Swollen bruised knees

Last night while heading for the downstairs loo in the dark on autopilot,I managed to chuck myself down the stairs and knocked myself out in the process so it must have been a fair old bang. Anyway, apart from some really colourful bruises and a sore head I'm fine, but my knees are really swollen, so they must have taken a whack as well. They don't hurt, though, or at least only the skin does.

Do you reckon a few miles tomorrow would do any harm? Not having a run on Sunday morning would be like not having roasties with my Sunday dinner.

Comments

• Should be ok if it's only surface bruising I would have said.

But given that you knocked yourself out I'd take it easy and stop at once if you feel woozy.
  • Just the answer I wanted, thanks!
  • Sinewaif you knocked yourself out that I wouldn't recomend you do any running at all for a couple of days or until you no longer have a headache.
  • If you really "knocked yourself out" and lost consciousness, you should see a doctor.

advice on concussion
  • Thanks both

Aw... apparently I really was out for the count for long enough that Mr S had managed to get through to NHS direct, so it must have been a while. :-) Thanks for the advice, which I guess I'd better take note of.

It's more the risk of knee injury that I was worried about, if I run whilst my knees have a load of fluid around them. Hmm, that sounds a bit obsessive even to me... But then quite clearly I don't use my brain in connection with running!
  • Mr S has just come up with the perfect invention to prevent it happening again - the Stannah Staircommode! Simply stagger out of bed, sit on it, press the button, have a wee on the journey downstairs, then step off as it gets safely to the ground floor and tips itself up over the loo. Climb aboard again, press the button, snooze gently as the friendly little electric pal turfs you gently back into your pit.

I think he might have something there.
  • I agree with happycat
    dont run for a day or two
  • I'll be like a bear with a sore head. Worse - a Waif with a sore head. Hang on, I already am one.

*Disclaimer*
    The writer takes no responsibiliy for any stroppy, unreasonable, grumpy, or otherwise offensive postings between now and when I can run again.