Mums Running Club

Comments

• Lol TurboT, all fine in Lotteland, nice to be missed tho image Hope you can fit in a holiday soon, sounds like you really need one.

Just been really busy and you know how it is sometimes if you haven't had a chance to post then you miss more and more and everytime you come on it seems impossible to name check everyone so end up not having a chance. Feel like my only interesting news is running and with so many on the bench I didnt really want to harp on about it! Been blitzing the house the last couple of days. Boys bedroom is all finsihed now. Looks really good. Also busy with swimming club and athletics committe stuff at the moment so had a few meeting this week.

We have a long weekend so all kids home today. They are all full of a cold/ cough/ temperature lurgy. Not really ill, but not right. Our school of 100 pupils had 35 off yesterday. I have it too. Just a bit of a cough, headache and tired. Have been soaked in sweat the last couple of nights in bed. (Someone else said the same, Joh Maybe?) Had a rest day today as it has been blowing an absolute hoolie and I need a rest day sometime. Cut back week so only 16 to do tomorrow, will see how I feel. I know I have more to lose than gain at the moment with my half in 2 weeks tme.

Caro - all sounds a bit ouchie. Hope it heals well and anti bs help. Good to hear the doc was good.

MM - glad you had a positive interview. Fingers still crossed...

CM - boo to the back. Take it easy.

Joh - hope you feel better soon.

CC - hope hubby gets home without delay.

TallB - hope you find your mojo.

Clothes- Next, debenhams online and fatface. all done online as no clothes shops here!

Argh being shouted on, lost my train of thought now! Hope everyone has good weekends.

• glad you survived MM. i actually love having a house full of kids trashing the place image

lotte - ONLY 16 miles tomorrow????!!!

for those of you who are interested in our get together in June (weekend of 15th) the venue has changed because i discovered this http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-hotel-inspector/episodes/episode-6-252 about the place we were due to go to image

so, now we are planning to go here http://www.campinginbreconbeacons.co.uk/  Park Farm campsite, near Crickhowell in the Brecons. No on-site B&B but only 10 mins walk to Crickhowell.  There is camping / caravanning and I phoned and checked and they are fine with groups. So we are going for it.  I will send an invite via FB so those who are interested can let me know. i will get you all to book your own accommodation so that you are in control of when you come and go.  There will be walking / running / drinking and maybe even some eating image

• CM, wish we could come too in the summer but a bit far image

JT, I think I'm a little older than you but my friend's name is Wanda, an uncommon enough name that you will know if the same person!
  • I'm 41 JT, will be 42 this year.
  • The 'hotel inspector' went to school with me. She was about 6 yrs older though so we only overlapped for a couple of yrs. I am watching her new programme 'the fixer' now, normally in the middle of the night whilst feeding. How did I survive the last baby without an I pad??

CM we'll be in America that wk end I'm afraid, but hope you get a good turnout-looks fun!
  • We are there CM. Will book it up when I get a chance image...Haven't booked summer holiday yet, must get to that this weekend image...

Wine in hand, 3 kids in bed and £40 in my pocket from selling race number for this weekend and my energy gels. Fab!!

Hubbie home by 9pm as he caught the earlier train from paddington by running all the way. Thank god he can run!! image

I ran home from school chasing 4 boys, pushing Sophie in the buggy. It's only a few hundred metres but it didn't hurt. Is there hope????

Oh Lotte, hope you are OK. Better to abandon 16 than get really ill. It won't matter one jot as you have done such amazing training up till now. I was really ill with sick bug last feb before Reading (March) when I ran an amazing 1:26 when S was only 9 months old. I had to take several days off as had Norovirus thing and just could not keep a thing down for two days. Missed long run and tempo run but was fine obviously.

Might try to do my exercises now before hubbie turns up. I have become really CBA in the last week which is soooo unlike me, must keep up the exercises though as they are working.

• sooo much chatting! We're just back from the funeral and our holiday so have unpacked, sorted laundry, girls in bed, and we're soon to follow. Just wanted to quickly say..

CM - you always look fab in the pics you post on facebook. I think you're too harsh on yourself!

