Mums Running Club

Comments

• i have just set up my wireless printer and printed a test photo.  i tell you - i am so clever image

actually it couldn't have been more straight forward. quite disappointing really - didn't need to do any configuration; the setup thing did it all for me!!

• gosh that does sound impressive.  me I just had to google "unlock blackberry bold keypad" as couldn't find the lock button.  That's cos it's not a button it's just an area of the top of the thing! 

Karen I meant to say boo to back to work though I'm sure it'll be fine when you get there!

• Karen - awesome 10k time! You're storming along. I also did the long run this morning, decided to ignore the scheduled 10k and did a 10 mile instead. Went very well considering I haven't done any running this week. 2 toilet stops though (must do more kegels...). Feeling as if i will manage the half marathon now, as long as i get my long runs done.
    Boo to going back to work, are you going back full time?
    I'm dreading going back, already considering extending my maternity leave to the full year, think its because I really don't like my boss and he won't be sympathetic to me needing to leave for nursery pickup, sick baby etc. He said to me before I left "you're going to be a lady of leisure for the next 9 months".

Forgotten previous page now....
    EF - enjoy your peak day image

JT- grrr to inlaws, luckily mine live a long way off so hubby has it a lot worse with my mum turning up the whole time to see her grandchild! Do they not tell you when they're going to go home?! Can't your hubby say something or will that just cause trouble.

CM- hope J enjoys sleeping in your new house (sans teeth brushing!)

Off to watch cr*p telly now. Maggie asleep in new cot in her own room for second night! Fingers crossed i sleep better this time and don't lie awake listening to her chatting, hubby turned volume off on monitor so I lay there watching the little light instead image
  • JT - try the guy in town - dodgy end of the high st.  he will order you in whatever you need and is q cheap. Not sure of the name of the shop - but he sells baby stuff and prams and things.  opposite one of the entrances to kingsway car park.  not very clear is it - but if you walk all the way down the high street past maskreys, he's not far from there (as if you are heading towards the police station from town).

yes, you probably did spot my house JT - i am two down from the shop on the corner of the main road. there are 3 properties all 'let' all clustered together at the end of this road, tho. walked into caerleon today with mum and it only took 10 mins, which is brill.  so when i have all my single girly nights out, i should be fine for staggering home from the pubs image

all going ok here - it took me longer to figure out how to set the time on the oven than it did to set up the wireless printer.  i got there in the end, but i did have to resort to the instruction manual (v badly translated from the German).  mum brought me the instructions for the cooker hood to start off with - err no!

• they are brilliant in there - and dirt cheap as well. and will order things in for you with no fuss.

• JT the loo isn't going to be a signal for me any time - I am hopeless as it is!  Slightly off puttingly the entire street is congregated in the house semi detached to us!  We were there for a bit earlier for an impromptu gathering - we normally have a street bbq last Sat before schools go back - and so now all I can think is what if they hear something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just watched rules of engagement on V+. Love that programme, I am such an American sitcom fan, it's so easy to watch.  and utterly hilarious.  and even better only 20 mins if you've recorded it and can ffwd through the adverts.

• I'm back, and I'm COLD!!! Going to have to get running to keep warm. image Not that I did any while I was away, mind, despite all my best intentions. Feel very well rested and motivated to get out now though (well, not *now*, it's a bit late!). Had the most fantastic time and miss it already. Some of you may have seen the FB pics I've been tagged in. Lots more on Ben's page if you can view them!

Bit tired to have taken in all of what's gone on while I've been away so will catch up properly soon once my brain is fully functional again. Must send big hugs to CM though for summoning up the strength to break free. What you're undertaking is amazing and I have every faith that you'll come out on top in the end. x

Bed for me!

• welcome home TB! drizzling here image
  • Finally got myself out for a run this morning and it took me 46 minutes to do 4 miles - aarrgghhh, stamina seems fine, I just don't have any power or speed or anything. I have never been this slllloooooowwww.
    Then again I have never been this random with training. I was hoping that I would just pop back to my 9 minute miles that I always did but taking this long a break has knackered that presumably.

CM - well done on getting everything set up in your new place - very organised!

Karen - thats a great time for 10k!

JT - that would drive me bonkers if the inlaws kept popping in - totally disrupts our schedule as ours never seem to remember when meal times are etc!
  • You guys have been wittering lots for a wk end!  No time to read back, am shattered after wedding last night, need a lie down before 2nd b day party at 3pm.  Birthday boys Mummy gave birth to new baby boy at 10am today, at home, and apparantly the party is still on!  Crazy?  Hmmmmmm.

