The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Is anybody still running on Sunday morning in the absence of Jonah ? I'm still game for a 7.30 start if it's a possibility ?

Eric - if you are running up then I shall join you at the traffic lights.
  • DB - unfortunately I can't make it because Mrs S has the City of Manchester 10k and she's leaving before 8.30.  I need to take Master S to school athletics for 10.30.  I'm definitely up for 22 next Sunday at 7.30 though.
  • DB - I am still running on Sunday. 7.30 is ok with me.
  • Mort - one of the lovely gardens you passed on your run definitely wasn't ours! Grass needs cutting and weeds need weeding!

Good luck Clairster!

• Thanks for the run earlier, great route, had a bit of everything.

DB/Mr S- I'll try and make it in the morning, I'll do the first 10 with you.

• Taking the dog and running from ours to Rose Hill at 5:30am image just so Mrs B gets a birthday lie-in. Might see some of you tomorrow at 7:30 at the car park on the way back.

imageCongratulations Clairster, hope you're having a fantastic day! Certainly got the weather for it image

• Mr S - I'll definitely be there. Unless you fancy 5.30 ? (Mad, but not that mad !!)

Jonah - are you running to the end and getting the bus back ?!
  • Was hoping you would turn round at 5 mile image

Bit cheeky so don't wait round for me, I'll do one from here then.

• Kwaka - You're right. The Mersey isn't exactly inspiring at the moment. You fancy a trip further afield ? 16 round Ladybower Reservoir instead or do you have to be back sooner rather than later. (Sarah doesn't need me back quick now !)
  • Mad-HatterMad-Hatter ✭✭✭
    Mont Blanc Marathon in Chamonix next June...

Entries open usually about October but I'll get notification in advance. It'll fill up by about February I guess. Entry fee is about £35 but for that you get a Salomon Tech Tee Shirt, drinks etc en route, unlimited free beer/wine/juice after the race, a free buffet ( which is great quality) and a free DVD. So I reckon it's the best value race there is (after the Stocky 10 of course)

Flights to Geneva cost about £100 return by Easy jet depending on when you book and accommodation is plentiful if you book early and covers every budget.

It's good to go out on the Friday and come back on the Monday as a minimum to make the most of the weekend.

When the DVD comes out for this year's race, I'll stick a link on here - you will be inspired I'm sure!

• Recently back from a University visit with my daughter (Bolton).  She is doing a sports science degree and they have a lab with all the VO2 max, blood lactate testing gear, running track, gait analysis, foot impact detectors, bio-mechanic moniroting etc.  I was itching to get on the stuff...if they need volunteers then I'm sure I could find a few!
  • Jonah - check with Mr S, but I'm happy to accommodate you joining us and turning around at 5m, perhaps we could then go along the canal for 5 each way or something
    ? See you in the morning if so.
  • The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

AM-with your WAVA, i'm pretty much convinced, you don't need any of that, i on the other hand, need all the help i can get.image

MTBB-that's not very flattering, in that your other half doesn't need you.image

DB-get to bed

• TB - it's only at your age you need to be in bed before 10 !!
  • AM - I volunteer to be a guinea pig. Just let me know where and when.

Off for BS reccy soon. Hope I don't get hopelessly lost! image

• DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Nexus - Good Luck! I'd've offered to come along, as I know the route pretty well, but I'd've been far too slow!

I had the day off work on Friday and did 7 hours out in Snowdonia (Carneddau, Glyder Fach & Tryfan) - glorious day and felt fit image
    looks like all systems go for my assault on the Wasdale cut-offs next week image

• Reccy went well - I was surprised just how much of it I remembered and I only went the wrong way twice! The first place was the same place just before Bollington that our group went wrong last year in the race. I also couldn't remember the name of the street (Trafalgar) that you turn down in Poynton so I ended up doing an extra loop round a housing estate!

I never realised how different our route is from the 'official' route on the BS website!

• Shifnal is a nice race, not too crowded, great organisation, good marshals. Hilly not like Buxton more like Macc, and hot, water every 2 miles. I managed 1.35 mgmt 2.02.
    Wava was 72% not as good as sizzler 78%,
  • Kwaka - I don't think you'd factored me into your helpers on Wednesday.  Good job because I've got the junior football club AGM and being Treasurer I need to be there.  Have fun, hope it goes well.
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Theres a list of marshals and the points I've put them at on the club house wall. I think we should be OK but still waiting confirmation off one or two people. If anyone is coming on the night and can help out let me know. Will be at teh track tonight all being well.
  • The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    Ellis Brigham have a one day sale of Salomon XA 3D Pro Ultra-half price £49
    RACE LIST

Wed 06 Jul - Cat & Fiddle Down & Up Relay - Daz
    Wed 06 Jul - Offerton 10k - NI
    Sat 09 Jul - Wasdale - Daz
    Thu 14 Jul - Sizzler - NI, mtbb, PPP, GBM, AM
    Sat 16 Jul - trig to track (1 mile downhill this year) - tst
    Wed 20 Jul - Shining Tor - GBM
    Wed 20 Jul - Sefton Park 5 - NI
    Thu 21 Jul - sheldon - tst
    Sat 23 Jul - Snowdon - Daz, RC?
    Sun 24 Jul - Boundry Breeze tri - SARQ
    Wed 27 Jul - Macc Forest 5 - GBM, mtbb, Daz
    Wed 27 Jul - Millbrook Moster - Kwaka
    Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, MH
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - teggs nose - tst
    Sun 21 Aug - Dorset Doddle - Daz, mort
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - anyone?
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric, FOAR
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- J8, Mr S
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably)
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Daz- I might be missing something, but isn't it "the Cat and Fiddle RELAY"??!

My relay partner is a fellow Fell Pony unknown to Wanna-Blista-ites (I'll be doing the Down leg)

you are actually allowed to turn up solo and be paired up on the night with other such oddments

and you're allowed to just run it all yourself

it's going to be a very relaxed/fun event methinks image

Details Here: http://noels-training.blogspot.com/p/relay.html

• Daughters school play on Wed so not available for Offy 10k (running or marshalling).

Quite chuffed that I have got a valid excuse not to have to run it, obviously gutted that I can't help out with marshalling.

Ran home from work last night and it was hot. Its quite good practice for learning to run with minimal effort but was pooped for the rest of the evening. I stop off at a shop at about half way to buy ice pops which makes the second half more tolerable.

• Planning on doing another section of the BS this Sunday morning. I'm thinking of doing Edale to Chelmorton then running into Buxton to get the train back. I reckon it should be about 19 miles total. It's a bit of a faff around with trains but if anyone fancies a nice long run in the hills instead of MWW let me know. I have maps now as well! image

Daz - good luck tomorrow.

• Kwaka--What time do you want me tomorrow?

Ni--Sorry can't make it, i'm running flat and long on Sunday morning.
  • I ran round Richmond Park last night and bumped into somebody wearing a Stockport 10 T Shirt.
  • morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    I reckon it was JMC getting lost on his way home from work.