Caro - I had lots of stitches after Isabelle and also had some that 'popped', so did quite a lot of reading then. They don't ever re-stitch because the risk of infection is too high, and they just wouldn't heal that long after the tear/cut happening - a small window to suture apparently, before the surface layers just have to be left to heal from the inside out. I presume muscle layers are a bit different as they're deeper to start with, but think it's usually the superficial ones that are the problem. I definitely found that the discomfort got worse before it got better with the stitches - up to about a week was the worst as they felt like they started to heal and pull, and also then when you start to do more. Get as much time as you can off your feet and not sitting upright to keep the pressure off the area and encourage good blood flow - rubber rings also a no no apparently. Oh, and my iPad and kindle kept me sane whilst feeding (and still do now!!)

Apologies for not replying to all messages. Need to re-make our bed (cat puke on it when we got back - nice!) and then get into it. Long and emotional day, and I'm pleased in a way that it's over, but it was a good service and all the family were there which is always fun. Hate leaving the coffin in the churchyard though, just feels so so final - which I guess, of course, it is! Right, to bed for me and I'll be back in the morning.
  • Thanks vixo. Glad today wasn't too bad for you. I haven't been to a funeral for years, absolutely detest them but obviously part of life.

• TB, you are not saggy!! image

Lotte, hope you get well soon and can force yourself to miss/reduce your long run this weekend.

Hooray fro MM and CC's returning husbands- and presumably Chynah and Kinsey's?

MM, are you taking hubby on camping trip? Is everyone taking other halfs? I'd be coming on my own with the boys, which is fine, but may mean walking/running (/eating /drinking!) are difficult. Looks great though, and not too far from us.

Vixo, I'm glad the funeral went well.

Well I'm totally full of cold. And I'm starting to think trying to run London with S under 5 months old is a stupid idea image

• Not stupid, I am rather in awe and know I could never have considered it!! You may not Be as fast as you might have been last yr (if not pregnant) but you'll still be faster than most people.

Had a good night, he slept from 11.30 till 4.30! I woke briefly at 2.30 and thought I'll wake him and feed him, then before I knew it, it was 4.30, so then I woke him before my boobs exploded! Nipples are mullered but the engorgement has subsided and they now do deflate when he feeds which is good.

• Joh - don't worry about being on your own with the kids. There will be plenty of people to help! And plenty of non walkers and runners. If J will fit in a backpack we can get someone to carry him anyway!
  • MM - sounds like the interview went pretty well. Is it maternity cover? If so, might there be scope in the future for job sharing if she decides not to come back full time? If a pivot chart is an excel thing then that explains why I've never come across one - I only realised relatively recently that excel wasn't just a handy grid for putting numbers in!

Joh - I think you're mad for attempting the marathon, but then I think marathons are mad in general! We've had the same virus and my running has suffered. Have been feeling tired, achey, sinus-y etc for several weeks now, and Im sure it's being made worse by less than perfect sleep.

Am feeling exhausted this morning but am going to haul myself out for a run - without any goals other than just to do about 6 miles - as hubby is riding tomorrow so must take the chance today. He's off on Monday and Tuesday too so I should be able to get out again for something a bit more good quality then! First load of washing in - how can being away for 5 days generate so many dirty clothes? Also first tantrum of the day completed as Isabelle wanted to go swimming this morning and has been told no - we've been every day for the last 4 days so think we deserve a break!
  • I'm not sure if hubby will be with me either or indeed if I will stay over as Archie's catheter & bag may be a pain in a tent, Might just bring Tom, might come by myself and leave boys with daddy..... If the kids can't run then we can zip them all into a tent and go without them??
    Caro, glad things are settling! Ouch to chewed nips though.
    Joh, guess doing London is an experience rather than a race for you this yr so if you think it is worth the logistics then I'd go for it and enjoy it. I loved high fives off the kids on the route and taking time to actually say thank you as I swiped a handful of their sweets....
    Glad hubby's got home last night too.... Mine has just instigated a discussion about post operative poo'ing...... Of which of course I am an expert now.
    Sorted Archie's equipment out earlier and free'd up a drawer -yippee. Is it sad when grown women cry tears of joy over half a shelf and somewhere to put school uniform?

