Mums Running Club

Comments

• Snowy showers here. Rest day today and long run tomorrow .

Had a night oot with the lasses from work last night. It was Pat's brithday and she has terminal cancer so she is signed off. But lovely to spend time with her and we went back to hers after for a few drinks after. Got home at 2am. Emily got up just as I was goig to bed complaining of a sore head and then spewed over the kitchen floor. She hasn't been sick again but still has a head ache and a rash on her face so keeping a close eye on her.

Thinking about my cousin who is having brain surgery today to remove a benign tumour which is about the size of a golf ball.  We were close when we were younger, not so much now but still see each other at kids activities and family gatherings.She has 3 kids ages with some of mine. Such a worrying time.

Hoping for some uplifting baby news this weekend.

Welcome Christine. I have 6 kids ages from 11 to almost 4 year old twin boys. I ran with the twins in a double babyjogger and am a big fan of the silly o'clock run (I am out the house between 5.30-6am most days). Do you have a partner who can look after Harry? What about the gym/creche, treadmill is not my cup of tea but better than nothing. Go for it with the running buggy and don't worry a stuff about what people think. I get called crazy all the time and rather enjoy the title image

xpost Janie I wonder about Hegs too. Was anyone friends with her on FB?

• Welcome Christine, running strollers are a great way to get out when they are smaller, and you really shouldn't feel silly running. I have an almost 2 year old and used to run with one, people would always smile and wave. Around here people take their cats and dogs out in bike trailers and strollers though so I guess they are used to all sorts!!

Mr TT back safely last night, now we are sitting in bed waiting for Max to wake up. Can't wait to see his little face when he sees his daddy is home.

Snow? Again? Brrrr!
  • Well i braved 3 miles with M in the trailer & that was enough as on the return journey the wind was so strong I could hardly cycle and hail hitting my face. She fell asleep!!! Must have been warm enough & dry image. Then I did 20 mins on the crosstariner in the warm, dry garage & a few kettleweights and ball stuff!!! Then M woke up so perfect!!  12 miles planned for tomorrow.

Janie - its only lying a bit and is quite wet yukky snow!!!

CC- hope you have a nice stomp along the beach image

Welcome Christine. I have three girls aged 7,5 and 15 months and yes fitting in running can often be a challenge!!! I have a croozer trailer which can also be used as a jogger. Don't feel silly running with the buggy. I used to but now don't care!!! People here where I live ( remote glen) are used to seeing me running with/without the buggy and cycling with the trailer. Probably think I'm a bit nuts!!  Ha ha ha but think we all are on this forum!

The tiredness will eventually get less honest!

Need to get lunch for my self and the little lady as hubby in Inverness with the 2 bigger girls. C at stagecoach and he's taking R swimming. Just put log burner on, happy days.

• X-post with Lotte, hope Emily is ok. How sad about your work friend, great that you managed to have a laugh together. Also worrying about your cousin, hope all goes well.
    Thinking of Caro and Camlo and still pacing the room waiting for news.
  • RF, great effort.
    Christine, what part of the country do you live in? We are pretty widely spread around the country (and the world!!), it may be that you are close enough to one of us to meet up for a run. I think EF and MR met through the forum and run together sometimes.
  • Hi Christine, I have Sophie who is 3.5 and Nicholas who is 18 months. I didn't run much at all when they were both little for the very reasons you are stating, but I did get to the gym in the evening once I'd stopped bf. Now I tend to go out for a run on a Sunday and do gym or treadmill in the week.

Still waiting for news of Caro...hope all is well, and with Camlo too.
  • Welcome Christine. I also have 3 girls like RF, but mine are 8, 4 and 2. I work full time while hubby stays at home and does the childcare so have to try and fit my running in lunchtimes and at weekends. When I was on maternity leave I would have my kit on waiting for hubby to come home from work and would be out the door as soon as he got home. Always made sure I got my kit on much earlier than I needed so that I'd be ready to go and wouldn't then duck out of a run as would have felt stupid having got changed and then not actually doing a run.

Lotte - hope Emily is okay and the rest of your brood don't also get it.

TT - lovely that you've got Mr TT home again, have a great day.

I'm Mrs Stroppy today - not entirely sure why but I've been miserable all morning. Hoping a run might help so better get off here and get going ...

• yeah was wondering how caro & Camlo are getting on..................................ok i hope.

Oh Lotte-poor E. At least it was on the kitchen floor and not carpet! Worrying about your cousin also and nice that you got to spend some time with your friends, how sad one of them having terminal cancer.

Wow to home at 2am; I'm in bed at 9 these days. Party animal I am not!

Oh dear Karen, hope the run helps. It normally makes me feel a bit better for a while anyway!

Yay to Mr  TT being home.

Athletics on the TV...................

• ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Just popping in to see if any news from Caro.....

Lotte - hope E is OK and that the rest of you don't catch it.

Christine Welcome.  I have a boy wh has just turned 3 and a girl who is almost 2.  Like others I ran with a Babyjogger and a P&T Sport - go for it!   

• Yep - the run helped loads. Did hill reps for the first time in absolutely ages too and don't feel too bad for it.

Ooo, athletics on the telly, might have to check that out too.

• I hope they broke Caro's waters and told her she could labour in a pool. Fingers crossed!

