Mums Running Club



  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    Mitchie Moo, when did you start to use cups for your two?  We got a sippy cup as part of our steriliser kit and Kit gets very excited when I give it to him.  It's the sort much like a bottle where they have to suck quite hard to get something out, and he does OK with it except he hasn't yet worked out that he needs to tip it up quite a bit to get the water out.  A lot usually ends up down his front!  Have also bought a more conventional spouted beaker but it's not a 'no spill' type so if he tips it upside down the water just floods out.  Any recommendations for a good first cup?

    AP, I won't pretend to you that the wedding wasn't stressful.  I enjoyed it, but felt that I couldn't fully relax and let my hair down because I had to be responsible for Kit.  In retrospect I'm a bit cross with hubby as a) it was MY brother's wedding and it might have been nice if I could have been the one with the hangover the next morning for a change, and b) he just got completely wasted without even considering what would happen if I did too, so I had no choice but to remain pretty sober.  I did have a headache for much of the next day but I think that was down to the sudden adrenaline slump and lack of sleep with hubby up and down being ill all night.  It's hard to socialise and relax when at the back of your mind you're worrying about where you're going to change your baby and how you're going to fit his feeds and naps around the service and speeches.  There were absolutely no baby changing facilities at the wedding venue - had to change Kit's nappy on the floor of the disabled toilet.  Luckily it was clean but not what I needed all dressed up!

    MM, how did you decide how much solids to give the boys and how quickly to increase them?  I'm following Gina Ford's weaning plan but Kit always finishes his solids completely so it's hard to know whether I'm giving him enough.  He sometimes takes a small top-up of milk but I'm not sure it's a good indication of whether he's still hungry or not as he sometimes doesn't seem overly keen on his milk.  Last night his 'dream feed' consisted of 3.5oz and he went through fine, but I expected him to be very hungry for his 7am bottle.  He eventually took 6.5oz but didn't seem that interested/hungry.  He's never been exactly desperate for his early morning feed, regardless of the amount he takes at his late feed.  He's never taken more than 7.5oz at a feed except for taking 8oz the other night at the late feed, which I put down more to habit than to necessity as he'd had a good 7oz plus solids at 6pm.  He loves the baby rice mixed with fruit and would probably take twice as much as I give him but am trying to follow the routine as laid out.  If I gave him more I'm sure he's eat it but just not sure he needs it if that makes sense?  I don't want to cut his milk out too quickly at this stage.  Weaning is actually more complicated than I'd first thought - on top of this I have to work out when to make the food less pureed, when to introduce finger food, and when to start using a cup instead of a bottle!

    Enjoy the breastfeeding/bottle feeding while you can - it's so much less complicated! 

  • Minks - it sounds pretty awful image I do hope my husband doesn't end up being ill because he's the one driving back to London the next day and I don't fancy having to hang about all day while he gets his act together! It does amaze me that we are often expected to change our babies in toilets...on the floor. I was in M&S yesterday and Hector was hungry so I asked the lad on the check-out if there was anywhere to feed him, and he said 'the toilet?'. People have funny ideas about what's acceptable.

    We went for his first immunisations yesterday evening; it was horrible. Poor little fella cried like I've never heard him cry before, real sobbing and his little eyes were looking right at me as if to say 'why did you do this to me mummy?' I was nearly in tears myself and almost walked out after the first injection! Luckily he calmed down fairly quickly and I held him on the walk home. He's being quite quiet today and wanting holding, but no fever at all. Off for his BCG tomorrow, the doctor did say it's not as bad.

  • The wake or not debate - it was up to hubbie to wake James to give him a 10.30 feed (expressed milk).  However, James hated being woken, Hubbie hated waking him, I was awake throughout.... the worst was when he didn't even try as 'he looked so peaceful'.  (Anyone who has expressed milk will understand... All that effort I went to just to have the milk left in the fridge....') so we gave up and by 2am I was quite happy to get up to give him a feed.  Feeding then suited me whilst a 10.30 feed killed me as I was too tired.  I think the 10.30pm feed is great and would certainly try it again although it did not work for James.

    Ella's Kitchen - I've used these when out and about.  Very handy, James loves the green one.  You just squeeze it straight onto the spoon so there is no need for bowls etc.  Also what is not eated can go into the fridge.  With jars etc, you need to use a separate bowl if it is a couple of meals worth.  Downside is you can not tell how much you have fed them as you can with a jar.

