Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    London one week, Manchester the next, a nice double image.
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

yeah, that's going to make me want to run a road marathon, going past old trafford image

• Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    DTS-not sure you want to be doing a marathon before your next BG attempt.
  • Options
    Be nice to do this one again after a 30 year gap.
  • Options
    J8- and PB!

that is interesting, shame there isn't more of a gap between them, also a shame it doesnt go near the city centre but this is food for thought.

NI- are you running tonight?
  • Options

The North West is rapidly becoming a marathon hotbed

Chester, Liverpool and now Manchester being revived. A couple of years ago Nottingham was the nearest decent road marathon (I never bothered with Blackpool as it had a bad press).

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Keep your eye on this page for one of our runs which we hope will compliment the race. A 20m marathon paced run. (in the same way Trimple / Grindleford are for VLM & the South Cheshire 20 is for Edinburgh)
  • Options

even I might come out of marathon retirement for a bimble around altrincham. But it is along way.........

Minnie - bank holiday weekend?

• Options
    Read about the Manchester Marathon lurking here! am now in for my 1st (and possibly last at my age) marathon.... cheers....image
  • Options

TST - it is Bank Holiday weekend - thought every weekend was a holiday for you!!! I hope most sane threadites won't be going away on a BH weekend in all that traffic - much better to come to Chinley!

Can people let us know if the 27th Aug is good for M6's celebration and thank you do - we have spare beds and room in the garden if anyone wants to camp!

• Options

TST- That wasn't much of a retirement.

***Sunday run****

Meet at Rose Hill at half 8

16 miles on the MWW.

Welcome DeliH from a fellow Border Terrier owner.

Looks like it will be a London and Manchester double for me.

• Options

Minnie - B/Hol weekend is good for me.

Manchester Marathon - brilliant!  If I get a championship time at Chester I do London, if I don't I do Manchester.  Actually, I might just do Manchester anyway.

Jonah - see you on Sunday.

• Options
    Eric - cheers! You and Mrs S are welcome to stay seeing that you are first to reply - we have a nice king size bed for special guests!!
  • Options
    Minnie6--27th is good for me! image

Eric/Jonah8--See you Sunday.

Who else is up for the Whaley Waltz on Saturday afternoon followed by a few (or a lot of) beers in Whaley? Its a great race up to Windgather Rocks and back and you get to jump into a river near the end. image

Whaley Waltz list (so far)-

GBM
    NI
    AM
    MTBB
    DB
    Isaac
    PPP?
    FOAR (beer only)
  • Options

GBM - cheers - please feel free to stay over!

FOAR - M6 says you should do speedwork with his group on a Tuesday.

• Options
    GBM - would join you in Whaley this weekend but we are in Yorkshire this weekend.
  • Options

Minnie - 27th Aug is good for me! How many spare beds you got?

Anyone - I have a friend (female) who wants to join Stockport Harriers and is wondering which nights are best to train on. I'm aware of the mixed monday night group but I don't really know what groups there are at the track on the other nights and who she would be best speaking to. Can anyone enlighten me? She is a 3:48 marathon runner btw.

• Options
    Jonah/Eric - Half 8 ?! That's late !! Not fancy a bit earlier ? Having said that I probably won't do 22, as I did 21 today with BTB on MWW and the canal (and another drowing!) If it suits everyone to stick with 8.30 tho I should make it.
  • Options

Whaley Waltz list (so far)-

GBM
    NI
    AM
    MTBB
    DB
    Isaac
    PPP?
    FOAR (beer only)
    TST, marshalling on a carpark first, feel free to offer bribes for a good spot.

NI - you are known to be after a win at the weekend. I have been told there are to marshals in the park and along the river, Andy Pead is marshalling at the river so that is one less to compete with.

Minnie - checky, if you end up with guests in all your beds you can sleep at ours

• Options
    Thanks for the welcome, will have to adjust my training to get as far/good as you guys & gals, as for the border terrier.... he is crackers! Here is to upping the training
  • Options

DB - Blame GBM, he wanted  a lie in, but saying that, I could do with a one too.

GBM- Can't make the Whaley Waltz, I'm working Saturday.

• Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else remember when a run on Sunday was 9.oo start. If you start going earlier it wont be worth going to bed
  • Options
    TST--I agree, since when did meeting at 8.30 mean having a lie in?! I think DB is getting confused and thinks we are meeting at 8.30pm.

DB--Do 6 miles first? image
  • Options
    Would love to do Whaley Waltz but have stupidly double booked. Another race for next year.
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

mort - Well Done on finding that, it actually does look very tempting - all I need to do now is either tell Lady Slugge I'm going to New Hampshire for the weekend image or fork out to take the whole family with me image

• Options
    Mad-HatterMad-Hatter ✭✭✭
    Off to the mountains now - MMB starts 7.00am Sunday and I've just seen the weather forecast for the area - up to 32 degrees - arghhhhh

Hope everyone enjoys the Whaley Waltz - especially the dip at the end.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Daz- I actually did 18 miles this morning, half flat and half hilly so things are looking up for DD (and Guernsey for that matter) image

If anyone knows of a non-prize bothering female who wants a Lake Vrwnrywrynwrywrnywrny or whatever it is number they are welcome to mine as I didn't realise it starts at 1 o'clock and have to be at work for 4. image They are non-transferable.  Forgotten the date but it's the 2nd Sunday in September I think. I CBA to look it up!

Good luck Waltzers and Chromers and Mont Blancers and anyone else racing! 

Hello DelihH  and doggy! image

• Options

Good luck to this weekend's racers.

Waltzers - don't forget to bring a change of underwear!!!

• Options

MH - All the best at Mont Blanc  image 

I'll be supporting at Whaley  tomorrow - no more fell races until after Chester because they are making my bad foot worse, so can look after belongings if necessary. Going to do a long run tonight from work (Most of Morrison's route with a backpack image)  in case the after race beer prevents me from getting up in time on Sunday.

I'm also tempted by VLM & Manchester double. I've already entered London but would also be good to experience the first Manchester race after such a long gap. 

M6's - I'm OK for the 27th and I'll share taxis with anyone who isn't staying over. Will aim to get down on a Tuesday and work on the speedier stuff. Not sure I will keep up though !