The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Hopefully will be able to join you on runs next weekend after entertaining the mother in law this weekend! image

• WEEKEND IN THE LAKES!!!! - Friday 12th Aug - Sunday 14th Aug.

Staying here - http://www.gillsidecaravanandcampingsite.co.uk/camping.html

Couple of days running up and down mountains then eating and drinking in pubs. All welcome. image

• GBM-we may join you !!

Oh, and the thread wouldn't be the same without it-I'm full of cold image!!

• Took a few up Kinder Scout this morning, boiling hot but the views were the best I've seen for years

PPP - anytime, won't be too long before you're leading the grpup again.

• Minnie6--You may join us?!!!! The whole reason we picked that weekend is because you are already there. WE ARE JOINING YOU and Mickey6 is sorting the routes out and he has told us which camp site to stay at!!!

• GBM-of course we're going!! I was joking! Hope you had a good day in the Lakes today-it was beautiful.

• Good!!! image

Todays OCT recce was very tough in the heat. Started off at Old Dungeon Ghyll and picked up the route at Angle Tarn. Made it to Cockley Beck better than we did last year but were starting to get dehydrated by then. Refuelled and refilled our water at the beck but got totally lost trying to find the path up to Grey Friar/Old man. Made our way to Three Shire Stone and managed to get a lift back to Old Dungeon Ghyll from there in a camper van. Thats becoming a theme!image We were out there about five and a half hours so at least it was a good training run. Hope its not that hot on race day.

• Gbm- sounds like fun. Just hearing those names brings acknowledge memories.

J8 - anywhere in the middle will be fine!
  • I bet it was tough there today, GBM-it was hot just going for a stroll with the mother in law! I am doing my best to kick M6's ass and get him fit ready for August! He did his longest run for ages on Friday. image

• GBM - There's no path up Grey Friar just head slightly to left of summit then head up and right to summit of Old Man. It is tricky Big Lee and I got a bit lost in thick cloud on the way down to 3 Shires after the old man, but a quick compass

bearing got us back on course! Did Eric have is compass with him ????
  • PPP - Do you remember when you came up to the Lakes and met Minnie and I to recce leg 3 of the BG got some great pics! Did you ever do that MSc project that you were filming on route?
  • M6- I do remember. It was lots of fun. I never did complete the MA though and sadly I think all the footage died with my old Mac!
  • PPP- Bit late reply image but I'm still not running. Going to try a jog tonight and see if my knee holds up.

• EricSeagullEricSeagull ✭✭✭

SARQ - believe it or not I still get the odd twinge from my rib after my fall a few years ago!

M6 - BT had his compass when we were near Grey Friar and I confirmed to him that he was right and we were running in a SE direction.  We were actually running in a NW direction, hence why we got a bit lost!

I think I'll make an appearance in August for a change.  I'll come up with the family, although we won't be slumming it!

• Eric-brilliant! You could stay at the Inn on the Lake! 

Alas, the Inn on the Lake is booked up!  It also appears that most other places are too and I'm not camping!!  My only option might be a family room at the YH at Helvelyn and it's only about a mile up the road.  Anywhere else you can think of?

• Have you tried the Patterdale Hotel it's a 5 min walk from Glenridding.

Cheers J8 - will check it out!

• Eric-also the Patterdale YHA and there's a couple of b and bs too.

• BetaHasBeenBetaHasBeen ✭✭✭

Dropped in here tonight expecting all the talk to be about short distances and losing their PBs...

PPP, I always thought you ran like a girl and now you soon will be one!  Really, I am gobsmacked and I can only imagine the turmoil you must have been going through.  I hope it all works out well for you and the people close to you. 

That was a good run again yesterday, thanks J8!  PPP/JS - where were you both?  I thought you were now regulars on Jonah's Sunday sessions.

Minnie - may have to give Glenridding a miss.  Accommodation is extremely limited and where there is availability it's really expensive.  I don't really want to go up on my own (if I did, I'd camp!) as I will have been away for a couple of nights at the Lakeland 50 two weeks earlier.

Have a good holiday J8.  Due to OCT, your holiday and then my holiday, I probably won't see you now until Three Peaks.

• hi ES, sorry I missed you. I am having some injury issues. I think it is sciatica, but don't really know, the pain seems to move around and some times it is OK but at the weekend it was bad. Sunday's are bad for me running wise cos of kids' cricket. I am going to be at a loose end soon though as I am moving out for a while when I go full time (transition). Around half term in two weeks. I am kind of hoping to do more running to help fill the void... Hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks. ..

must catch up soon and good luck with the OCT.

I am going to try and make Saturday's run.

BHB - yeah, bit of a surprise I guess. thanks for the kind words.

PPP - thanks for the OCT best wishes.  Looking like it's going to be a wet one - better than the heat we had the other week. 

Hope the back/injury clears up and see you end of June (on hols the 2 weekends after this one and then it's the BT 3 peaks)!!

• Eric-never mind, I'm sure we'll go again!

PPP-hope the next few weeks go well. Will probably see you if you're running lots!

• Don't spose anyone's camping in the lakes next weekend (bank holiday weekend)? We are going to Euro Mountain Running Trials on the Saturday and fancy camping and going for a long run on the Sunday....

• PG-M6 is there as someone he knows is on a BG round. I may go-not sure yet!

• PG-staying at Burns campsite just on way into Keswick.

Another disappointing effort yesterday at OCT and that's 2 years on the run I've DNF'd.  This time me and my partner (Gino Sassanelli) were way up the field along with GBM & BT but we had to drop out at halfway (Angle Tarn) as Gino suffered an ankle injury.  So be it, these things are to be expected in a pairs event.

Massive congratulations to GBM & BT who came home in 10.20.  The weather conditions were horrendous - I don't think I've ever ran in worse conditions.

Bring on the 3 peaks in 3 weeks.  A team of 4 this time - hopefully we'll all run well and safely!

• Great efforts, Eric, GBM, Gino and BT. Doesn't sound fun at all!

• Well done OCT runners it's a tough race with tricky navigation when the weather is bad.

Great time by GBM and BT well done !! The hardest T shirt you will ever run for !

ES next year ?