The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Removing myself from Chester as its the same day as our Reservoir Jogs race. Also added in our other races.

RACE LIST
    Thu 23 Jun - Warrington road Runners 10k - NI, PPP
    Fri 24 Jun - Tideswell FR, tst mgmt?
    Sat 25 Jun - Whaley Waltz - GBM, NI, mtbb, AM
    Sat 25 Jun - Chrome Hill - Daz
    Sun 26 Jun - Marathon du Mont Blanc - MH
    Wed 29 Jun - Hope Wakes - Daz
    Thu 30 Jun - Sizzler - NI, mtbb, GBM, PPP
    Wed 06 Jul - Cat & Fiddle Down & Up Relay - Daz
    Wed 06 Jul - Offerton 10k - NI
    Sat 09 Jul - Wasdale - Daz
    Thu 14 Jul - Sizzler - NI, mtbb, PPP, GBM, AM
    Wed 20 Jul - Shining Tor - GBM
    Wed 20 Jul - Sefton Park 5 - NI
    Sat 23 Jul - Snowdon - Daz, RC?
    Sun 24 Jul - Boundry Breeze tri - SARQ
    Wed 27 Jul - Macc Forest 5 - GBM, mtbb, Daz
    Wed 27 Jul - Millbrook Moster - Kwaka
    Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, MH
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sun 21 Aug - Dorset Doddle - Daz, mort
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - anyone?
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric, FOAR
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- J8, Mr S
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably)
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka
  • PPP - yeah, just got lots family commitments that are clashing with races. Thanks fo asking
  • Funk - priorities!

PPP - was that a biology field trip then?

• Next time a child mentions they don't feel well 3 times I think i may send them home - before they throw up all over my classroom carpet! The joys of teaching 7 year olds!
  • Minnie - how many weeks left. Told Grace tonight her job was to give the teachers a hard time until she leaves. Maybe misplaced advice. Sorry in advance.
  • The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    TST-looked at  doing coaching a couple of years ago but other things got in the way, also being a very shy type of person, not sure if i could be forceful enough.image. We'll see what happens when Eric becomes the next chairman of SH. (16 days of not running)
  • TB - I have a shovel I cant stop digging with at times, you just have a spoon to stir things with. Does size matter?

Eric - be your own man, dont let him get to you.

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Minnie- I have problems at the other end of the age scale. My mother (80 this year) has decided that despite the weather she wants us to hire bikes (she hasn't cycled since the 80s) and spend the day on the High Peak and Tissington trails image

Mort-good on your mother, my dad's 87 and is still very active image

TST-i'm reliably informed that size does matter. There's nothing wrong in digging, it's knowing when to stop. The only thing i've stirred recently is a cup of tea, it's healthy to have an enquiring mind, what 's on your mind? Btw, i think Eric would make an excellent Chairman in the future, providing there is one for SH.(i'm not counting, but it's 17 days of not running). How's the ankle?

• Tb--If your dad is still active at 87 then why haven't you run in 17 days? Were you adopted and if so did your parents regret it? image
  • Reminder re cricket tickets for Friday 1st July as we will probably book on line in next day or two.

£13 in advance although you can pay on the gate for £18.

Myself, GBM,NI & MTBB so far. 

GBM-good morning,  err, walking up in the hills most evenings, decided to jog down a couple of weeks ago, got a dull pain above the ankle, inside of the leg, going into the calf, think i've strained/torn a ligament, it's probably an age thing, i'll ask TST, he knows about old age problems, although he may be busy with his spoon image. Must be nearly the time for a summing up, trouble is there's nothing interesting.
    cont. i was the model son, shy, modest etc. not unlike yourself.image
  • Jonah/Funk/GBM - I cant make it tonight I'm afraid, I did however do 10m this morning, of which 8 were on Middlewood, not quite as fast as if I'd been with you guys, but I did manage 3m at Sub7 pace ! It was early though, 7am, so thats my excuse ! - be warned - it's very wet and muddy !!

Are you meeting Sunday ?
  • TB and anyone else - I was at the track last night and a kids coach did not materialise, so Maria Kay took them. If anyone wants to coach there are welcoming arms willing to pay for you at the track it seems. Not for me I could throttle some of them and that would do my police check no good.

TB - 17 days is not long, I went at least a month last year and is possibly no record. Sure mort has a pb in this, A strider who broke his ankle in January has not run yet and had to loose his money he paid for a place in MDS. How is that for a bad one?

• If any sub-3 attemptees are doing  marathon paced sessions then I'd be interested. I can generally plod out a long run on my own but I think you need support for anything faster or the pace tends to slip !

I generally can't make 5.30pm starts unfortunately.

DB-lightweight.image

TST-do you think SH has got worse? and i haven't had a CRB check, doesn't matter for Monday night's.

• Mort - shall we swap places?!

Any tips for my sore achilles? Sore when i run on rough stuff and when i prod it ( i know - don't prod!) - what stretches apart from on a step? I can only ever feel that in my calf!  

• FOAR- A bit late to change tonight but what is the earliest you can run on a Wednesday?.

DB - I'm doing 18- 20 on Sunday , the earlier the better for me.

• TB - Sh has changed, not got worse or better, just a change of characters. At least PP is not causing as much trouble lately. I generally think SH is made up of a few clubs, kids, senior monday and tuesday groups, sprinters. Jacksons lane. And the groups have no need of the others to function until help for track and field or S10, then no one knows anyone. It also seems to much power has ended up with Alan and Mike because no one offers to do a job so they end up doing it. From my very small view of the world that is what I think. Maybe SH needs someone shy and retiring like yourself to get it motivated.
    Lots of fast runners joining lately though so the quality at the top is not just Steve Vernon.
    Now look what you have made me do, I am wittering again
  • Jonah/DB - I'm up for a 22 miler on Sunday, early is good for me too.
  • Doing hill reps with striders tomorrow night, 7pm at navi car park, warm up to a road called portobello, think vernon park+ but longer. 2 mins up 3 down. Pub for a refreshing drink after.
  • My BG do - Sat 27th August - hope all can come!
  • Funk/GBM- Cheers for the run, another quality session 14 with 8 @ MP.

Got my London number today, 32711

• J8 - I wouldn't change any plans for me as I'm probably not up to speed at the moment anyway. It would be good to join in further down the line though as I could do with fitting some more marathon paced sessions into this training block. I'm sure I could negotiate an early finish at work if needs be image.

I think I'm still conscious that I didn't do enough marathon paced training before VLM but almost got away with it by doing my weekend long runs a bit faster than I probably should.

I also feel there is only one training group at my level now and this generally falls on the day when I feel least capable of doing it because of weekend long runs/races. The Tues/Thurs groups got very fast !

Dear Witterer-thank you for your observations which incidentically coincide with mine.image

FOAR-hope you don't mind me saying this but you are a very good runner, and probably all you need to do is tweak your training a bit to suit you.

• Erm, hello. What's this ??

I almost hope my London entry isn't successful now image

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Ooooooooh MTBB that is exciting!!!!!! image
  • Wow a marathon in Manchester, that looks interesting!