    AP Glad Hector was ok after his jabs.  It is much worse for you than for him!  Poor bloke in M & S - answering that probably wasn't in his training!  I guess you weren't that tempted by their feeding room then! 

  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    AP, sorry if I made the wedding experience out to be awful.  It wasn't - I just found it impossible to really relax and enjoy myself in the way I would do if I didn't have Kit to consider during the day and also the following day.  Hubby did get his act together sufficiently to drive home on Sunday - but only because my brother's new in-laws had a family get-together so we could all see the newlyweds off on their honeymoon, which didn't happen until 4pm.  I too have been surprised at the lack of baby facilities when out and about - I'm afraid that I just try to plan my outings around Kit's feeds and pray that he doesn't do a poo while I'm out!  Fortunately he usually poos during/after a feed so I haven't been caught out too often!

    The first vaccinations are awful; I remember being almost in tears too.  I think it's the way they look up at you full of trust while the nurse jams that needle into their little thighs - you just feel as though you're betraying them.  The nurse kept reassuring me that a few tears now was far preferable to a sick baby later on - she said she'd worked in various hospitals looking after some extremely ill babies and it was just heartbreaking.  I have to say that after the first injections it does get easier.  Kit was very quiet for the rest of the day after his first ones and just wanted to sleep - he also wanted lots of cuddles and he isn't generally a very cuddly baby (much to my disappointment as I love cuddling him!)

    Ploddingalong, thanks for recommendation re. Ella's Kitchen sachets.  Good point re. not knowing how much they've eaten though.  The Plum Baby ones look quite nice too. 

  • hello ladies and babies

    thanks for all your info and updates - you're all doing so very well - and isn't it fabulous to sound off on here - keep it up

    anyone know of anywhere to get scratch mittens? ones that stay on and are a bit longer than wrist length perhaps?

    little Jacob is now managing to pull them off and hence is stratching his eczema at night (just as various places are healing)


  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    Kit only took 3.5oz at 10:30pm tonight so hopefully we can drop the dream feed in another couple of days.  He's had 31.5oz of formula in total today as well as two lots of solids so we need to cut his milk down a bit before he turns into a fat bloater - he definitely looks chubbier although he's only gained 3oz in the last week.  He shouldn't need the dream feed now but it's just having the faith on our part to leave him and see what happens!  The last time I tried it he was 4 months and it threw his sleep pattern out completely - he woke every hour for about 3 nights and hubby and I were exhausted!

    Janie, it's so great when they start to become more alert and responsive, isn't it?  Kit has just discovered that he can scream which I have to say isn't so good!  Hubby says "No, Kit!" very sternly which he of course completely ignores and it just makes me giggle!  Kit seems to be a very happy and contented little chap though - he smiles at everyone and is always very alert and animated.  He refuses to roll from back to front though - think he just can't be bothered, as he easily rolls from front to back if we put him on his tummy.  He almost rolls from back to front when he's on the changing table and tries to reach the box of Pampers wipes behind his head - am going to have to be careful!

  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    GM, have you tried putting socks over his hands instead of scratch mitts? We never used scratch mitts although we did buy some, but a friend whose baby also has eczema uses socks which you can pull up to the elbows: much harder to get off!
  • Hello all,

    It's super chatty on here now, great! It was Hector's two-month birthday yesterday, blimey, where has that time gone?! 

    Minks - you didn't make it sound that bad, I suppose I'm just a bit aprehensive about this weekend myself. We had one of Hector's little friends (and his parents) around for dinner last night and he cried quite a bit (the fighting the sleep thing again) and I imagine he'll be equally unsettled by least the music and partying will drown out his wails!

    Did anyone else see the campaign for immunisation on the news this morning, fronted by Tony Robinson? How timely! He put it in such a way that it seems totally logical and necessary to have immunisations.

    Off we go for his BCG this afternoon. When you read the booklet, you realise this is just the start - it seems to go on until they leave school! 

  • Oh, and a baby-changing recommendation...We were at the NFT yesterday (not seeing a film unfortunately - anyone know of any parent and baby screenings?) and I used their baby changing facilities - very clean and spacious and there is a loo, so you can go yourself without having to leave your pram or baby with anyone.

    Hmmm, maybe I should start a review of changing/feeding facilities!  

  • I find Sainsbury's baby changing the best, currently - as well as Heston Services on Motorway ... both have an adult loo cubicle in baby changing room too.  Very spacious, lots of surfaces ... and even freebie nappies, wipes and paper towels (changing mat liners).