Thumb- thanks for advice, we taped it yesterday and told him to shout when he would normally suck, it's like having a pampered pooch when he yells and we all run with a hug!
    Viration plate- so let me just check, it may or may not work but rattles your teeth and makes your eyes blurry....... Hmmmm let me check eBay....
    Lovely weather here, good luck to all those able to escape the bench today.
  • Xpost Vixo - what do you mean excel is NOT just a grid of numbers?????
    Hope you manage to enjoy your run, very sensible to take it steady.
  • Vixo, so sorry to hear about funeral. I know just how you feel after MIL's funeral in October, its draining.

Yes maternity cover. The lass already has one kid and is due in 12 weeks with her next. She works full time, but 1-2 days from home. I assume she will come back full time again. So not sure tbh. As CM says I didn't embarrass myself and that is what I was most worried about.

Thanks for offer of pivot table help. They have an in house excel system for the quotations so decided not to do the test as they would have to train the person up on this anyway. Big relief.

Enjoy runs everyone. I have just swam 2k, so feel like I've done something at least, just about to do my dreaded exercises which I am starting to dread twice a day image. I am tempted to go to the village playing fields and try to run tomorrow morning before hubbie's race. Try 3 mins on, 1 min walk for 15 mins or something. What do you think? Pushing off the wall at swimming was fine, or do I leave another week to be sure?

We will all be going as CM knows hubbie now. No way I could cope with 3 kids in a tent by myself!! Not sure I could even get the thing up as it's huge.

Love the idea of zipping them all up in one tent and doing a runner. LOL!!!! image

You will need to adjust your expectations Joh but I am sure you'll get round. I know I wouldn't have contemplated a marathon last year when S was 9 months, but a half was fine. I stopped feeding at 7 months though and that will be thing that holds you back a bit, simply cos the milk is taking some of your energy reserves that you would need for the race.

Hubbie taken all 3 kids to football practice so home alone in peace image . Need to finish planting plan for client and then that job is finished and finish hubbie's books for VAT return and then going to take S for walk in sun this afternoon while boys at a party.

• CM - If it was in the school hols we would have fitted it in to our summer hols but unfortunately can't get away at that time. Sounds like it will be great.

Caro - that was good sleeping from the wee man. 

Joh - hang in there. You will be feeling better soon.

Vixo - glad the funeral was ok and that your weekend was a good as it could be given the circumstances.

CC - hope everything is going to plan.

Felt rubbish last night so went to bed really early. Dylan was up a few times really hot and complaining that he felt like he was going up and down like he was on a boat and couldn't get to sleep. In the end I gave him a seasickness tablet! Not sure if it would have done any good but it knocked him out anyway! He seems much better today. I set my alarm to go out for a run first thing. Woke up feeling ok just a bit of a sore throat so set of just to see how it felt and would have(would I?)binned it if not good. Anyway felt surprisingly good, kept the pace very easy (8.30s) and it was fine. SO 16 miles done. I even contemplated going further then told myself to stop being stupid and stick to the plan! Could have done without the torrential rain midway through mind you!

• xposts.

Vixo - enjoy your run.

Camlo - lol! That is how I felt about getting the kids room sorted. All afternoon yesterday I just had to keep goig back in to have a look and admire the tidyness and organisation. It won't last long!

MM - good swimming. What are your dreaded exercises? for your glutes I presume. 

• Yes gluts, quads, arms and lots of rolling and stretching, twice a day. Takes half an hour and still not done it s must go now before invasion occurs and hubbie off on bike. BUT have done books for VAT return!!
  • Thanks love. That looks nice but the extra for showers is a tad annoying isn't it? Its quite expensive too, will bear it in mind though as we had talked about Brittany.
  • Have discovered the source of my extreme pain down below- 1 innocuous looking haemorrhoid. I knew it was there and have been putting anusol on it for days to no avail, and today the pain has just suddenly got 100 times worse. Anyone ever had such a bad one before? And got any tips? Might have to send hubby to the pharmacist later. Typical the day after I see the dr. The stinging has eased considerably so thnk the antibiotic have kicked in as far as the stitches are concerned.

Good swimming MM. I was v impressed you had done 80 lengths and got home by 10am!