Mums Running Club

Comments

• CM - brilliant, I love the way kids see things. If only life were so simple...

JG - yay, great news, he'll be back to birthweight in no time at all at that rate! image

Poor JP is currently flopped on the chair with a blanket on him, watching CBeebies. This is NOT normal at all, so I know he's poorly. Have just given him some more Calpol as he was burning up. Hope this is a shortlived lurg!

• KK, LOL at the cleaner floors.  Even more so since that never even crossed my mind that I recollect, just figured kids need dirt to develop their immune systems!!

Happy anniversary to each of you TB, TT and CC I think!

Louise is more predictable most of the time but she is very very obstinate.  We had a photoshoot yesterday ourselves, just one of the pixifoto ones within Mothercare but it was a family group portrait which we were having done to give to my parents for their ruby wedding anniv which was back in March.  Well firstly she refused to put on a dress and I was screaming at her like billy ho.  Then I did her hair all pretty and so she got a blanket and put it over her head messing it all up.  then she wouldn't leave without the blanket which I flatly refused to do because she would just have done the same again and anyway it was about 25 degrees outside!  So we got to mothercare and all was calm again and we were all posed for photo but everytime the woman went to click Lou buried her head in my dad or else did some sort of stupid tongue out.  I was going to throttle her but of course just like the hairdresser I had to keep my cool.  We had a quiet chat in which I threatened all sorts - no tea, no cake, no icecream forever, and promised things in equal measure - if you do this you'll get dinner, cake, icecream, charlie and lola for 2 hours on telly.  Nothing.  Eventually she needed a wee and Andy took her there and I don't know what was said but certainly it involved a balloon!  When she came back we changed the pose and she sat on granny's knee and at the right moment granny tickled her so that resulted in a big smile and hey presto.  We have about 15 shots and one which is purchasable.  All 3 strands of the family have had to buy the same one.  Grr.

Yesterday was still peak.  Today "high". thank gawd for that, we're on the wane.  Tomorrow surely will be low.  Did Jordan not once boast that she has sex every single day?  Does the woman not need to sleep?  I guess she probably doesn't need to be at a desk by 8.30!  Andy admitted he's going to buy a celebratory beer for tomorrow - cheeky!  Here's hoping it works though I think I am a little disappointed that the dates were entirely what I thought ie high and peak at 13 - 15 days of my cycle  even if my cycle has been a bit erratic so that it's not the case that we've just been way off on when we've been pretending to be rabbits previously.  Doc now says have to have been trying 18 months before will investigate so we have 4 more attempts including this one before they'll refer us. 

Think will head up to the shops though I am not sure I can face doing battle with the tourists.  actually i just remembered I was going to look into h&m to see if they had any cheap hol clothes.  still haven't got mine down from the attic but have bad feeling they won't fit anyway!

• ps poor JP, fingers crossed for a 24 hour bug - bound to happen after long flight and yay to Nicholas' weight gain!
  • ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

TB Poor JP - and snap!  Nate is burning and just flopped out accross my lap (not like him at all) means no nursery for him which means no running for me image

Yay for Nicholas' weight gain.

• woohoo JG image.  you are obviously doing something very right - that is brilliant!!

your story about Louise made me laugh EF. we also have obstinacy in large measure here. i am sure it is a good characteristic for the long run but it does make getting around certain situations very difficult.  we used to have to pre-warn jacob at just the right moment about things that were happening.  too soon and he couldn't wait (if it was something he wanted - like someone visiting etc); too late and he didn't want it (interrupted his play). now you can pre-warn him about someone coming but you have to be specific on time, otherwise he gets very upset, and he still has zero patience. 'come ON mummy. you are taking too long': i must hear that about 200 times a day!

• Welcome back JT. Sounds like you had a good holiday. Wolverhampton might have been good if I had known about it earlier. Doing the Great Scottish half on the 5th Sept.

Happy anniversary to those celebrating and hope the poorly babes are better soon.

We came home this morning after a couple of nights camping. Our first proper trip with the tent and it was even better than expected. Got the camping bug now!  Weather was great, kids were great and I have a too much sleep hangover after 2 nights of 10.30pm - 8am!I never go to bed that early or sleep that late! midnight - 5.30 is my norm! Some friends were there the first night which was nice sitting out drinking wine with them.  Sunday we did a long walk out to the northernmost tip of the Shetland mainland to the reamins of an old fishing station. Beautiful scenery. About 5 hilly miles altogether. The kids were stars and walked it really well, luckily there is a track so we could take the BJ for the twins - tough pushing though. Some pics on facebook if anyone is interested.

Packing up this morning the midges were evil so we picked the right day to come home. Only 2 more days of the holidays left boo hoo. And it is Reece's birthday on Wednesday too - haven't got him anything yet so it will be a mad dash to town tomorrow to sort that out and get kitted out with new school shoes for the older 4. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute! 

Off for a read back before taking the kids to their swimming lessons.

• Big hugs for the poorly boys and their Mums (()).  Hope they are back up and bouncing around soon.

