The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Its not the van we have a problem with !

Nice run this morning although a bit muddy - our timing was perfect as it soon started p1551ng it down.

• KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Im not giving up on FLM yet, although I think Im going to sack Grindleford next week. If anyone want my entry let me know. Im still going up on the day suporting st, tst, mgmt, et-al. Im going to have a good weeks layoff and try and get to the gym to keep the cardio up.

60 - cheeky b*st*dimage

• Kwaka - keep your chin up.  I remember being injured 6 weeks before my first marathon (FLM 2006) and having to have 3 weeks with no running at all.  2 massages helped and it was good that I had managed to get in about 3 or 4 20+ mile runs prior to the injury (which you have).  Rest up for a few weeks, don't lose heart and you'll be right as rain; maybe a slight adjustment to predicted time but who cares about that - it's the achievement of completing FLM that counts!
  • Kwaka, sorry should have added one of those image, then I might have avoided one of those image

best of luck with the recuperation, take it easy

• (Daz here)

Dunmail-Bowfell-Langdale went spiffingly - 13 Miles in 6 hours - 4-6 inches snow most of the way, about 18inches on the higher reaches of BowFell - ran out of food, crippled with cramp, dead on feet at end... probably my fave day out ever! imageimage

J8 - hopefully the summit of Sergeant Man won't look quite like this on June 20th:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9-qtLXmScPU/SbGlRjH8PbI/AAAAAAAAAHY/XRGIbMJbCe8/s320/DSCF1095.jpg

• ES

you missed me off the Trimpell list, but thats ok, i am new around here!

• PPP - yes, apologies for that - even when running today we reeled off the list and you were included.  I also missed M off the original list too!  Will keep you updated on the car situation during the week.
  • no probs ES

i can offer my services as a driver if required. However, be warned that i will probably be relegated to using the aging Seat Arosa, which struggles to reach a steady 65 and the bearings are going.

still, i did treat it to a £9.50 mini valet at half term so its cleaner than normal.
  • Daz - hope june is a little warmer, but 6 hours 15 miles, was it hillyimage
  • Isaac - your point being?
  • Daz--Good work!!!

Kwaka--Get well soon!

I will be away until Thurs/Fri so will leave Trimpell arrangements to you all. Piss up, brewery etc etc! image Good luck!!

**Trimpell Logistics**

Entrants

Eric
    GBM
    Jonah
    Isaac
    FOAR
    SARQ
    JMC
    Simon H
    Mr S
    TB
    UB
    M
    PPP

• (Daz here)

TST - BG schedule for the 10M from Dunmail to Bowfell is about 3:30
    if you subtract the 20mins we spent faffing about in the mist looking for Calf Crag, the numerous stops for photos and the hour getting down off Bowfell, we were on the move for about 4:15 which, actually, I am very pleased with considering the conditions image

and yes, it was a bit hilly (about 4300ft ascent)

• GBM - we are using your car, if you can leave the keys out, full tank of fuel and give it a clean that would be great - you are going in JMCs van.
  • Trimpell

Suggested car sharing below.  If anyone has a problem sharing with anyone and wants a transfer to another car then feel free to amend.  Have I missed anyone?

Car 1

Mr S
    M
    Isaac
    Jonah

Car 2

Eric - driver.  Pick up UB at Strawberry Gardens 8.00am, FOAR at Gardeners at just after 8, PPP at 8.10 (let me know your address in Heaton Mersey)
    UB
    PPP
    FOAR

Car 3

GBM - driver
    SARQ
    Funk? TBA
    Simon H? Does anyone know what Simon is doing?
    TB? - Probably not going?

Car 4

JMC - if JMC is going with his family.  If JMC is going on his own then I suggest he either:
    a. goes in with GBM if 2 out of Funk, Simon H and TB are not going/have other plans.
    b. if more than 4 in GBM's car then all go in JMC's van.

• hi eric thanks, i can get to Strawberry Gardens Pub for 8 to save you the hassle? will make your life easier as it is out of the way.

so unless i hear otherwise, will see you there at eight with UB.

cheers
  • Cheers Eric - much appreciated.  Looks like there will be a good turnout of harriers at Trumpton on Sunday.
  • WITGB - Apologies but I probably won't make the quiz tomorrow night. This has nothing to do with County being at home (honest !)

For anyone who is going, I recommend swotting up on Irish brother and sister groups. This will improve your Corr strength...

• Just logged on and full marks to Eric, excellent organisation. I'll be at the track tonight.
  • SARQ--Oh yeah, bloody brilliant organisation from Eric 'i'm alright Jack' Seagull!!! SO!!! I'm possibly picking up people in Heaton Moor, Marple Bridge, High Lane, Romiley and Glossop!!! I'll set my alarm for about 3am! image

• GBM - isn't 3am leaving it a bit late?!  You did leave it to us to sort out and now you've been well and truly shafted!  Actually it might just be you and SARQ - we can sort out towards the end of the week.  What we need first of all is for Funk, JMC, TB and Simon H to let us know what they're doing.  We can swap passengers if need be.
  • Eric--If you've got a cousin in Cornwall who needs a lift then i can probably squeeze them in! image
  • So who's going to win between GBM and Eric in the Trimple 20 race (we need to have some race banter too)? I'm feeling a bit off clour already.
  • ES - we are already sat in Mr S's car and are swapping with nobody !

GBM - can you fit some of JMC's bikes in your boot and save us some seats in the club house at Trimpel - thanks.
  • Simon H here.  Finally decided on a Forum name for myself so I can join in the banter with you lot.. You can call me Si for short.

Thanks ES and GMB for sorting a lift out for me much appreciated.

GMB - I will drive to your house Sunday morning just tell me where and when?

• ES - Cheers! 8am at the Straw sounds good to me. I'm bringing the Longdendale flapjack (plus extra nut-free for GBM) so some may wish to swap seats.

Must remember to negotiate an overdraft for ice-cream at the clubhouse

• Si - welcome to the thread! 

GBM - just TB, Funk and JMC to make decisions for you now!

SARQ - I'm not racing Trimpell.  I am going to run it in a time between 2.13 and 2.14.

• Isaac--Lock the doors!! I will sort out the bikes once i've finished giving Erics car a valet.

Si Ronic--Brilliant name! Well worth the 3 year wait!! I'm going away until Thurs/Fri so will sort travel arrangements out when i return. (It's GBM by the way image)

UB--Due to the credit crunch The Trimpell Sports and Social Club have slashed the price of the Strawberry Ice Cream Cup to £90!!

Sorry to be boring but i'm looking to do Trimpell at marathon pace (6.50) so should be finishing in about 2.16ish. So it looks like Eric will beat me by a couple of minutes.

• Eric, 2.54 marathon pace, hopefully I'm fit enough to keep up.

• Welcome-Si

Swimmimng for me tonight with the boss.

Got a slight pain in my knee again,taking it easy for the rest of the week.

Eric- I'll try and tag along with you at that pace.

Last years splits

2.11.38    149 avg bpm.

Don't think I'll run it that fast this year so around 2.15 would be fine

Daz- Looking forward to getting up there,looks fantastic

• Jonah, that's a bit quick,  wise move....it's a 5k time trial tonightimage and I know you love 'em.