Birmingham & Black Country Half-Marathon

12346»

Comments

• Baggies first on the list for next year!!!

I'll bet I'm not in any photo - I never am!!

Sticking with the half marathon name then? I'd just put ""ish"" at the end!!.

Brilliant stuff
  • :)

I was going to start by trying to re-route once the new mainline reopens, but the 'ish' is a good backup plan!
  • I've seen your email Andy - I'd like to see those pictures , drowned! all of us!.

All the race needed was clear Hi Vis signs with Arrows telling the route . I doubt even with your organisation skills you could get many more marshals . The hi vis signs would do it.

You could keep the distance but couldn't call it a half .

It's all good stuff I reckon!!
  • Any pictures yet??
  • Andy, a great event i'm the one who finished last (orange top) will try and improve on my time..(hopefully) good to read all the comments.... I'm going run it again next month (August) when the weather is better. I do miss all them puddles though. see you next year. Well Done. Josey Wales
  • Well done Alan , I was worried when I left and saw torches stil there but I was freezing and went home. I'll bet you were freezing by the time you got in.

There is a 10K at Chasewater in Brownhills this weekend if you are interested. Or a 10 mile hilly race at Trentham is you are feeling adventurous!!

Sorry I was there to cheer you in!!
  • Oh that should read "sorry I *wasn't* there!
  • It's Back!

BBCHM hastaken over my life again, only 6 months earlier this year. I have been putting in the groundwork for the last 6 weeks and now entries are open. The website is still underway but the main thing is that entry forms are available and the date has been set for 5th July.

A temporary website is in place at http://www.bbchm.co.uk/

I have been taking on all of last year's feedback and changes this year are:

• Officially measured course
    • Increased entries (expecting 500-1000 so still fairly small)
    • Due to increased entries we will stagger the start very slightly - I am proposing groups of 10, one minute apart. Fastest first. Any comments on this?
    • Increased signage including mileage markers and bigger arrows (will also be waterproof)
    • More marshals and better first aid cover
    • Hopefully some sunshine!
    • Lighting in the tunnel

Would be good to see all of last year's faces back again, hope you can make it.

Cheers,

Andy

• Will have a look at the date ..... doh, no medal ..... you didn't listen to ALL the feedback image
  • I'm looking to do this as my first half as I know the route and have cycled it quite a few times in the past.

Now it's just a case of following my plans rather than deciding to do a 75mile cycle after a hard session in the pool the day before my scheduled long run image
  • Caz,

there were medals last year, and there will be again in 08!

• .... well in that case ... image