Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options

ES / DB /J8 /Mr S/ JS - Thanks for the run. Enjoyed it even though it wasn't quite the route we intended !

My Garmin memory was full but I reckon I got at least 23 in.

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

did I say Wasdale was now my favourite race?
    I might have to promote Snowdon now!
    superb "Event" rather than just a race, with big atmosphere/support
    good weather also helped (superb views), plus the fact that I had a good run myself
    349th up (1:13) and an astonishing 37 minutes down image (293rd fastest descent) for 325th overall from 471 starters
    had to sprint up the spectator-lined finish straight to juuuust break my pre-race target of 1:50, clocking 1:49:52 image

• Options
    Daz - well done, and no blisters on the soles of your feet or cramped quads I guess. Was still the busiest first aid tent I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Daz- great stuff well done!

UB- good stuff, maybe mid august, mid week, early or late?

Am- er, that's fighting talk, I'll bring a cosh, just in case, although if me, ES and Jmc beat you, you might just want to keep running (er, then again, I don't think we'd intimidate many OAP's like you)

• Options

Another tri completed, stronger competition in this one, but a 2 min improvement on the swim, average bike and an 18.14 min 5k on legs that were totally mashed I thought was OK.
    2nd in age group (again). Went from 78 out of the water to 32 overall which was mainly due to the run.

May attempt the sizzler but AM, you won't need to worry about me passing you.

• Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

SARQ-well done, it seems to be the biking that's letting you down, have you considered getting a new bike. image

DTS- i think we're creating a monster.

• Options

SARQ - do you want to borrow the ducati. 2 mins improvement on the swim is big. I am surprised how quick I am on the run when everything my body is telling me that I am wrecked. Good result.

TB - if you are creating a monster, I have a good right leg, what are you donating?

SW - tell Tom I wish I had taken more notice when he took round the cown rocks a few years ago, good job I had a map with me, ended up at the picking stones instead of Matley moor. doh

• Options

Good result SARQ, 18:14 after swimming and cycling sounds pretty impressive to me.  I won't be Sizzling this week - trying to get a few hard weeks running in after a slack early summer.  Planning to do the final Sizzler and maybe the Urenco 5k on 24th August.  And maybe another go at a 10k after that. 

In London at the moment, heading off to the hotel now and then a few miles round Regents park.

• Options
    Sara- great result, well done!
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Snowdon highlight prog here:

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=499410345

no sign of me, but the battle between Andi Jones and Murray Strain is well worth watching

also at just after 7mins is a fantastic flythrough up the course image

ooh, just found subliminal glimspe of me at 13:23 crossing the start line just ahead of the guy that fell!

• Options

TST - will tell him.

DB - arse whooped as instructed!

• Options
    GBM - Happy Birthday image.
  • Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

FOAR-can't believe another year has gone.

GBM-welcome to the V50 clubimage.

DB-have a good week end, sorry i'm away.

TST-there's not much of me left, that's in good working order, i think i'll keep what little there is. I did a hilly walk on Sat. and then a 14 mile run on Middlewood on Sunday, only the last 3 miles ended in walking, totally F*cked, nice seeing SR and JS on my travels.

• Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

SW-did you do a race?

JS-sorry, didn't ask how you went on at Preston.

• Options

SARQ / Daz - well done!

• Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    well done Daz image - are you doing LTOB or Dovedale dipper next weekend? which would you recommend? how easy is it to get lost at Dovedale?
  • Options

TB - if you want company on a walk let me know, Sasha and me are up to walks now. I can always be your carer

Daz - have you seen this site fell races, are they all on your spreadsheet image

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

TST - yep, got all those image

hi clairster - I've got Borrowdale on 6th Aug. image
    Dovedale Dipper is a lovely event/route, they even put a few arrow signs along the way, so you shouldn't get lost
    LTOB is a bit more hardcore - further, bigger hills and cut-offs that are not gimmes - tremendous route though, I'd deffo do it again one year

GBM - feeling better for Macc Forest I hope?

• Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭

TST-thank you for the invite, erm, had my results back from the MRI scan, looks like i'll be doing a lot more walking, need to recuperate and then only short distances. I'll be looking at bettering my WAVA and beating AMimage. Re. the list of fell races, done quite a few of them, the Trunce series, it's the same route, no real prizes till the end, some very fast runners. Also, done the Totley series a few times, perhaps the best set of races in the fell running calendar.

DTS-good luck for Borrowdale, it's perhaps my favourite race of them all (5 times).

• Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    TST-forgot to ask, what's wrong with you? We'll sort out some walks when i'm back off my hols.
  • Options

TB - nothing wrong in particular, just lost the 'something to aim for' bit. Have a good hol. go to Greece you could buy an island

Clairster - are you dipping this weekend. If my knee feels ok after a couple more runs I might do a walk up the hills run. Do they do cakes?

• Options

I'm going to be reccying the first section of the BS this Saturday morning from the start area out to Edale then getting the train back. Not sure what time yet but probably going early (something to do with more drinking time at DB's!). If anyone wants to join me let me know.

• Options
    Daz--I'm still struggling to shake off the dreaded lurgy but its now 2 weeks without a run (apart from my 4 mile long run the other weekend)  so i must get going again. I will be at the Macc Forest 5 tonight but i will just take it easy and use it as the start of my new 10 week 'too little too late, its all going to go tits up again' Chester training planimage.
  • Options

Just entered the Chester marathon, pulled out of Berlin, too complicated.

Will have to re arrange my training plan but shouldn't be a problem.

Might even have a jog round the BS now.

NI - Might join you on Saturday, waiting on work first.

• Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    TST - dovedale dipper is next sun, 7th Aug..do you and Mgmt fancy it? am sure they do do cakes, it is LDWA after all. I can always make some flapjacks too. Would also be up for a walk/run in the hills this weekend if anyone else is around..i could also make flapjacks for this too image have missed the hills, what with having nothing to do but lie on beaches the past couple of weeks image
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Millbrook Monster for those not going to Macc tonight.

Tameside 10K entries are starting to take off. Think we must be up around the 50 mark already still with well over a month to go. Course was measured two weeks ago & we got the certificate last week. The first part of the course has a couple of small inclines but the run in from 6km should be quite quick, therefore potential for some pb's.  Nice views from the top of Harshead Pike for those pof you taking a more leisurely pace. Nice w/e for a Bullock Smithy / Tameside 10K double for the more insane ones.

• Options

Jonah - sorry about Berlin but great news about Bullock!  I have now decided to plan with my heart rather than my head and so I too am going to do Bullock.  It gives us 5 weeks before Chester and whilst Lake Vyrnwy might not happen with it being the week after Bullock, I should be fine for Chester - bring it on!!

SUNDAY RUN - 7.30am meet at Hazel Grove (snooker car park near to Bullock start).  Run to Castleton which is 20 miles and then on to Hope station (less than 2 from Castleton) for the 11.39am back to Marple.  It arrives back at Marple at 12.07pm.  Make your own way to Hazel Grove - maybe even leave your car at Marple station and get a lift with Jonah to Hazxel Grove or get a lift from Mrs S when we arrive back at Marple, to Hazel Grove???  Let's sort out over the next few days. 

RACE LIST

Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - MH
    Wed 03 Aug - Hailstorm Hill - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - Teggs Nose - tst, GBM?
    Sun 21 Aug - Dorset Doddle - Daz, mort
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Daz?, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz?
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz?
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz?
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Options
    ES - any idea where on the canal in furness you cross, and what time might you be there.
  • Options

Saturday run: Planning to set off from Devonshire Park at 7:20, run to Edale and get the 10:47 train back. The train back to Marple takes 20 minutes. I reckon that route should be about 17 miles so could run back to Hazel Grove after the train journey for a warm down / extra few miles.

Sorry ES, I don't think I'm going to want to get up early on Sunday!

Good luck to the Sizzlers tonight.

Did anyone race last night?

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