The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• What about the Titanic? 
  • TB - I am sure there are more than waltz that gives folk the chance of getting wet. I think some around the roaches do it but not at the end.
  • The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

TST-maybe i have done WW.image

AM-it sank,image, good photo of you at WW.

DTS-know Chrome Hill well, that is where i stormed past Minnie on the downhill, only for her to overtake me going up Chrome Hill, the top can be a bit tasty in windy weather.

• JS / GBM.  Matt doesn't want his beers, so before NI and I drink them do you want them?  I may be at track tomorrow and can bring them with me.
  • GBM - You're welcome to them...enjoy! image

NI-more like flippers, there was a similar out and back race highlighted a year or so ago in Canada, where there's a cut off time, simply because the tide comes in and you drown.image
  • Thanks for the racing tips, TB. I did try and stick with the first lady, but just couldnt do it. Possibly would have had more of a chance over a longer distance. You have to remember, I have only been running a couple of years, and dont have your many, many years of experience.
    SW-so, lots of room for improvement but you have to be careful at your ageimage, even in my advancing years, i only started 12 years ago and in that time probably been injured and not running for at least half of that, physio this morning, MRI scan hopefully in the next few weeks.
  • SW - don't flatter TB telling him how experienced he is. We already know, he has told us.

TB - what is the scan looking for, the volume control on your talking? image

TST-mocking the afflicked won't get you into heaven.
  • Bummer - missed the Platt Fields 10k on Sunday.  There were definitely individual and team prizes to be had looking at the results, even after running Whaley Waltz the day before.  (Although it was hot - as it was the last time I did that race.)  It obviously slipped under the radar as I don't see any forum names on the finishers list. 

Here are the results if anyone interested http://www.bbresults.com/

(Please not TST that I spell checked my post this time.)

• In fact the whole Manchester Parks Grand Prix series would have been winnable in most of our respective gender, age and team categories.
  • Weather permitting, I intend to have a run up Kinder on Thursday night if anyone wants to come along.

• is anyone other than NI doing the stockport Offy 10?

AM, JMC?

is it 3 laps out on to the roads and into the park and 3 x hills in the park?

Am- yeah same about the Platt fields, but to be fair it was really unbelievably hot on sunday morning.
  • Mad-HatterMad-Hatter ✭✭✭
    J8 - What time are you thinking of for Kinder on Thursday? I might be able to make it...
  • MH- Any time you want

M6/Mr S - I'll give you a bell tomorrow

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

nobody fancy a quick bob up & down Win Hill? free commemorative T-shirts to first 65 finishers... image

RACE LIST

Wed 29 Jun - Hope Wakes 65th Anniv. FR - Daz
    Thu 30 Jun - Sizzler - NI, mtbb, GBM, PPP
    Sun 3 Jul - Shifnal half, tst + mgmt, wedding anniversary race
    Wed 06 Jul - Cat & Fiddle Down & Up Relay - Daz
    Wed 06 Jul - Offerton 10k - NI
    Sat 09 Jul - Wasdale - Daz
    Thu 14 Jul - Sizzler - NI, mtbb, PPP, GBM, AM
    Sat 16 Jul - trig to track (1 mile downhill this year) - tst
    Wed 20 Jul - Shining Tor - GBM
    Wed 20 Jul - Sefton Park 5 - NI
    Thu 21 Jul - sheldon - tst
    Sat 23 Jul - Snowdon - Daz, RC?
    Sun 24 Jul - Boundry Breeze tri - SARQ
    Wed 27 Jul - Macc Forest 5 - GBM, mtbb, Daz
    Wed 27 Jul - Millbrook Moster - Kwaka
    Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, MH
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - teggs nose - tst
    Sun 21 Aug - Dorset Doddle - Daz, mort
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - anyone?
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric, FOAR
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- J8, Mr S
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably)
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• hope wakes or sizzler, such big decisions to be made. Could I do both and the half on sunday without dying, or should I consider tapering, why are there so many attractive events on in the summer.
  • PPP - the Hepworth Dryad Champion (as Tom is now calling himself) is doing Offerton 10k and I am too. He says it is three laps and hilly so really looking forward to it. Not. I will want to stop after one lap.
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

ppp - the offy 10 is 3 laps of the parks so you get to do the hill 3 times, but not on the road.

Anyone else available to marshal next Wed?
    FOAR
    MTBB
    Kwaka
    TST

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    TST is it your anniversary on sunday? Happy anniversary! great weekend for it image

MH - did you do MB and how was it?

Kwaka-there's not really been any mention on the thread for the Offy 10K, as there were a shed load of marshalls required last year, nearly one on every corner, is this now one of your races and will you have enough marshalls, also is it the same route as last year, if you're desperate for marshalls i should be ok. image

DTS-are you hoping to finish in the top 65? Remind me, is this the one that goes past a wood, turns right to Winhill and has that long, long fast downhill finish?

SW-wouldn't it be good, if Tom could call himself, the men's Offy10 champion and you the Ladies championimage

TST-wouldn't it be nice if you let your better half finish ahead of you, btw where is Shifnal?

NI-have you won a Sizzler?

• Will probably do Offy 10k

It is a bitch of a race, horrible hills and usually very hot and humid and always someone on the finish line telling me it is short. I never enjoy it when I'm running it but for some reason always end up running it again. Why is that? Why don't I just put my feet up at home. Weird!

Funk told me he is definitely doing it, Ady Nutter usually does it, AM won't be able to resist, should be a good turn out.

JMC-they're not referring to the raceimage

Sizzler, is that across grass or on tarmac?

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

TB - the route for Hope Wakes FR: http://www.hopefellrace.co.uk/the-route/

it was changed/extended a bit a couple of years ago - everyone seems to think it's a lot better now - actually goes to the summit of Win Hill which i don't think it used to

I predict I will finish 66th out of 131 starters imageimage

• KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Anyone else available to marshal next Wed?
    FOAR
    MTBB
    Kwaka
    TST
    Broker

• TB, they must have been speaking to his wife.

I think it is unlikely that I will run or marshall at Offy 10k.  I am soooo busy at work that I think I will have to put in a few late shifts, especially next week as that is when the project I am working on has to finish. 

• TB, yes would be good but more chance of winning euromillions lotto on Friday.