    Waitrose not good.  Tesco good (sometimes).  Marylebone Station good - once you can find guard to open it for you since it's kept locked.

    The worst are pubs - no space in cubicles even to put a baby mat down ... you'd be better off in the pub itself on the floor.

    Went to a 'Pottery Cafe' when Jacob was 6-months old ... with 3 other NCT mums and their babies ... lovely hand and foot prints on cups and plates ... but the baby changing facilities were non-existent ... just a cubicle loo.  So changing Jacob involved me perched on loo, him wriggling on the floor.  Particularly nasty nappy, me restraining Jacob, him wriggling and screaming, poo everywhere - me exhausted, was a nightmare for everyone.

    Thx Minks for socks-on-hands idea ... so simple, but so effective (hopefully, will try it tonight).


  • Louise is asleep just now, bliss!  Am braving the new mums group at 2pm though it always seems to be a gorgeous day on a thursday and I kind of resent being indoors.  wonder if I could suggest a walk?

    Janie, just on the 10.30 feed thing - for extra ammunition - we have been feeding Lou around then or actually more like 11pm but last night she fell asleep at 10 having been screaming earlier and so I had stuck her on my boob at 9.30.  we didn't wake her and so I ended up having to get up at both 3am and 6am.  Normally we have one awake time at 4 or 5 and that is her til about 8.  So I am never ever again skipping the top up feed.  I'm shattered today!  (I know I know, I'm lucky it's just been the one time!!)

    We have our immunisation invitation for 10 Sept.  Don't get BCG tho.  Don't think anyone gets it here now, not even the teenagers.  I still have my scar from 3rd year at school!

    yesterday we ventured into the centre of town, madness given festival still going on though it's a lot quieter now the fringe has finished.  It went OK!  Went to John lewis to feed her.  Their parent room is fab though naturally in true Claire style I created havoc.  Once again my bottle wouldn't fit into the warmer but I shoved it in.  Then put in the water to heat up the bottle and it overflowed cos the bottle was in so tight.  lou was screaming the place down all the while.  I then had a panic that maybe you weren't meant to use water with this particular heater - there were no instructions - so I tried to empty it after I had finished.  Of course it had practically no flex so I spilt it everywhere.  I am a walking catastrophe!

    Oh Oh sounds from downstairs.  better nash as I want to eat before she wakes!

  • cragchick - have good hols - do try to get some 'me time' and hope that hubby of yours in more 'hands-on'.

    My partner was useless on hols - gite in France - was just home-from-home (in gorg. location), and he had the gawl (sp?) to say how pleased he was to have managed to finish 2x books and I'd only gotten through half of one of mine!

    You lot with equal partners / hubbies who take on their kids in all aspects are so very lucky - praise them, + cherish them and rah rah for them.  Any tips pls pass on.


  • Goodness, this thread is so busy now I can't keep up!

    Minks a bit late, I increased by roughly the amounts gina recommends in the book. I roughly started with the 5 month schedule when the boys were 5.5 months, and then did the from 6 month, so took a wee while to get to chicken, but then my two have iron supplements so the iron thing wasn't an issue.

    I used the blooming marvellous cubes with lids, which take about 35ml, roughly two cubes worth, and I think I was giving them one of these each pretty quickly. I started mixing veggies after two weeks I think around their 6 month birthday. You can also do things like butternut squash and pear, which my two loved, but then they do love their fruit, sweet tooth like mummy!

    Trying to decide whether to have a naming day for the boys combined with their birthday, has anyone else had one of these. Hubbie doesn't want to get them christened, wants them to make up their own minds which is fair enough I think.

    Baby changing not too bad round here. My main issue is actually getting in the cubicles sometimes with the buggy. NT is worst their changing rooms have such narrow doors. M&S has great big disabled loo, with changing. Starbucks also really good.

  • P.S. Minks. I used a tommee tippee spouted cup to start with as soon as they started their solids. Yes it does go everywhere but it gets them used to it, big bib with arms required!

    They did a study at our health centre and that was top as easiest for babies. I progressed to anyway cup pretty recently as SIL recommended it.  Takes a wee while for them to get used to sucking out of it, but its great for now.

