Options

Mums Running Club

Comments

• Options
    Sonya - its hard to tell, mine see a couple of butterflies and that's it, they aren't that fussed after that. Also I think the only time there aren't lengthy queues are if you get there for opening time - 10am - not a problem in our house!
    I saw a friend midmorning and she said they queue was already at the 50 minute wait level!

CC - yes, we do have a season ticket, mine get upset if we don't go to the cafe!! Although the play area and greenhouse are always on our hit list too.

• Options
    ooh nothing from Caro since 9:30, could it b.... ? or is she just getting fed up posting that no baby yet? Tx
    k
  • Options

JT, must have been truly hideous.  Can't even start to imagine how people cope.

I know we all agreed that having husbands on here was a bad idea but Caro should have designated someone to keep us all updated image.  It's all very well making sure that M was taken care of if she went in, but what about us?!?

Mr TT back later tonight.  Thanks all for helping me get through this week.  You do make me laugh sometimes, loved JT's cheerleading earlier!  Maybe that's what got things happening!

• Options
    Signing off until back home tomorrow! Have stuffed my face with pizza and a movicol so should be ok in the morning!!!!! Just put kids to bed and hubby going to run me down to in-laws so I can get to hosp for 7.30. Also abandoned kids earlier for a little 5 miles so hit 40 miles for the wk!! now legs are needing a rest so I won't mind not running for at least 2 -3 days......
    JT -totally understand your reaction to empty room, I neve came home when my Archie was in ITU and managed the whole ordeal on autopilot!
    Good luck Caro!!!
  • Options
    Camlo - hope it all goes well, enjoy the opportunity to rest and put your feet up.  Hope everyone looks after you.  Shall be thinking of you.  Come back soon to tell us you are OK.  xxx
  • Options
    I can't even think too much about sad baby/children stories or I just end up a snivelling mess. I have absolutely no idea how people cope with losing their children, and I try not to think about it too much, or life suddenly seems so fragile. Certainly helps to put things in to perspective a bit though - maybe being 10 minutes slower than a pb isn't really all that awful!

Hmm, I reckon the baby has arrived or is on its way, but there's really no excuse for not updating Caro - Caro??! Having posted about the babies non-arrival daily I think we should be high on the list to be told when it does finally arrive! Hope it's all going ok, and I think it's safe to say we're all looking forward to hearing your news!
  • Options
    Hope it all goes ok Camlo!
  • Options

Ha ha, Caro, you don't need to apologise to us!!

It did highlight a weakness in your planning though, who is going to tell us all when you DO go in to hospital?  I'm pacing backwards and forwards here, wearing out my carpet already!  

• Options
    Ha ha ha Caro, but you're posting from a birthing pool, right???
  • Options

Of course!  I forgot about posting from your mobile!  Caro, just let us know from your hospital bed/pool once you have given birth.  Oh the wonders of modern technology.  

• Options

I reckon it'll be a quiet weekend on here this week.  CM, MM away.  CC, JT(?), Sonya, JG(?) have family visiting, Hoggle moving, Camlo in hospital, Caro WILL be in hospital, probably more that I missed.

Come on ladies, the rest of us need to make up for it!!

Actually, where is RB these days?  Hope we have not scared him away with some of our TMI conversations.

Also, hope Hegs still pops in occasionally, would love to  hear how she and her lovely boys are getting on, Hegs if you are out there, we miss you!

• Options
    I can read things on my blackberry but I tried to log in to RW the other day and I couldn't so not sure I'm gong to be able to post till I get home.

So tomorrow morning we are leaving home just after 8 to go to the hospital to be put on a monitor and check the baby, and presumably make a decision about things. So if I am silent tomorrow you know it's because I haven't come home.........I guess I can let you know on Facebook if I can't figure out RW.

Went for 2 more walks today, saw Matilda for the first time since Wed which was nice. She is now asleep in her own bed, so maybe that will guarantee a 3 am wake up call!! Hope not.........7 am would be ok!

My guts have been so so dodgy for the past several weeks, but especially since the sweep on Wed, which i know is another sign that things are happening, but it also has led to a rather sore bottom.......just to add to the fun!

Good luck camlo, you're op is definitely going to be done and dusted before this baby is born!
  • Options
    Ha ha Caro, famous last words!
  • Options

Turbo- i'll still be about!