CM - the kids have settled in so well, everything you did to prepare the house for them must have really helped (although I get the impression that just being with you would have been enough, especially as the atmosphere in your other house must be so strained).  When do you get them overnight again?

I'm so rubbish on FB, when the group was first set up I could see a list of everyone who was in the group but I can't find that again, anyone got any tips?

JG - that's some serious weight gain!  I know that birth weight seems to be the magic number the doctors all get excited about but surely that's not so important for such a BIG baby!  Well done though.

Well our anniversary wasn't quite what I would have planned but it was still nice.  I went shopping in the morning and my idea was that we would spend the afternoon in and around the pool then go across to the beach club and eat under the stars.....well, we had a massive thunderstorm in the afternoon with oodles of rain so neither of those were possible.  Max was a bit grumpy too so we didn't fancy sitting in a restaurant with him in case he wouldn't settle.  So it was a KFC drivethrough imageimage then a bottle of champagne back at home followed by a midnight swim.

Karen, hope your first day back has gone OK, hope you have been able to gently ease back into it (and show off photos of your gorgeous baby) and not been thrown back in at the deep end.

• CC - I'm keeping out of the sea here at the moment as people keep spotting sharks!!  image - hammerheads, tigers and I think there was mention of a great white - gulp!  Mr TT's body board has remained firmly in the garage for some time and I hope it stays there.
  • Just a quickie as I feel a bit of a fraud on this forum at the moment, not having run for 2 weeks tomorrow...

Well done JG on the feeding, brilliant news image

Sonya, the photo is lovely, Maggie is such a sweetie!

Welcome back Tatty

OMG CC, the photos of your beach look amazing!

CM, glad you had a nice first night with the kids, sounds like the calm they must be craving.

TT, your anniversary sounds really nice, even with the KFC!

Hope the sickly kiddies are on the mend soon.

Karen, hope work went ok, and that it wasn't too horrid and tiring.

Ugh, this afternoon I dealt with my first 3-day-coming poo. Truly grim, and soooo much!

Sorry to everyone I've missed, hope you're all well.
  • yum I love KFC.

The night we got engaged I had managed to book us to go to the theatre - we were on a trip to London.  So Andy proposed, I said "you're kidding" then realised he was serious so agreed.  We phoned his mum and my folks and then we went for a McDonalds cos we only had 20 mins til the theatre.  Chitty chitty bang bang!!  Afterwards we bought a takeout pizza and a bottle of moet!  We were also staying in the worst hotel you can imagine with twin beds where your bum touched the floor when you sat on them.  Hilarious.  Now we have a pizza and moet every September 11th cos yes the finishing touch was that we got engaged on the first anniversary of 9/11!

• Back carriers

Kattykin we have this one, it's fab.  We still use it lots, and took it to Switzerland and Majorca last yr.  We're going to a swiss wedding in Oct so prob will take it again.  We bought it direct from bushbaby, from their special offers page.  Think we paid slightly less for it as it was scuffed, well it's alot more scuffed now!

Viewed our loft today.  I don't really know what to think as it's still a building site so I find it imposs to picture how it will eventually look.  I really am not a 'project' type person, I find the whole thing stressful and just want it done.  Trying to choose a shower/loo/sink now, which I am hating, and then have to choose tiles as well.  In the bathroom shop this afternoon Matilda kept loudly saying 'Mummy LOO' and trying to undo my flies!  ho hum.

She had her nap on the study floor today as there is so much noise in the loft.   The stairs are going in next wk.........

CM - my friends two boys birthdays are 1 day apart.  Personally I think I'd rather the same day, but she really was keen that they had their own birthdays so I'm glad she got her wish.

Another friend had a baby girl today, and yet another friend had a boy last wk - placental abruption, flashing lights to hospital, emergency c section - and hey presto!  Only found out today.  She lost 2l of blood.  Eek.

Welcome back TB, how was Mickey?

• Caro - Mickey was very well and sends his regards! image Currently watching him on DVD - as we haven't had enough of Disney... JP had a nap from 4-6 and there was no way I was going to stop him with him being so poorly. He's much brighter now, but I found the thermometer before when he was burning up and his temp was 40C. image So bedtime may well be very late tonight because I want to get more Calpol down him before he goes to sleep. Hope Nate is better soon too, Chynah.

EF - we had photo meltdown here too the last time JP was meant to have his pic done at nursery. He point blank refused to go anywhere the photographer!! Hope all of your efforts pay off with the Clearblue thingie.

Lotte and CC - sounds like you both had lovely weekends along a similar theme! CC, hopefully the rest you're having atm will reinvigorate your legs and you'll come back to run even better. Lotte - good luck with the half on 5th Sept, I'm sure you'll smash another PB.

Sharks, yikes! In a tank, maybe!!

