The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Are we all sizzling tomorrow?
  • ...and is anybody Great Warford-ing on Sunday?
    or Eccles Pike-ing next Wednesday?

RACE LIST

Thu 11 Aug - Sizzler4 -
    Sun 14 Aug - Great Warford 10M -
    Wed 17 Aug - Eccles Pike -
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sun 28 Aug - Guernsey Marathon or part thereof- mort
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah, mort
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Daz - I shall be offering advice at eccles pike.

GBM - I shall do something at sale but I doubt it will be sizzling in this weather

Clairster - you said 6hr 25 min which is quick, or is it a typo?

What a day, little tst dodging earthquakes in Christchurch, bigger little tst dodging rocks on deansgate while in riot gear thankfully. Both say they are fine. So I have just laid turf in the rain. Not been a good day.

• TST - my friend and her family have been visiting liverpool and manchester these past few days - they were really enjoying it so extended their stay an extra night in manchester last night - now wish they hadn't - hotel right near piccadilly gardens. 
  • Was going to chance a cheeky run, second thoughts, 2 days off on the bounce might do me good.

My stomach is still bubbling anyway

Off to the Lakes on Saturday, hope it's cleared up by then.

• J8 - the rain or the rumbles?

Minnie - Barry T was more than a little concerned going home from the track last night.

• TST 6.25 officially, but 6.35 on my watch image glad the little TSTs are ok image
  • J8 - hope you are feeling better - see you Sat!
  • MTBB - well done on the PB, cant believe anyone could PB in that muggyness, think foxy PBed as well
  • TST - I did !  Officially by 9 seconds but I reckon it was more like 13 image. Well run everyone on what was a deceptively warm night. 
  • Foxy - they added 3 secs to my time as well, not that it made any difference dying at 3k was not a good run.

Have found another challenge. Welsh 3000s. Going to reccee some this weekend, could make for a tst level BG, if you know what I mean. Anyone fancy joining us?

• Good turn out by Stockport Harriers at the Sizzler last night.  It seemed that eveytime a winner was announced it went to one of us.  I guess we must have won more than half of the categories, and Jess Coulson set a new course record.  Bash appears to be getting back into shape too.

As for me I had employed a pacer to guide me round, but he was rubbish and I had to keep slowing down to match his pace.  I got fed up with about 800m to go and pushed on.  JMC, you are sacked!  PPP, where were you?  I'm sure you would have been a more reliable and faster pacer.

• In the lakes for a week, hopefully the weather will improve!
    J8 - see you Saturday for your navigation lesson!!

BG party on Sat. 27th hopefully you can all make it. 

• Good to see so many Harriers running well last night with a few PBs and a few near misses.

I got the best heckle ever whilst running home. A young lad politely informed me that I'm "not as fast as Usain Bolt mate!" image

M6 - I'll be there but I'll need some directions please! Maybe I should go and reccy the way to yours so I don't get lost on the day. Enjoy your time in the Lakes.

• Alfa - so after you overtook me for the first time, why didn't you just keep on going?

• Becasue I enjoyed overtaking you the first time and wanted to do it again.

Really, I thought that if I was close to you at the 4k mark that: a) I would beat you and b) I would be on schedule for a comfortable sub-17.

• Ni - easy to find mouse house, follw bullock to chinley churn/big stone, you can see their house from there, cream one on the opposite hill. Easy.
    Enjoy your restrianed p++= up pasta party tomorrow.
  • Is anyone doing a longish run Sat or Sun?

Alfa - I was suprised to see you at 3k and think that psyched me out. I am not sure how they got me as 17:13 as I was 10:16 for the first 3k (3:24 pace = sub 17) and then did a 3:26 and 3:30 so by my reckoning that is 17:08.

• JMC- my maths isn't great but don't you have a PHD?

I get those splits to 17:12?!

you might want to think about getting one of those pace bands in future and you might want to check some of your lab test results....

• Yes - I've just worked out my error.  Sub 17 is 10:12 for the first 3k so I was slow all the way round

• This weekend I failed to find the path to the top of crib goch,
    Does anyone know the best route avioding big scree fields and vertical climbs?
    Would anyone like to spend a day doing the horseshoe which looks like a good run?
  • Were you starting from Pen Y Pass?

You follow the main footpath for about 45 minutes. This then splits into the Miners path (Pyg route) which goes up the valley to the left and the Crib Goch route which goes up to the right. Don't see how you can miss it unless it is really foggy. It starts off quite steep (sort of vertical). It is an awesome walk but wouldn't see the point of running it. Did it with my kids about 2 months ago.

• Why !!!!

RACE LIST

Thu 11 Aug - Sizzler4 -
    Sun 14 Aug - Great Warford 10M -
    Wed 17 Aug - Eccles Pike -
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sun 28 Aug - Guernsey Marathon or part thereof- mort
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR, JMC
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah, mort, JMC
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Had a good week in Devon, taking the children down to my parents in Okehampton. The trip was greatly enhanced from a personal point of view after I found two v local fell races to take part in on the two saturdays, the first was the Great West Fell Race, a 5 miler up to Yes Torr, the high point of dartmoor (and the south), round a few torrs and aback down. Quite possbly the best 3 miles of running descent I have ever done, nothing two scary, but varied and exciting. Took a few bad lines on the ascent, but thoroughly enjoyed it, finishing 6th. I did a recce the night before, got lost and thought I may be spending the night on the Moor.

The second was the Sticklepath Horshoe, 9.6 miles, I really enjoyed a few good recces for this one and think it was a superb route, taking in belstone Torr and the heading into Dartmoor and looping back out for a really good descent off Cosdon Hill, to the end. Finished 3rd.

Definitely need to work on my strength for the climbs, but felt pretty good on the downhills.

Although I have spent a fair amount of time down there, I have never really run on the moors for some reason, but I found it great, fairly easy to navigate for someone clueless like me.
  • JMC = got the bottom of the climb but had no real confidence where to start on the more vertical stuff and ended up on a scree slope where mgmt decided it was not worth it.
  • **Sunday Bullock Smithy Reccie**

Planning on running from Earl Sterndale to Buxton (21 miles).  The public transport looks very poor - no trains and buses limited.  I'm going to get a lift there from Mrs S but I'll have the kids in the car so there's only space for one other.  Jonah has got in there first so the car's now full - sorry.

I suggest a 8.30/9.00am ish start.  Let me know if anyone is able to arrange to get a lift there to be able to join the two of us and we'll fix a definite time.

• ES / J8 - I would still like to join you but the earliest I'll be able to get to Earl Sterndale is around 10:30.

• Oops two posts where one would have done.

• Then again I've found a bus that gets to Buxton at 7:55 so could be in Earl Sterndale by around 8:30.

• ES - might be interested, but tricky getting back to my car from sterndale, not keen on the 'run back to get it' option