Right, M is napping, time for me to do the same!

• CC - that sounds absolutely idyllic.  What a lovely way to spend a day.  Happy Anniversary for Wednesday.

Another wedding anniversary here - ours is today.  This time last year we were waking up in Vegas in a swanky hotel, one of us might have been just a little bit pregnant image and we were getting ready for our helicopter flight out over the Grand Canyon then on to a ranch in the middle of the Arizona desert to get married by pastor Jim.  Was good fun, can't believe it has been a whole year already.  Not sure what we will do.  Mr TT has just gone out for his usual Sunday morning game of golf so Max and I will probably pop out to the shops for a pootle round then come back to meet up for lunch.  Max is chatting away happily in his bouncer at the moment.  He has really taken to standing up in the last week or two, obviously needs to be supported still but he is very keen on being on his feet.

TB - welcome back, hope you had a great time in Orlando - you sure picked a hot couple of weeks!

Yesterday morning I took Max in the BJ to the fitness centre here (about 2 miles) to do a fitness class.  The ladies in the class all coo'ed over him and he was an absolute treasure, nodded off for a little while, then lay quietly just watching us all from under his blanket.  He only really fussed toward the end when the instructor was trying to teach us some dance moves and I'm sooo uncoordinated I wasn't unhappy to leave them to it and play with him for a minute.  He wanted to stand up then and was wiggling his hips to the music so maybe we have a bit of a dancer on our hands!

I can agree about the driving after a section.  No one here gave any firm amount of time not to drive, I felt fine and was probably driving within 3 weeks.

Karen, hope you have a good last day before you start back at work.  Are you going back full time?  Do you have any option to reduce to part time?  We run our own company so it is a bit different (effectively you are ALWAYS at work!) but Max goes in to nursery 3 days a week for 6 hours each day.  I find that great as he gets stimulation and spends time with other babies and it's good to have some time away from him but I always love picking him up.

Can't remember now if it was Sonya or Karen who had the photo session, sorry.  Have you had the photos back from that yet?  How do they look?  I have found a lady here who will do a session for $50 and you get the photos on a CD.  Sounds like good value to me, just need to see if I can see her portfolio to see if I like her work.

CM - must be so odd being in your house without the kids, yay to having them stay over tonight though.  Hope you all have a lovely  time and hope that (despite the inner pleasure it might give that they love being with you!) they are not too upset at having to go back to the 'marital home'.  I guess you'll go back with them - is your MIL still there?

Caro - have fun at the party!   Can't believe the Mum has had a baby today!  Hope she has cleaned up!

Recently found out that 2 of my university friends are pregnant, due within 2 weeks of each other.  One already has a 4 year old girl and the other has no kids yet.  I'm so excited for them both.  Iwantanotherbaby!  

• image - sorry that was an embarrassingly long post.
  • Happy anniversary TT! I remember on the pregnant runners club when you got married, can't believe it's been a year!
    And you want another baby already?! Are you trying? image

It was me who had the photo session. We have to go and see the photographer at her home to decide what we want to have and in what format, album, frames or all of them. I'm not meant to know the price as it was my birthday pressie but saw the price list online and is a small fortune for the digital rights. $50 sounds very reasonable!
    Heres a link to her blog where she's put a sneak peak of one of our photos, Maggie in her nappy. She took loads of us on the common which I'm really looking forward to seeing.

http://cristinabarton.co.uk/blog/

Exciting about Max wanting to stand! Not long til he's really on the move. Maggie has spent all day rolling, very exciting. She has been extra grumpy and sleeping more in the day too, thought it might be due to this new exercise tiring her out? Hope so anyway!

I've decided to book her into the gym creche next week to see if the professionals can deal with her separation anxiety or if they come and find me!
    CC- did you say you had a similar trouble leaving Scarlett at the creche? or was she older?
    Your day cycling and at the beach does sound idyllic, and very sleepy children by the end - perfect!

Carovet - please tell us if the mum did have the party after giving birth that morning, has she got loads of kids already so popping another one out wasn't a big deal or something?!