  • Hi girls

    I am enjoying reading your posts and looking forward to chatting more when my (third)baby is born (due November)..I know the NCT do some research into feeding/changing facilities - just had a supplement from our local newsletter might be worth looking into this in your area and AP I think it is a great idea to do some research on this! If we don't make a point and educate companies/staff things will never 'change' - excuse the pun!! Perhaps a few of us should write to some Head offices - I would think Waitrose might be receptive to changing things as John Lewis are so good. You never know!

    I  can recommend changing rooms of clothes shops as alternative places to feed/change babe - not perfect but has to be better than a toilet floor!

    See you in the Autumn girls -can't wait!


    PS Very envious of you back out running (hopeful too)...go for it!

  • Janie - your M&S sounds a bit like my Tesco. I had to complain to the manager recently because it's a feeding and changing room combined and it stank of pee, with the nappy bin overflowing. I wonder if the manager would like to eat his dinner in a public toilet...Our local Mothercare has the fabulous rocking chairs, but very grubby, although I did notice they were closed this week for a refurbishment.

    We went for the BCG yesterday and it was as horrible as the others - poor little chap howled and sobbed. The woman administering the injection had this 'scream and shout and wave your hands about' policy to suposedly distract the babies. Hector wasn't fooled.

    So, we're off for our friends' wedding later (stopping the night at my brother's on the way to break up the journey). Have a good weekend everyone, not sure if the weather is going to be kind to us.

    Take care

    A xx 

  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    Thanks for the weaning tips, MM.  I also have the Blooming Marvellous weaning cubes with lids, very useful.  They hold roughly two of Gina's 'cubes' each and I have been pretty much following what she suggests.  I started with the first week of the early weaning schedule as I began weaning Kit a couple of days before he reached 25 weeks, then moved straight to the six-month schedule this week, so we have gone a little more slowly than starting immediately with the six-month schedule.  Am just not sure whether I need to increase the amounts a bit more quickly.  Today, after 4oz of formula, I gave him 2 cubes of sweet potato mixed with 2 cubes of carrot, with a tiny bit of formula in to make it a bit more creamy.  He ate all of that then took another ounce of formula so 5 in total plus his solids.  According to Gina, for that amount of solids he should only have had 3-4oz of formula.  He definitely prefers the sweeter stuff too - pear puree is a big hit but I've been a meanie and combined his evening baby rice with courgette puree and just half a teaspoon of pear for the past couple of days as I noticed he was turning his nose up at the more savoury flavours.  However, I don't really see any problem with combining sweet and savoury in the same meal if it means they eat their veggies!

    I also have a Tommee Tippee spouted cup and tried him with that yesterday instead of the Avent one we were using.  He doesn't have to suck very hard for the water to come out.  I sat him on my lap with a bib on and helped him to drink as he hasn't quite got the hang of how far he needs to tip up the cup to get the water out: he either sucks and sucks and nothing happens, or tips it up so far it ends up all over him!  Carrot puree seems to get everywhere too - found it on his eyebrow and in his nose earlier; not quite sure how he got it there!  What's an Anyway cup?

    Kit has recently discovered his willy which makes nappy changing very interesting, especially if he's done a poo.  As soon as I undo his nappy he reaches for his willy and if his nappy's full of poo I have to try to keep his hands as well as his feet away from it until I've folded the nappy over and cleaned the poo off his willy.  Have tried giving him a toy to distract him while I change his nappy but he isn't fooled!

    Cragchick, hope you have a fab holiday and hubby pulls his weight.  Have to say (apart from the drunken episode at my brother's wedding) my hubby is great - in fact, I'm often accused of not allowing him to be as involved as he'd like in my usual control freak fashion.  Wouldn't let him make Kit's puree the other day which was a bit silly in retrospect as he's perfectly capable of pushing some sweet potato through a sieve!

    AP, hope the wedding goes well and you manage to relax and enjoy it.  I think it's a great idea to write to some head offices about the pathetic baby changing facilities in many stores.  I may get onto that!

    MM, I like the idea of a naming day.  We vaguely discussed having Kit christened but it seems to have fallen off the agenda for the moment.  It would probably mean us having to go to church for several weeks so that we don't look like complete hypocrites, but Sunday morning services don't fit around Kit's feed and nap times at the moment! 

  • GM  - We have tie on gloves for James we go them from

    I got some from their catalogue / website after someone on Runners World suggested it to me.  However they are not in their most recent catalogue so I phoned them up and they still have them in stock.  They are like tie on sacks.  I got size 2 so they would last for longer.  James has mastered the art of getting these off too now.  They are expensive but worth it if they work.

