Mums Running Club

Comments

• I'm exempt on the basis of biology. My body refuses to get preg and now we have said not to store the frozen embryos there's no chance. Oh and I hate being pregnant. That's another reason. 

• Hope the medical appts go ok for Caro and Kinsey. X

• Had to laugh (sorry CM) re your FB post about cat. It reminded me of a defence I once received to a case I was pursuing for a nurse who was bitten on the neck and jaw by a dog when on a home visit. Plainly the injury was no laughing matter as she had terrible nerve damage but the defence was that the dog was depressed as she had recently lost her sister. I think I responded to say I don't give a toss - it's strict liability so pay up! 

• Hah, is that a bit like Jeremy Clarkson saying he was stressed because there was a possibility he had cancer which is why he punched someone!!!

I really didn't like my last pregnancy and the thought of massive boobs, heartburn, constipation and my fanny being turned inside out really does not appeal anymore!  Love my three but they make me feel so knackered some days too!!

Right, 10k is 10th May so am going to train like a demon for this week then do a normal week then a light week? How does that sound?!

• Yes....I did wonder whether that now gave me a license to punch someone whenever I felt like it!

• Ha ha caro image I was reading that quite in the daily mail (dare I confess that?) earlier today!
  •  I'd quite like another but someone else doesn't! Love pregnancy but the birth bit is scary image Not really that bothered either way though. also using Clue, Kinsey - it gets really confused by my dodgy cycles! I actually know when I'm ovulating now though, which is good image 

Going back to read becasue I have a brain like soup today.

• CC - so good to hear that you've got support, both physical and virtual. image To the bike ride - that is truly amazing! 

Vixo - sorry to hear you're not feeling so good about running. I think it comes with ultra training, I really do - the increased mileage does catch up with you sometimes, especially when you're under stress from other areas of your life. You've done the hard work now though, so I'd be tempted to scale it back a bit before your race. How long is it now? I honestly wouldn't worry about having not done enough - your body is an amazing machine that will keep going on the day as long as you keep the pace down and eat image If I can do an ultra, anyone can! 

I have a serious case of CBA about my next ultra, mind. I'm working on the assumption that I have already done a 38 mile training run for it so I am not going to thrash myself beforehandimage

• No more babies here either. Finances are the main reason also hubby not keen.

Suffering from CBA here too although I can't even decide what I can't be arsed doing!! Dentist this morning - more drain on my purse. Wish the rare times I have without any children were for something more fun!!!

Right going to do Pilates DVD so that I will have achieved 1 useful thing today before collecting M!
  • i think Brookie and Sonya will oblige with more forum babies? also don't think Vixo has ruled it out...i'm too old also. and too complicated anyway...

the cat is a PITA. he's obviously decided he's stressed about something. no idea what. he's spending less time than ever in the house now the weather is nice. even when i'm around at the weekend he comes in for food and then bogs off again. so i've invested in the feliway stuff, but if he's never in to inhale the stuff, what's the point?!

• what about PG3? i'm sure she could manage another image

• EF - not hobbling as much but had to walk up to a lecture theatre in another building today and back again - about a mile in total. and by the time i got back, i could feel it. it's still swollen; i've been icing (morning and night - can't do it during the day); and compressing. elevating is also impossible at work. i've found some very sore bits in my calf so did some massage and rollering on that on sunday and then yesterday it was so sore to touch that i couldn't face doing any more. but i'm stretching my calf.

don't think i'll be running any time soon. image

• but thanks for the reminder, EF. i have booked in to go and see the podiatrist again to get my orthotics checked. i'm not blaming the orthotics really since it was my own stupid fault for increasing mileage by about a gazillion percent, but it's been an age since i had them looked at so i need to get it done. booked in for a fortnight tomorrow after work image

• Ah we've all fallen for that old trick of just upping the miles. Good idea to get orthotics checked. 

I need to do some exercise tonight but another case of cba. I guess if I'm home sharp I could perhaps do an hour before kids do bath and bed. That would involve a 5pm departure though. Virtually unheard of. 

• Get your butt out of the door at 5:00 EF! JFDI!!

• I ran 4 miles at 6.30am......then spent a long time faffing on public transport as the central line was down and I needed to get to Barts.  Managed to get there via a bus and 2 tubes instead of my normal, easy 1 tube journey.

Swimming lesson time.

• Journey home was awful. Roadworks every way I turned. Exhausted. 

• No more babies here!!

Sorry, have been at work today and only just home and have some work to do tomorrow, but will definitely look into the blog option in the next few days.
  • for all I say no babies I was chatting to my friend at work today and we were agreeing that after all the stresses we have both had to have our kids one of us will no doubt end up pregnant unexpectedly at 43 just as we have our lives in some sort of order. To avoid that happening she is having her tubes tied at the same time as her section for no. 3 in a few weeks and (sorry folks) I am going to make Andy investigate the snip! 

• And I really shouldn't watch obem!

• I am one step ahead EF- hubby is on the waiting list!

• No babies here..... No way. Had to babysit last night and at one point had a lovely  baby sleeping on me but at no point did i think awww i want one. 

Yippee to snips and ties, pilates and 4 milers, orthotic check and cycle trackers (no point for me i only have the very occasional spotting). 

Boo to road works, CBA feelings, medical appts, niggles and stressed cat! 

Trying to get some swim coaching so i actually go forward when i do legs only and not backwards like monday night..... Have long swim session tonight but it is mainly drills and intervals not 1:1, the thought of leaving home at 7:45 and not getting home until 11pm is already making me feel tired but i have promised to drive so no backing out! 

• I was offered tubal ligation when I was having G - not yet! image I am hoping to talk B round in the next couple of years. I'm 37 in June so plenty of time image 

You are good, Camlo - i need some of your motivation! Should really have done a long run yesterday but I ended up sorting out my wardrobe - putting all of my winter clothes in the other wardrobe, getting rid of stuff I don't wear etc. had lots of fun but it took ages. Did a couple of miles in the sunshine though image

Right, best get on while G is asleep!

• tfktfk ✭✭✭

lay all clothes on bed. take mental picture. go for run. organise wardrobe whilst running in head. come back.  replace in memorised order. sorted.

maybe not ;-(

• Gynae asked me on Monday if I had any children (tick) and then if I was using any contraception......Um given that I am being treated for highly oestrogen responsive breast cancer and am on a drug that could cause fetal abnormalities I think you can safely assume the answer is yes!!

• i don't think you necessarily assume anything when you are dealing with the general public, caroimage

feeling a bit overwhelmed and anxious. more counselling with N tomorrow. i know i need to take action and not let it just degenerate into another session all about me and how i need to sort my guilt out. i know what i need to do with regards to the relationship. but it's hard to do...

• Hugs CM, here if you need to talk x

• Hope it's less stressful than expected CM. (())

• Haha TFK i do lots of report writing, problem solving, analysing kids behaviour etc when running. The problem is when i get home it all goes out of my head so the 'sorting' rarely results in actions. Nuro - hope you didnt put woolies too far away- weather is due to break again image 

Yippee to contraception!! 

Yiipppppeeeeee to having a friend swim beside me for a mile to confirm that my legs do indeed drag low in the water. No quick fix but at least i know why i am so slow.

CM - if you know what needs to be done then go for it.... But.... if you are not sure then perhaps asking for some time would be ok?