Enough wittering on from me image
  • Party was indeed on, whole house full.  New baby asleep in the basket for most of it - 5 hrs old!  Newest one I've ever seen apart from M.  It was no 2, and Mum's parents and sister organised most of the party.  Mum looked rather dazed for all of it.  It was a planned home birth, but sounds like it would have been an unplanned home birth if they'd been supposed to be going anywhere else.  Dad was holding the head and just as Mum did the last push the midwife turned up.  Mum's mum was downstairs entertaining birthday boy and keeping him out of the way, and mum's dad had got out to buy the paper!

No running for me today, still shattered.  It's amazing what one night out can do for you when you're so out of practice!

M was fine with my aunt and uncle and cousin.  As we left she was hysterical, with her face pressed to the window - to even get in the car I had to peel her off my leg.  But then after we left she was fine after a minute or 2, apart from at nhappy changes where she got a bit tearful and kept saying Mummy Daddy.  It's the 1st time she's been looked after overnight by anyone apart from my dad, and that's always been in our house, whereas this was their house, so she did well I think.

• Sonya, that picture is gorgeous, if the rest are anything like that, you'll have a brilliant set!!  Unfortunately not allowed to try for another yet until we get medical insurance covered image, hopefully will get that in place soon......
  • TT - another one already?! my my my!

had a great day today with the kids once i got them over here.  things with their father are so tense tho - i cannot breathe for it being a problem.  MIL has now gone back which is good in a way - except that now when i am over there in the evenings it will be absolutely free rein.  and i will get unadulterated grief i should imagine.

still, it is worth it, and it won't be forever. had a great afternoon - invited one of the boys round who will be in J's class and his mum came with his 5 month old brother also and we went to the park (which was a bit of an eye opener, as council estate and dad there swigging stella out of a can while his young boy gave J 'v signs' and kicked him openly). think we will probably not be going back there on a sunday afternoon again!!! i just hope J isn't too swayed by that element at school, because he is very easily led... the school is brilliant but the catchment area does include some right old streets.

both kids settled very easily here tonight -J couldn't wait for me to turn the light out!

sorry - me me me again. image 

• gosh caro - that is some going for a homebirth and 2nd birthday party. so is that 2 children with same birthday? i know a couple who have 2 kids born on same day.

i thought i did well when E was born to be playing train tracks with J about 90 mins after E was born - and he went to a birthday party that afternoon but i didn't go with him!!

sonya - your pic is beautiful.  maggie is gorgeous!

• Happy wedding anniversary TT - hope you and Mr TT managed to celebrate in the end.

Sonya - Just looked at that pic of Maggie, she is gorgeous and looks very happy and healthy!

Glad you are settling in to the new house CM, hope the kids had a good first night with you.

Looks like my days with a non-moving baby are numbered. Yesterday afternoon James started pushing himself backwards on our wooden floor. We looked at him and he was in a different place to where he was put down - bit of a shock! I think I'm safe if he's on the rug as its harder to slide, but as soon as he gets on the wooden floor he's off... Also means I'm going to have to keep the floor cleaner now!

Quick question - does anyone have any recommendations for a backpack carrier for babies? I've had a look online, but there seem to be loads with similar features, and it would be helpful to know if anyone has any first hand experience with a particular one. They are pretty expensive, so don't want to make a mistake.

Hope everyone had a good weekend
  • Hmm, think it might take me a few posts to catch up with everyone! Lots going on. Happy Anniversary to TT for the other day and CC for Weds. We had ours while we were on hols. Went out for a lovely meal at a swish restaurant and got some free champagne to boot (it was $130 for the meal, mind!). Did have some company of course, but JP was a very good boy. Generally speaking, he did behave himself on hols. I'm starting to notice a real improvement in his behaviour more and more now - he seems to be calming down a lot and doing what he's told. image Hopefully we're coming out of the terrible twos?!

At home today, having a bit of a catch up. JP isn't too well either - he was a bit hot this morning and has been much quieter than usual, but he's perked up now. Hopefully it won't come to anything much. Have got a bit of washing to do, fortunately not an entire holiday's worth as we had a washing machine and dryer in our condo. So nice to unpack clean clothes instead of dirty ones! Going to go for a run later when Ben gets in from work, as I'm still a bit upside down and can't get up in the mornings. image Managed to get up at 8am today, which was an improvement on 10am on Sunday!

Lotte - congrats on your 10K PB, that's awesome. I was just thinking, if you can travel, there is always the Wolverhampton Marathon on 5th Sept. I know that's a bit soon if you were planning on Oct, but it is still only £16 to enter and you can even enter the day before for £24. The course profile is flat as I understand so it could be PB country!