    I think tesco also have larger baby scratch mitts than most shops. If you find any others, let me know!

  • Anywayup cups Minks, sorry missed off the 'up'. Designed by that mum who was fed up spills everywhere. They are very clever, and all the other companies like Avent have tried to copy her idea but they don't work. You can get them in tesco.

    Tomato is shocking too. Boys had mini muffin pizzas tonight for tea, really enjoyed making them!! But goodness what a mess. Had to wipe tomato hands off the wall!

    Worse is orange. Won't come out even with vanish.

  • Am catching up on all posts - brb - GMx
  • Well done janie...sounds like a good goal and good you and hubbie can gee each other on!

    I am going to have to get out there... disasterous day yesturday shopping for clothes that fit while Dad looked after the kids.  I had a mare cos nothing did fit! and he had a mare cos the babies wouldnt settle, looked really frazzled when I got home.  At least he understands now how hard it can be on your own!

    Taking the girls to watch him play cricket now... they best get used to it!!!

  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    Thanks MM, will see if I can find those cups in Tesco.  Have to say Kit's doing really well just with his Tommee Tippee spouted cup - it's not a 'no spill' sort though so I have to supervise!  He managed to get most of the water inside him rather than down him yesterday and went ballistic when I decided he'd had enough water and tried to take the cup away!  I think he just loves trying to be independent, bless him.  He seems to be taking well to my concoctions too - yesterday he had sweet potato, carrot and pear for lunch, then baby rice and courgette puree for tea (with a dash of pear as this seems to keep his poo soft!)

    We went for a studio photo session yesterday!  Got a flyer in the post a while back and you had to fill out your details to stand a chance of being selected for a complimentary photo session - and we got selected.  It was great fun and Kit was a real star - he only started to get fed up after an hour so he did really well, and was happy and smiley throughout.  We have to go back in 3 weeks to view the photos and make our selection: the offer includes one free framed picture.  We'll probably want to order more but were rather disheartened when we saw the price list - SO expensive!

    Janie, great about your return to running!  I definitely think that being fit before pregnancy aided my recovery from the C-section.  I was back running after 6 weeks - for the first few runs I kept to a slow pace, around 9:30/10 minute miles - but it didn't take long for the pace to creep up.  I did overdo it to start with though and hurt my back, which meant that after being back running for only a week I then had to take two weeks off!  Took it more cautiously after that - starting with literally 1.5 mile runs and building from there rather than launching straight in to 3 milers 4 times a week.  Ran 6 miles last night and averaged 7:54 pace for the whole run, which includes a couple of quite steep hills and the first 3 miles are pretty much all uphill.  I was pleased with that, but definitely need new running shoes as noticed my legs really ached during the run.  Bought this current pair before I was pregnant so I think they're probably well past their expiry date.

    Hetty, it's good for dads to spend some time alone with the baby/babies - I don't think they realise until they do that how much hard work it is and what you actually do all day!

  • hi,  I too am back running!  Went to gym yesterday and did 5k on treadmill - was going to go outside but it's been so blooming windy all week and where I live it is impossible to go anywhere without running up and down hills and wanted a flat run for my first.  Must say though that after 1k I thought I was going to die.  might have had something to do with complete pigheadedness and a refusal to run at less than my former "plodding" pace.  Ended up walking for 100m then running 500m then walking again then conceding that I might need to take the pace down if I was to run continuously.  Managed the rest of it running though at 1.2km/hr slower but I upped the pace every 100m in the last k so not so bad.  Took me 28.31 - oh lordy will I ever get back to a decent pace.  Phoned London Marathon the other day too and they confirmed I definitely have a place.  Help!! 

    Oh well, it felt good to be doing something again though my groin has been niggling ever since.  probably shouldn't have sat on the bike for half an hour after the run!  But the athletics was on and I was feeling inspired by the 4x400m!!

    Any tips for getting babs to sleep during the day?  louise is good as gold at night, sleeps so well and feeds the once and goes straight back down but during the day it's a nightmare.  She just refuses to sleep which means I get no down time at all and worse I end up eating rubbish as I think I won't get lunch etc so just grab crisps, chocolate and all the cr*p of the day. 

    Trying to upload more photos to photobox.  Did it yesterday or so I thought.  Somehow I uploaded them but didn't store them in my album.  Who knows.  have ordered prints of them all.  Have decided am sick of digital photography as you never have any actual photos any more and if you do want to print them it's a lot of effort. 

