me, J8 or GBM! Was great to be back out running in the hills again, have really missed it. Unfortunately I can't make this Sunday as I've picked up a cold to top all colds and haven't run since track on Tuesday image.  Hopefully will be back out next weekend though.

Enjoy the Morrisons run!

• Just in case anyone still checks on here, good luck to all those running in the London marathon on Sunday image
  • JS- thanks! I shall be sauntering round.

Where did everyone go? X

Hope you are well BTW
  • Everyone's apparently deserted the thread for FB image

Enjoy your saunter plodmeister.

I'm good thanks, looking forward to a weekend down in London.
  • Oh. I don't really do that. On my way to excel.

Enjoy the weekend x

I am hoping to because this one is for fun x
  • OK, so I have been out of the loop recently, but it was great to see so many people yesterday.

I was a great day.

How do I find anyone?! Other that going to the track?
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

How did you do Plod?  Nice cold weather, better than usual conditions IMO.

• Hi poacher!

Ask me a different question!

I did about as well as I'd hoped for on the circumstances. Which are kind of unusual... you could say!

I had a fab time. Basically, I started off the champs and made sure I was in the front row. Took an old phone and filmed the start.

Took some photos on the way too.

3:36 a 35 min pw!

But the last 3k were easily the most fun I have ever had in a race!

How did you get on?
  • PPP - where the bloody hell have you been?!  I don't do Facebook so I have no social media contact with anyone anymore, it's just text and face to face.

Are you back into running now?  Sorry we didn't get chance to catch up yesterday.  Cathy saw you and shouted encouragement but you wouldn't have heard her due to the noise I suspect.

My legs were mashed yesterday.  Felt heavy from quite early but from 18 miles I knew I would just get slower and I was right.  Heart rate kept coming down as my pace went up!  I don't recommend running 2 marathons in 6 weeks with a half in the middle - never again! 

Still, following my 2.46 at Barcelona last month, I ran a 2.48 yesterday and I have to be happy with that especially as it was a London PB.  I had (and have) no desire to run another marathon so going sub 2.45 was a target but was largely irrelevant.

I will reflect over the next month and after Old County Tops I will then decide if 2017 is my BGR attempt, and if so I'll then get planning in earnest.  If you get in shape maybe I can count on your support?!

• Plod it was really good to catch up yesterday don't leave it so long next time.

set off for sub 2.55 but had the worst start ever took over a minute an half to get over the start line,after that it took miles before I got an open road, hit halfway 1.28.33 and finished in 2.56.17 so a nice negative split for the second year running 

number 18 sub 3 do I declare or go for 20?

• Bloody hell, the thread is alive, plod is back, Eric is reflecting and i blew up at mile 18! I'm getting all nostalgic! image

Plod/Poacher-- sorry i missed you both yesterday. 

Plod--Not sure many will be at the track this week but we will be out for a run this weekend. We will post details on here later in the week. Please join us. image

Quick Race Report - Despite knowing deep down that i wasn't as fit, i still tried to replicate last years race. I stayed with jonah as long as i could but started dropping back slightly at about 16 miles. At mile 18 the wheels came off and my body started packing up as it does. I hung in for 2 painful miles but at mile 20 i knew that i wasn't even going to get sub 3 and i thought "F*** THIS!!!" and just started jogging slowly. I spent the last miles high-5ing the crowds which was great fun. Great to see so many Harriers after the race and again in the evening.

Well done to everyone who ran this weekend.

Eric--Speaking of the BG, did you see that the womans record got smashed this weekend? Jasmin Paris got round in 15 hours 23 mins. Over two and a half hours quicker than Nicky Spinks time. And i see Jasmin is doing the Old Counties Tops! 

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Heck, I finished ahead of Plod in an actual race!  Nice run though Plod, sounds like it was real fun.  Good work ES/Jonah/GBM.

Saw Simon H yesterday at green start, presumably the rest of you were on red; trudged round in a Poundland-style no-frills 3.17 to renew GFA, pretty c**p but it was only the 2nd LR of the year (1st was Manc marathon, what a shambles). Long way to get back to being fit.

Jonah did you get to Tokyo this time?

• Poacher saw you the other day near Lyme park by the time I'd turned my van around you had disappeared.

Yes loved it, managed to sneak in 2.55, so completed the lot sub 3, only 3 people in the UK have managed it at the moment.

Need a catch up to fill me in regarding the Comrades.

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Top notch work in Tokyo, nice one.

Comrades is the business, but it's all about the colour of your medal. You should go for silver. Entries for 2017 will open in the autumn - shout if I can help.

• ES- those are really very good performances! and very consistent, well done! It is impressive that you remain so focused. Sorry I missed Cathy and you after but I was an hour later near enough! Re the BGR, definitely!

Poacher- that is a great time given your lack of miles.

I did have a great time, but I missed out the part where I fell apart at mile 15/16 and needed a pep talk from the st Johns people to get me running again!

GBM- classic GBM marathon experience. Thanks for the invite. Would love to join you all soon. May not be able to do this weekend though. Kids cricket match. Depends on time though?

J8- that is some achievement! and what an experience. They should get you on Marathon Talk. Have you ever blown up in a race?! It was good to see you too.

I have basically let the mileage and motivation slip and fallen off the radar. I have been going through some personal stuff which has quite a significant impact on me and my running. But I would really like to get back to more regular running/competing/events albeit a bit more sedately! I miss it tbh.

For some reason I am thinking of the BS this Autumn but I couldn't keep up with you lot so I'd need to find someone aiming for 12 hours ish I reckon, who knows the way!?
  • For those not on Facebook 

sunday run 8 o'clock start

Mellor march route, meeting on knowle road, Mellor, near Mellor primary school.

all welcome