The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• I'm going to do my first BS reccy this Sunday afternoon. I'm just going to do the last short section back from Walker Barn as I'm not back doing long runs yet with having so many races. The plan is to get the train out to Macc then run out to Walker Barn and back to Hazel Grove.

Anyone want to come along? It'll probably be late afternoon-ish. Quite a bit of it should be on the road.

• GBM/MTBB/NI - I bought the cricket tickets online last night. I need to pick them on from the ticket office on the night because the e-ticketing didn't work.We can sort a meeting point out tomorrow if we are all still sizzling.

• Kwaka - I can't make the Offerton 10k, going away on Tuesday.

• FOAR - Do you want some money tomorrow too ?

• Kwaka - M6 is working Wednesday eves at the moment so won't be able to help at the Offy 10k and school is crap and vvvvv busy so no way i'll be able to help - unless we win the lottery then i'll be happy to help everyone!
  • minnie - or go on strike

Forget who asked, Shifnal is next to Telford. Besides Isle of Barra (which we did for our 25th) Shifnal is the only half this weekend

• MTBB - Friday is fine.

Have entered Manchester marathon so the double is on image.

• Mad-HatterMad-Hatter ✭✭✭
    Kwaka - stick me down to marshall next Wednesday. Might even be able to rope one of my lads in aswell

J8 - will confirm Kinder tomorrow - it's currently clashing with a trip to the Garden Centre of all places (vouchers worth a few quid that need spending, apparently!)

Clairster - Mont Blanc was fantastic. 6 hours 4 mins, 30 mins up on last year. There really ought to be a forum trip next year to Chamonix. It is such a great event.

Also all to note that there'll be a Mellor Show Race on Saturday 16th July at 12.00 noon. 4.5 miles, mainly off road, "undulating". £3 entries on the day from Mellor Sports Club.
  • MH - too many PB chacers on here. How far ahead do you need to apply and book accomodation
  • TST - no striking for me!
  • The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

Kwaka-called in to Sweatshop yesterday, spoke to Jason, he mentioned that if it wasn't for Kiwi stepping in and organising the Offy 10, there wouldn't have been a race, so well done, think you might need a few more marshalls, need a bit of moral blackmail.image

DTS-how did you get onimage. Hope FR used to be one of my fav. races, did it a couple of years ago not realising it had been altered to take in Winhill-painful as i'd not allowed for the extra climb.

SW-you need to do a few extra 800's.image

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Hope Wakes FR was absolutely superb image
    glorious sunny evening image , big turnout (about 250), race started by 1946 race winner Bob Randles
    fantastic route, sloping up to Wooler Knoll, sloping down through the woods towards Ladybower, steep climb up to Win Hill, then splendid run off back down to finish
    too many fast runnable bits to suit me (good one for NI & JS methinks) so doubt I came in the top half, but very enjoyable and would deffo do again image

• TB--If Kiwi had turned down our offer to organise the Offy 10k then we still would have done it. We just felt we had enough on our plate with the Stockport 10.

Kwaka--Count me in for marshalling.

Daz--Well done, i might do that one next year.
  • GBM - re O10K. That was my understanding also.

Nice one Daz.

• KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    That was my understanding too.

Marshals for next Wed?
    FOAR
    MTBB
    Kwaka
    TST
    Broker
    Mad Hatter
    TomS
    GBM

Quite confident that we'll have enough bodies now. Just one or two more people I need to confirm.

Pre-entry list is looking quite healthy this year. I think we could have a good turn out.
  • Daz - it was that downhill to the cat hotel below win hill that put me off, knee was aching already and that is one big down if I am thinking of the right place. Much better today, thanks for asking, flat is fine at the mo
  • DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

TST - that was my fave bit, I passed loads on the steep downhill, but there was a big long line of people queueing up to pass me on all the flatter sections image

• TST - You seem to have won a prize tonight. I took to the podium for you and gave a teary eyed acceptance speech. I am now in possession of a Ron Hill top for you. It felt good being a winner, although people did comment on how someone could look at least 30 years younger than their category image

• MTBB - good grief, I was pleased with my time, virtually the same as last year, so was not expecting a prize. I was unable to find the results and left as they were getting started and mucking about with the loud hailer.
    Hope you enjoyed being me, 30 years younger is a little optimistic.

After doing my 19.13 last night, got home and caught the end of the 5000 diamond league, Chepkok did sub13. How many times would I have been laped
    Good to see so many running well, and catching up with old faces, Sean from way back was running in a Salford vest which was a blast from the past.

• clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    MH - I soooo want to do it, we should all think of a forum outing image. My friend did it in about 8hrs. Was gonna do it this year, but then i decided to get married so all adventure trips out the window image. Next year I spy another birthday marathon in Chamonix not Telford image
  • Can't make Sundays run, too many things to do before I go away.

Doing 20 miles in the morning with Funk.

• The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    J8-what's the best time to catch you tonight and or tomorrow to collect the shield.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Clairster- Have a LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY day tomorrow!!!! image (((clairster&rich))) imageimageimage
  • TB- Not going out tonight, running early in the morning but there will be somebody in, I'll leave it in the hall .

• KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    All the best for tomorrow Clair.

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow TST & Mgmt.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Ooh yes- That as well!

But never mind all that- I have just found out some much more exciting news.........

New Mills is getting a Sainsburys!!!!    imageimage

• Kwaka - change of plan. I'll be long running tomorrow midday/early afternoon. Won't be at parkrun. How does that fit in ?

• MTBB - what not coming to parkrun, I was looking forward to getting my prize.

Mort - Sainsbury in NM, is it april 1 or july 1.

Clairster, Good weekend to get married, wimbledon final weekend easy to remember. Have great day it will be fantastic, just ignore those bits that don't go to plan.

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

TST- Clairster's ace at endurance challenges image

As soon as I hear of Waitrose moving into Buxworth I'll let you know. 

Oh and while we are on the subject, I went round the Buxworth 5 route yesterday. It's so pretty! I was even slower than usual as I kept getting distracted by the scenery and wonderful gardens image

• I didn't think you'd be there TST. I've changed my mind, I'll be there for no other reason than to give you your prize !