Caro - I can't do nights out now either without feeling totally shattered for the next few days! I can't believe that lady managed to host a birthday party on the same day as giving birth either - that is some going!

• TB - you will be straight out of the terrible twos and into the tiresome threes, then! but i know what you mean - somewhere between 2 and 2.5, J calmed down a lot and by 3 was certainly much more predictable and a lot less random with his behaviour.  he is now almost entirely predictable, which makes things easier.  as long as you know what to avoid, things are generally pretty calm.  and if you can't avoid it, at least you know what to expect.

both kids were angels last night - J must have woken up early as he said his sun clock took ages to come on (it was set for 7.30am so he must have woken up a while before that); and i heard E singing from about 7.15 so that wasn't too bad. neither at all distressed by waking up here; both tucked into a huge breakfast and the nanny has now taken them off to the zoo for the day leaving me to get on with my work...

i think i could get quite used to living here image

• KK - well done James! LOL at keeping the floor cleaner - that was one of my first thoughts when JP first started moving around! I was quite lucky in that respect because he was a late roller (about 7 months when he first managed it) but then he graduated very quickly onto crawling and was walking at 12 months. No ideas on the baby carrier I'm afraid - I had one of the slings but he got too heavy to use it before he could go forward facing or on my back!

JG - so sorry to hear about your feeding trouble with Nicholas. Great to hear he's gaining weight now. Feeding is such an emotive subject and one on which everyone seems to have an opinion... pi**ed me off, I have to say. So hard when you're feeling knackered and hormonal to think straight, but it sounds like you're on the right road now and you're doing brilliantly with the two of them. Hope Sophie is being good for you today!

Sonya - that pic is beautiful, what a stunner!

Minks - JP has been through clingy phases at nursery. He's fine atm in his current room, but he didn't like his last one as much and was quite difficult to leave on some mornings. As the others have said, it surely is something to do with the move, but if he's never really been happy there, then it might be good to look into the pre-school option.

• CM - haha, yes, we are starting to get some tiresome behaviour. Everything at the moment is 'why?' and if he doesn't want to do something now, instead of getting hysterical, he says, 'No Mummy, I'm ever so sorry, but I'm just playing/reading etc'. Very funny. Sounds like your two are very settled at your place - one in the eye for Mr Unreasonable! image
  • ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Kattykin - I have a Littlelife Freedom which we have used with Nate since he was about 5 months old - it's brilliant and very comfy.  Bought a Bushbaby Lite for Lexi which she went into at 16 weeks - I find it very comfy too but personnally don't think its as good as the Littlelife.

They are very expensive but it is worth looking on Ebay - I got the Bushbaby for under £30 and its like new. (John Lewis always have a few different ones in stock if you need to try some on/out)

• Kattykin- I use a back carrier quite a lot, however mine is at least 8yrs old and can't find it online. Called  Wild Rover and pretty basic but has a rainhood that clips on. I did find this site while looking for it and it has some fabulous bargains on back carriers, the Bay Weavers Expedition at £39.99 looks a lot like my back carrier but with good weather/rain protection added, has similar straps with lots of padding. A strap that fastens around your waist is an absolute must it takes all the weight off your back and makes carrier very easy and comfotable to carry.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay17A_83_10751_14563_filter_set_-1_14563_10001_14563?rw.cm=Google,PPC,baby+back+carrier&cm_mmc=Spannerworks-_-Google-_-Ad%20Words-_-baby%20back%20carrier&rw.cm=google,ppc,baby+back+carrier&OVMTC=Phrase&site=&creative=4750678363&OVKEY=baby%20back%20carrier

TT ;0)

• TB - we are in the fun fours now of course (trying to think of an adjective beginning with f that i could use with four - which wouldn't get me cazzed!!).

J has an answer for everything.  my mum asked me this morning how my back was, and i said 'still hurts', so J said 'well stop doing things that make it hurt then'. yes, if only it was that easy!!

• Very quickie - Nicholas has gained 5.5oz in the last 5 days image hooray.  Still got to wake him up every 3 hours if he hasn't demanded feed though till he reaches birthweight - prob another week at least. He's 9lbs 2.5oz now (9lbs 14oz at birth).

Caro - crazy woman giving birth at same time as party!!  Missed who she was - a friend of yours I assume?  I think I would have postponed the birthday...!

Sorry gotta fly, friends coming soon and I haven't had lunch yet.  Just got little man today and he's now fed and ready for nappy change...