Options

Given up smoking

167891012»

Comments

• Options

besides "addiction" by definition means being "out of control"

Doesn't that suggest a lack of willpower, as the person is not able to remain in control ?
  • Options
    some would say yes and some would say not really DTS. For me the fact that you experience being out of control does not mean you "lack" anything other than control. Willpower does exist -we all have will and power to exercise it -not summat some have and others do not IMHO.
  • Options
    tell you what, all this bickering makes me what a fag... :)
  • Options
    lol lolly - have one of mine;O)
  • Options
    not really

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 5 hours, 44 minutes and 16 seconds (47 days). I have saved £375.54 by not smoking 1,417 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 22 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 30/06/2007 12:00
  • Options
    Oh Hoose - it IS you!
  • Options

Hello all,

The trip to Amsterdam ruined my 26 days of non smoking and i've struggling ever since. However, started again Monday morning and almost through day two now.

Have you managed to stay off the fags Spooky? and how about the Hoose?

Moo

• Options

bROTHER HOOSE AND MY STATS:

I have been quit for 2 Months, 4 Days, 4 hours, 47 minutes and 48 seconds (66 days). I have saved £526.28 by not smoking 1,985 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 21 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 30/06/2007 12image0

you were nearly there moo -anyhow you got yer sense back and off 'em now.

don't wait til in my position before you stop for good -just don't eh?

• Options

Good for you moo - that's the spirit - revolving door in action. Easier or tougher this time? Or just different?

My quit date is a bit hazy as i had quite a lot of lapses - they just got more minor and further apart to the point where i think i've gone long enough to call myself a non-smoker now.

Ran my first smoke-free interclub last week ... came second to last, but ran well for me so really beginning to see benefits. And, in case i needed further proof of merits of quitting, i picked up vile bug at said interclub and am currently hacking up unspeakable things. Better out than in.

Any more updates anyone?

• Options

I gave up nearly 6 years ago, had flu at the time and my throat was really painful, I bought a pack of nicorette lozengers to help but I didn't really need them.

I had attempted to give up many times and the difference this time was that I really wanted to give up so my mindset was right.

Anyone who gives up smoking needs to be aware of the changes that take place, my appetite is insatable and my metabolism has slowed right down and after years of trying to gain weight I put about 40lbs on initially.

When I smoked I used to cough up horrible phlegm stuff every morning, this has completely gone now and I also used to get the most horrendus flu at least once a year but since giving up smoking I haven't had so much as a cold.

I remember having a girlfriend that didn't like smoking so I used to nip off every now and then for a quick drag and come back in and try to convince here I wasn't having a crafty drag, now that I don't smoke I know just how ridiculous that was, if you smoke you stink of fags period, I think you would still stink of fags even if you had one in a wind tunnel.  

I am trying to get fit again after a few years off but already I can feel the difference and I should get  under 9 min miles very soon now which is encouraging especially as I'm a (very) old git.

I don't think I'll ever smoke again, just not interested and really wish I'd never started but thats peer pressure for you.

• Options

Hi guys! Like Chris, I don't think I'll ever smoke again and I feel silly that I ever did in the first place. Its good to hear that some of you are off the fags and those that are not are still plugging away. Those that are struggling need to keep at it because, trust me, the results are worth the effort.

I'm still struggling with the back and twisted it badly again about two weeks ago. It seems to go whenever I try to run 10km's or more. I've purchased a bike now (money saved from not smoking!!!), so hopefully I can build up my strength using that and reduce the stresses on feeble back. My aim is now to do the Reading Half Marathon next March.

• Options

This may well be my first post on here, I can't remember; either way, I am a long-time lurker.

Just wanted to offer some words of encouragement to anyone who is trying to give up smoking. I gave up 1 year ago this week - in that one year I have not smoked just over 14500 Marlboros and saved around £3900.

Anyone can go out there and give up the fags. It is like anything else in life; it may not be easy and it make take a few attempts, but you WILL get there if you want to. 

• Options

Hey, I have stopped now for nearly a month, it would of been impossible but I had the help of electronic cigarettes, got my first cloud start kit from cloud cig for Christmas and without it I couldn't of done it. 

• Options

Can you smoke spam as well ?

• Options
    ShedboyShedboy ✭✭✭

Christ me too stopped two months ago and now all i smoke is a usb stick...oh and heroin