My Last Run

Comments

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Just a 10 K run today.Overall 55 minutes with some intervals at 10K pace.  Very windy!

• Long club run yesterday morning, can't be 100% sure of distance as I forgot my garmin but I think it was around 12.5 miles ish.  Quite a slow run, slower than I would have liked as it took just over 2 hours, we done quite a lot of stop/starting which breaks the rhythm a little bit.  Enjoyable none the less with some lovely scenery and was back home for 11.30am feeling very smug I had got a big run out of the way so early.
  • hi folks, 8M commute, steady in about 8:30m/M
  • 15 miles in 2:04, so just over 8 M/M. This was in what I would call testing conditions, with the strength of the wind out there. My 6 miles along the coast heading westwards was a struggle.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    The wind hadn't abated overnight, leaving a series of sandhills to negotiate on Waterloo promenade.  Quite pleased to record 5 miles after yesterday's 10.5 mile MT buffeting image
  • 6miles on sunday, just getting back in the habit.
  • 3M Easy. Hamstrings and calves were very tight recently. Just being sensible. It happens to me every so often.
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

8.7 miles today.  Very windy still but had a running parnter today which made a nice change.

Last run before a leave for the airport later today for an early morning flight to Italy.  Hope the ash cloud stays  away from Manchester Airport!

• 3.5 K - Having knee problems recently so slowly building back up.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Another 5 miles by the seaside, calling at Crosby Baths image
  • Some cracking training going on.

SR: You're going well. Forgot to post that before.

For me;4.5M Fartlek Hard.Nice morning for it. Being very quiet as new pup sleeping at my feet now.image

• hey people

16.9M on the South Downs Way, between Harting Down and Cocking. Not the easiest stretch! Took me 2:36. I thought I took it steady but still got very tired at the end!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Just over 11 miles. New route again mostly on roads out in the country. I don't know if my running is improving, but my knowledge of how to get around my city and surroundings certainly is. Cut across a field with a bull in it, very quickly. Got stranded briefly on a path that ended up in a ditch and nettles. Had to wander around a bit to re-find my route. Legs stung to buggery. Miles 5 to 7 were almost zen like. The running just got on with itself and my mind could wander off. A busy road and then a mile or so on a hard stone and gravel bridlepath brought me back down to earth. Once I'd shaken that off was okay and pretty comfortable at the end.
  • Dutch and JT- Impressive running.

For me a 45 M Tempo run. Started off as a steady one but got faster as felt good. legs a bit stiff now though.

• Opps that should of course be a 4.5M Tempo run not 45Mimageimage
  • Hello people. Quick 5M around Southsea seafront. Extremely windy!

• Good running JT and Dutch.

For me it was a 10 mile sort of speed session last night in 1:13:38. Was faster then I have been for a long time, but did feel it at the end and was hanging on. This was on the treadmill. Think I will attempt another long effort tomorrow.

• Went out for my weekly long run this morning. But things did not go to plan as feeling worn out with heavy legs. So got to 5 miles then turned around and headed home, for a total of 10 miles in 1:35. Think I will take a few days off now and hopefully come back next week feeling fresher.
  • Funny you should say that SR! I have felt stiff and tired today and have decided to give it a rest until Sunday, when I aim to do an 18M+ LSR. Always wise to listen to your body.
  • Yeah Dutch. My body has been screaming out for a rest with the running I have done this last month. Feel good for it and have lost weight and got faster, but was hard this morning and just did not have the energy mentally or physically for the long run.

Hopefully feel better for next weeks running.

• 7.5 miles in 1hour 4mins felt ok at the end, hope to start increasing the distance!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Cheers birkmyre and solent for the encouragement. 12.6 miles today is thereabouts my furthest distance. Mainly off-road, which is certainly easier for me. Felt tired at the end but fine. Had to stop 3 times though. Once to readjust my sock because it was rubbing the skin off the top of my toe. Once to put my shoe back on. I'd caught the heal somehow on a gate, ran forward and the shoe stayed where it was. And once because I got stuck behind a lady on a footpath with an enormous bottom that I just couldn't navigate myself around.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Meanwood Valley Trail race, 7.5 miles, near Leeds yesterday - 1st half saw me sluggish but I had a livelier return stretch.  Beautiful surroundings - but it's Yorkshire isn't it? image
  • well done Swittle; good training by JT and Solent Runner and others!

me; 19.4M on the Meon Valley Trail, in 2.45. Nice, self contained effort. The stuff that should become part and parcel of my training

• 4.5M Fartleks done.  Hard session. Cracking morning. Dry and sunny

.JT: Thats what we're here for. To encourage each other.

Dutch: Good long eun of 19.4M

swittle: Sounds like you enjoyed your Trail race.

• Well done to JT & Swittle on there weekend running.

Dutch: that's a reasonable pace you held for your 19.4M run. Good running.

I ventured out earlier for 10 miles in 1:20. My legs felt good after a few days rest, in fact when I first started I was joking with myself that it felt like a new pair of legs to be running on. I wonder how long it will be until I tire them out again.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hello all. 7.4 miles in the rain. Ran without any support strap on my left knee and right ankle for the first time. Took it gently for a couple of miles, but everything was fine. Ran a very narrow country road with a lot of diverted traffic whizzing down it. That wasn't fun. As usual took a while to get going but picked up my pace for the return miles. Quite enjoyed upping the speed. Will have to do a bit more of that.
  • 4M Easy/Steady, on a cracking sunnymorning.
  • well done as ever Birkmyre. Good going JT!

Me: 8M in, with 2 10min bursts. Both times I was under 10k pace (3.50min per k), so pretty intense.

Enjoyable, on a crisp sunny morning in Hampshire.

• ... and 8M back. Steady this time, just over 8m/M.

Hoping for a longish run again tomorrow.