Oh caro -ouchie to your poor bum , dislike. Get the sudocrem out!!! Hope you get a good sleep tonight, get those feet up. Yeah now M is there tonight your bound to go into established labour!

Oh Janie- that must have been so traumatic, cannot imagine.

Hoggle-hope the move goes smoothly for you.

Camlo- enjoy your movicol, mmmmmmm!!!!! Best of luck for the op, take care x

CC - hope your having a wee rest after your chaotic day and fit in your run tomorrow.

• Options

Looks like you and me it is then, RF!

Enjoy the rest of the evening (only 4.20 here so still at work)!

• Options
    I am about tho got my 17 miler and then swanky charity lunch do til 4pm.
  • Options
    I was just about to write "PUSH CARO PUSH" but have now refreshed the page and see Caro is still with us. Hello. I remember hubby laughing at me for posting on the pregnant mum's site just after my water's broke when I was about to have Anna - I'd had no warning signs she was coming and she arrived 3 and a half hours later!

Camio - all the best for tomorrow, hope it goes well and you don't go stir-crazy from not being able to run for a bit afterwards.

TT - I'll be around this weekend so you and RF won't be alone. PP has been very quiet lately too. Hope all our absentees are okay. I think about Hegs too and hope she's doing okay, would be lovely to hear from her again.

Les Mis was fab last night, great cast with some absolutely fabulous singers - just amazing really and fantastic seats in the stalls. Nice to go out for a grown up evening for a change.

We went to see The Muppets today - kids loved it (as did we) and they were all so well behaved, Anna quite happily sat there glued to the screen munching her way through a bag of popcorn. Singing chickens the best thing in it by far ...

Right, glass of red beckoning - have a good weekend all.
  • Options
    Oh, and nearly forgot - good luck with the move Hoggle.

x-posts with EF - enjoy your swanky boozy lunch, you are running before it right?
  • Options
    ChynahChynah ✭✭✭
    I;m still here too!
  • Options

Oooh, there are loads of us after all (maybe just not the REALLY chatty ones!).  Hi Karen, EF and Chynah. 

I'm supposed to be writing a break clause into an equipment lease but am really not finding the wording coming to me!  Heeelllppp!

• Options
    I'm here - no family this weekend and hubby struck down with the lurgy me and Soph have had, hopefully recovering but none of us up to much! Love the talk about Caro's cheek at not posting image Must have been lovely to see M again, it is hard when the new baby is arriving/has just arrived but hopefully she will love he/she just as much as you do.

Too many stories of poorly (or worse) children around at the moment, feel like I might just burst into tears any minute image !
  • Options
    JG, glad to see you are finally back on your feet after your horrible lurgy.  Yes, I'm feeling pretty sensitive to the sad  stories at the moment too.  image
  • Options
    Yes running b4. Tho weather forecast not gr8.
  • Options
    Can't do sad stories at all either, real or otherwise - am so soft since I've had kids can't even get through the second page of Goodbye Mog without brimming with tears and don't even get me started on the first 15 minutes of Up - impossible to watch without crying.
  • Options

snowing here image was gonna take M out in the trailer as a bit of crosstraining, grrrrrrr. Might still!!!!!

Oh EF enjoy your lunch & hope you fitted long run in ok!

Theatre sounded nice Karen.

Listening to a music channel and britneys greatest are on and its making me feel quite emotional!! Think its cos it reminds me of being younger!

Hope Caro doing ok image

• Options

Hi ladies

Not sure what the protocol is - can I join you?

My son Harry is 5 months old. I'm desperate to get back into some sort of running routine but its so hard! Either I've got no one to look after Harry while I go, or if I have, I'm that knackered I'd rather go to bed!! I've managed to build back up to about 3 miles but I really want to be doing more.

I did the London Marathon in 2008 and after that maintained fitness so I could do a half without too much bother if I wanted to. I had a place for VLM this year but have deferred till next year so one way or another I need to start putting some miles in soon.

How do you all do it? I was thinking about getting one of those jogging strollers but I'm so self conscious I think I'll just feel silly. I wish there was a club or something local but haven't been able to find anything. I'd be happy if I could find one other mum with a stroller that would come with me!

xx