    Right, Andy managed to get Lou to go to sleep at 9pm so have done about a million chores and am heading for the shower - yet another thing I can't do in the morning cos she won't nap!

  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭

    EF, I sympathise as Kit wasn't much of a napper in the day either.  He's got better now though - as they move about more they use more energy and get more tired!  From Day 1 I started getting up at 6:30am so I could guarantee getting a shower and getting dressed etc. before hubby went to work.  We still do this now - I get up and shower, while hubby gets Kit up and changes his nappy.  When I'm out the shower and dressed, I feed him.  The early start isn't great but I just can't bear the thought of going all day without a shower and feeling skanky.  On the plus side, when Kit naps I can get more done if I don't have to worry about getting myself ready.

    Now that he's not having a dream feed, he's waking up a bit earlier in the morning - this morning I heard him murmuring in his cot at 5:45am.  He doesn't cry or demand attention but we have no idea how long he's been awake for unless he starts making cute baby noises.  This morning I had to put him down for a nap at 8:20am as he was so tired, and he's still asleep now at nearly 10image0am!  In that time I've done a load of washing, ordered some more weaning cubes online, made carrot puree and sent a few emails to friends.

    Well done on getting back to the running so quickly.  Don't worry at all about pace at first - it will come back, trust me.  I was really slow at first and wondered how I ever used to run faster, but as your body gets back into it the pace just seems to naturally return.  I struggled with stamina too at first - even just a few months off running undoes all the hard work and it takes a while to regain.  My leg strength still isn't quite where it was but it's getting better all the time.  I was so elated to be able to run again that I actually didn't care that I was slower and less fit at the outset. 

  • Hello all!

    Just a quickie to tell you how the wedding went (we're off on our hols tomorrow, so trying to pack and REMEMBER EVERYTHING!!)

    It was lovely, very happy, smiley, romantic wedding. It was a very long day though and we were knackered by the time the reception started! Hector got so much attention, lots of cooing and ahhing. He was great - slept through the ceremony but was snoring (!), then had a few grumpy moments when he was over-stimulated - he would not go to sleep in the evening even though you could see his little eyes were really heavy. He didn't want to miss anything! (the next day he slept loads, poor thing). The thing I found most exhausting was feeling I had to explain myself all the time when people came up: 'oh, he's still sleeping?' 'yes' 'Oh dear, he's crying!' 'yes, he's tired' 'when can I hold him?' 'when he wakes up/feels like being held' and so on. Blimey. Anyway, we coped and my poor husband was so tired himself that he hardly drank a thing and we were in bed by midnight, didn't even have a dance and I'm known for my dancing! image

    I put some photos on my Flickr page if you fancy a look. 

    Well done everyone who is back running, that's great and good to hear you feeling so positive. 

    Right, so much to do before tomorrow and the blimmin' Tubes are on strike, just when we need them.  

    I will be back to tell you how we get on with holidaying when we return.

    A xx 

  • Not sure if you'll remember me from the Pregnant Runners thread, have been on maternity leave for 11 months and am just back at work now, didn't have access to email or internet at home.  Gave birth to Isla on 20th October last year, was 9 days late, got induced, forceps etc, but enough said about that.  Isla was 8lbs 9oz at birth and now is away up about 23lbs, she is going to be tall (i am tall, 5ft 9 in and hubby is over 6ft).  Have thoroughly enjoyed being at home, but ready to come back to work part time now (3 days a week).  Think 6 months would have been too early for me and glad we could stretch financially to a few extra unpaid months leave.

    Yesterday was my first day back and my Mum came to our house and looked after Isla she was fine and not even upset.  Today she is at nursery and not so happy, her first full day there.  Mum is going to look after her on a monday and she is going to a nursery on a tuesday and wednesday.

    As for the running, first of all i started back in march, but had really stiff ankles in the morning, so rested for a couple of weeks then started again about july and strained something in my hip, got checked out by a physio and everything ok, so rested it for another wee while and the past two weeks i have just started again.  Everything going ok so far, adding a few minutes each time i go out and up to 30 mins with no problems.  Also went out for a short hill walk and got to the top of the nearest hill in the same time as pre-pregnancy, so not lost much fitness it seems, perhaps all the long walks pushing the push chair round a bumpy hilly estate have kept me reasonably fit.

Sign In or Register to comment.