Options

Sunday 8th July

2»

Comments

• Options
    Evening,

Ta very much for your kind words.

RFJ the Proud, very well run RFJ Jnr and that is a very big chunk out of his 800m PB.

Nrg-B, the only time my average HR gets above 170BPM is when I am racing 10 mile races or less. I will easily clear 170 in intervals as a max HR when I will work up to 95%MHR

Treadmill, we are only pulling your leg. Most of my aerobic general running is completed around the 7 min/mile now. Recovery running is a lot slower. The rate at which I run my LSR greatly depends on the topography over which I going. Generally for 2.40 marathon racing your "normal" running should be in the region of 6.30 to 7.30 mins per mile. Threshold pace is about 5.50, VO2 Max pace is around 5.20
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Clink: All runners I've met when out training always give a polite nod and smile.

RFJ: Well run, junior, you've made daddy proud.

FL: I guess I was trying to do a poor chav-like imitation of Dean Karnazes. TBH, when I saw the cyclist I felt deeply embarrassed. <burp/>, 'scuse me.

BR: Yep 50M challenge is meant to be a well-stocked challenge. It starts and finishes at a pub. You can have a pint of beer, bitter or even gin - I'm told ;-)

Hippo: Oh hello :-)

Soda: Thanks for that info.

DubaiDave: I used to power-walk a lot before I became a runner as part of my self-designed weight-loss programme.

I've been so busy focused on the in-vogue stuff (ie recent debate here and on the Dublin thread) that perhaps I need to make use of all my options. When I walked fast it was not taxing at all (HR, hydration, muscles, breathing, energy levels etc). However, my tendons and joints were feeling sore and I still ended up pleasantly fatigued. I think power-walking is perhaps an underrated forgotten form of exercise. I will certainly include it as part of my home-brew schedule.

In anticipation of wet weather and total mudfest I bought [drum-roll]...

...some cross-country spike shoes. They're Decathlon own brand called Kalenji.
    A bargain at £22.
  • Options
    What: 14 miles road (1:31:47)
    Why: Long run
    Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: Few weeks

Today's run could have been a disaster. Had some food and rested it for an hour, then some water about 5 mins before setting off. Possibly a combination of both but I had stomach cramps for virtually the whole way of the run. Was going to jack it in at mile 5 and turn back to get 10 miles but decided to just stick in there - as my legs and rest of body felt in good enough form to do the distance anyway.

Cramps got easier on me about a mile from home, and looking back the average pace was about 6:32 anyway (1:31:47) so it wasn't all that bad.
  • Options
    Stuart - that doesn't sound good - not nice to feel that uncomfortable on a run.

Thanks for all the get-wells - I'm trying.

BR - don't think you'd really want that T/shirt - it is an old Papakura half marathon shirt - not really a collector's item!

Soda - great run on a tough course - you seem to be able to punish yourself with no ill effects - long may that last.

Hipps - congrats on the 6 mile PB!

SGQ - sounds beautiful, Stickless - you sound happy.

RFJ Jnr - well done! How old is he RFJ?

AF - I saw Henry Rono run on the track when he was at his peak - an amazing runner - sad what happened to him - I hadn't heard that he'd turned his life around again.

What: Rest - trying to get better. Very boring.
  • Options
    Treadmill - as you obviously didn't see BR's reference to your spelling mistake then misunderstood his pun referring to pigs, maybe you mean: I can bear the pain for an hour or so?!!

McEwen's win in Le Tour was exciting!
  • Options
    Treadmill - unless you have a certain part of your body you wish to show off?
  • Options
    Evening all

Have been away in Oxford for weekend hence quiet from me.

Did 5 miles easy whilst in Oxford this morning. Lovely run with hot air balloons in the air.

Good runnings all.

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    What - 62 miles on bike in the Peak with club

Well done to Mel and Podro.

You can't get done for speeding on a bike, you can get done for cycling furiously though and it's possibly they would argue if you were exceeding the speed limit for a motor vehicle then you were automatically guilty of that - they'd have to take you to court though no fixed penalty and of course no points as you don't have a cycle licence.
  • Options
    Just popping in to read the reports and say a quick well done to all racers.

What: nothing

Why: double stress fracture and anohter ca 2 weeks to go

Simon

P.S. TMR - don't think Amsterdam will be on for either of us. But if you were interested in running the Bxls mara the week before, plenty of space here to put you up.
  • Options
    evening all

Well raced to Mr and (nearly) Mrs Wardi, AF, nn, m, hippo, 200mins, sodahead, and rfj jnr.

Looking forward to the IM reports.

Congrats on the Job scoobs

I'm now back from a week in london (le Tour was rather good) so training can start up properly again :)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    SiT - have they moved the Brussels M and HM then? It was in August last year I recall.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Yahoooo Podro and Mellifera!!!!!!

I shall watch eagerly for the reports.

• Options
    FL; maybe it's me that should be called slow instead of the run! :-)
  • Options
    FL; I'll just poodle along....
  • Options
    Lyrics (no takers?) Bruce Stringbean, Sherry Darling.

Somehow my 21.5 yesterday just vanished from my legs and today's 8 miles tick tocked along. Not, I hasten to add, at Soda pace, but I'm happy enough to salvage 50 miles for the week.

I feel an ultra coming on.
  • Options
    she keeps talking she'll be walking that last block..........

hey hey hey...whad'ya say....Sherry darling