Sorry for my short posts. Our Internet is playing up so I'm posting from my phone, which is a real pain. Just looking in periodically to see if there are any updates!
  • Sympathies JT. Instead of our trip to the mountains next week - for me to ski for the first time in 6 years - we're going for 4 nights self-catering in the Cotswolds, and two of those with the in-laws!
  • I always felt people only looked at me with admiration when I ran with the buggy Christine, so don't feel silly. I just ran with a Quinny buzz and it was fine, Camryn always fell asleep within 10mins + would cry when I went out running without taking her, she loved it. Tx
  • Update from Caro via FB!:

Well I can't post on RW so figured if I sent a couple of you a message then someone could copy it on to RW to stop the suspense!
    It's very tedious and not at all exciting though.
    Dropped M off this morning at our friends and were at the hospital by 9.15 hooked up to a monitor. All fine, then had an exam plus another sweep. Am now 6 cm but only contracting every 10 mins and barely feeling them still. MW was able to get whole hand in practically and feel all round baby's head. Head is not fully down on cervix and floating about a bit so they are worried that if my waters break the cord might come 1st and then occlude which is obviously an emergency.
    So it is not a straightforward case of breaking my waters as if they do that there is the risk of the cord prolapsing then I would have to have an emergency c section.
    So I am now on the antenatal ward and seriously bored. There are 2 others in our room, 1 looks about 15 and the other is on 5th baby, keeps having to have a nebuliser to help her breathing-followed by a trip outside to have a fag!
    Because they are worried about my waters I am not even allowed to leave the maternity area, so feel very confined.
    I am on a list to move to labour ward and have my waters broken by a consultant in a controlled environment, and then if the head moves down and I start to have more regular contractions within 2 hrs I will be allowed to go to the MW led birthing unit. However if things don't get going in 2 hrs then I will need syntocin, and then will have to stay on labour ward. At the moment there is no space on labour ward so it looks like it may be tomorrow now, unless things happen of their own accord...
    So anyway, I'll send this before I lose it. I can read on RW just not post.
    Hope Camlo is ok and everyone is having nice wk ends.
    Xx
  • Thanks JG. well it's not ideal for Caro but at least it sounds like babs will be out by tomorrow.

I did my 17miler in a gale. Well it felt like one. Then home for quick turnaround and out for charity do. And i won Chanel sunglasses in the raffle imageimageimage. On bus home now. Slightly tipsy eating haribo and drinking Pepsi. hic.
  • Boo to the confinement Caro but at least they aren't rushing into anything (like a c-section) without trying all the options.

Looks like carobaby will be here tomorrow though! How exciting. image

I am in Bristol at the moment. Decided to do their Parkrun this morning (rude not to) despite having a 10 mile race tomorrow. As that's called the Tough 10 I may have made a mistake - especially as the Bristol PR is essentially 2.5km up a big hill and then 2.5km back down again image Naturally I just took it easy (ho ho) but I am definitely feeling the effects. Oops.

Am excited about wearing my club vest for the first time tomorrow though image

Some great running being done today at some impressively early hours. Well done!

Hi Christine - I've got 2 boys - 3.5 & 1.5 - bought and used a baby jogger lOads with #1 not so with #2 - I tend to go for the 8pm runs once the boys are in bed!
  • He he EF - you know how to live image
  • Caro - what a pain. Poor you. I thought all this tardiness meant it was a boy but with all the awkwardness I think a girl now! Thinking of you xx
  • Very quick post as struggling to stay awake and not vomit!! Forgot my mobile clock was an hour fast so was up and dressed at 5.15.....doh! Got to hosp and told 3rd on the list but was moved to 1st as I have a latex issue. So went to theatre at 9 and was in recovery at 10.30. They couldn't do keyhole so have an incision. Asked for extra anti-emetic but still very nautious and was given tramadol as well so cannot stay awake for more then 20 mins at a time!
    Certainly not celebrating my race against carobaby!! cord prolapse was a risk when I had Tom and waters were controlled too but all ok. Am astounded that Caro has got to 6cm without too much pain, Keep going Caro!!
  • Nice to hear from Caro and Camlo. Poor you stuck there caro but as camlo said well done to getting to 6cm. One more night and then you will have that baby. Yeuch Camlo, tramadol really makes ya sicky. Shame u didn't get keyhole but hey ho what can you do. have a good sleep if thats at all possible in a noisy ward! Take care girls x

EF - haribo n pepsi, mmmmmmm yum and yay to winning sunnies, lucky girl! Well done on the run, fab.

TB - well done on the parkrun and best of luck for the tough 10- sounds hard!!!!

Janie- enjoy your night oot, yay!

• Good to hear from you Camlo and hope the nausea passes soon.

Just had first scream-free bath with N in about 3 weeks image Think he's just getting over his phase, I don't think we've done anything different really. I frantically started singing 5 little ducks when he first stood up and looked as though he might cry and it seemed to work. By the end he was chucking pots of water at Sophie (all the while standing up hanging onto the handle!) so fingers crossed we're on the up. He's been so sweet today, we were playing Jitterbugs (fishing-style game where you have to pick up ladybirds with spider fishing rods) and he wanted to join in and spent all afternoon practising and looking so delighted when he "caught" one! He's really "busy" a lot now, pottering about collecting things and storing them somewhere, very cute!

I've eaten an entire pack of Asda homemade cookies today (embarrassed smiley), oops! My excuse is that I'm feeling better...
  • Hope you aren't left bored for too long Caro - not great being stuck in hospital but at least they can keep an eye on you if it all suddenly gets going.

Camlo - hope you start feeling better soon.
  • JG - that sounds just like Camryn when she went throo her bath phobic stage. she would cling on2 side of bath as if she was afraid of drowning in it.

Caro - that's good that u r 6cm already without 2 much discomfort, hopefully baby will engage fully just b4 u reach 10cm + it'll all go smoothly and not 2 fast but not 2 slow. Tx
  • I find playing mahjong on my phone very addictive if ur bored and looking 4 something 2 do. Tx