Have had a sad pet event today. My bunny (Miffy) was staying at my Mum's while we were away because she loves rabbits and has some already. She'd noticed that her eye was a bit watery just after we left and it didn't improve, so she took her to the vet last week. They started off thinking it was conjunctivitis, but it kept getting worse, to the extent that the eyeball had started to protrude. They did an X-ray today, and it turns out that her teeth were pressing on it and pushing it out. Truly awful. An option would've been to remove the eye and do the dental work, but the vet said it would be kinder to put her to sleep, and we agreed - there was no way I was going to put a rabbit through that. So I am sad. I found her when I was out running about 4 years ago - she'd been abandoned. I am consoling myself with the fact that she had a much better life with us than she would've had otherwise.

ON a positive note, I went for my first run in nearly 3 weeks tonight and felt really good. Well, apart from that burning feeling you get in your lungs when you haven't been for a while! I felt really light on my feet and raring to go. HM is in 8 weeks!!!!

• Caro - we let our plumber pick our bathroom in our old flat - not quite sure what my rationale was for that but it worked out fine for us!
  • Sorry about Miffy TB, and also about Ted JG - forgot to say that a few days ago.

Kinsey the hard part is just figuring out in my head what it's going to look like, and because it has a sloping roof that limits our options as well.

• Thanks Caro image it was sad even though he bugged the hell out of us.  Do you think a heart attack is the likely cause?  He was old...

TB - poor bunny, sounds like the best option.

Now Ralph, the other cat, has a half closed eye after getting in a scrap last night - I've got to somehow get a cat, baby and toddler to the vet in the morning image

• Just a quick post from me as only just got back from children's hosp with Archie. Routine stuff but came home with a 24hr blood pressure kit which inflates every 20 mins-he hates it!!

Went to up & running- FAB, looked at hubby with big eyes & he offered to cough up for both pairs of trainers I was dribbling over. He didn't realise they were £175 before discount, luckily she wopped a massive 25% off so got new inovate offroaders & saucony road jobbies for £131.

Trying to do a bit of swimming & biking & think I feel better for it!

Will read back & post more soon- hugs to those needing some & welcome back TB. Great news JG about the feeding & sending fertility charms to EF !!!  

• Hubby proposed in a restaurant in London after we'd spent the afternoon sliding down the slides in the Tate Modern that were one of their turbone hall art installations a few yrs ago.  We also met in the Tate Modern so I guess it was apt.

JG I guess it was probably the equivalent of an older person dying in their sleep.  I don't think it's a heart attack as such, more just an old, tired muscle giving up the ghost.  A nicer way to go than the dreaded trip to the vet, and what most pet owners wish for rather than having to make a decision.

See what eye is like in the morning, it may be alot better.  If it's still closed take him though as there could be a scratch.  I wouldn't mind a toddler a cute baby in my consult room - it's the annoying older kids I can't stand 'why this, why that, whay the other' are you really sticking that thermometer up its bottom etc etc. 

• putting off bedtime.....

Friend got engaged on a ski holiday.   She'd actually found the ring beforehand and her boyfriend told her he was looking after it for one of the other lads and not to say anything.  Needless to state she told quite a few of the other girls.  she then went in a huff cos she'd hoped it was for her so as her other half was trying to get down on one knee at top of mountain she skied off in a strop!!

• i met hubby on hols also - though obviously not as auspicious in my case! we met mountain biking in mexico - i haven't been mountain biking since though!!

more grief and hassle, and one of the neighbours is now spreading rumours about me that i am running off with another man. which i am actually NOT doing.  but he has obviously decided that i am and so is telling everyone.  not sure whether he has told hubby yet or whether hubby has yet to hear it.  either way i am not terribly happy...

• JT - ??? That's pretty funny!

I have left the bliddy phil and teds in the car and hubby has taken it to Bath so I am effectively trapped at home. Nightmare.
  • CC - hope the first day at school goes well for you all. Ours start back tomorrow.

CM - not what you need. Hope hubby has the sense to ignore it if he does hear...

Like the proposal/how we met stories. I was best friends with hubby's cousin so not very exciting how we met and I've know him since we were 10 (but didn't get together until I was 21). Actually this is a bit wierd but I went to my hubbys first wedding with my ex! (Marriage only lasted a year and them breaking up was nothing to do with me!!)! He proposed when we were out for a walk to clear the heads during a very drunken festival weekend so not very romantic either. Then we got married a month later!

I had a swimming club committee meeting last night so ran the 9.5 miles there (with trackies in backpack) and got a lift home. Then did 10 miles early this morning.  Off to town in a bit for the nightmare that is shoe shopping! At least it is a horrible dreich day so nothing better to do really!

• TB - soory to hear about Miffy.

Camlo - yay to the trainers. Nice hubby - you deserve a treat! Hope Archie is ok.

Caro - I find it hard to see how things are going to look too. Can you take a plan along to a bathroom fitters for a starting point and get some ideas.

Joh Bo - don't be silly!! Keep posting, when we are not able to run is when we need the support of the forum most!

• ChynahChynah ✭✭✭

Not very romantic here either - met MrC at work and didn't get engaged for 6 years.    I was showing hubby a  ring I liked in a rather posh jewellers and it fitted me perfectly and he said "if you like it you may as well have it then"  the woman in the shop said no one had ever proposed in there before!  Took us another 2-3 years to get around to getting married though.