Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Hey folks,

20k (must be about 12 Miles?) in 1:38:30. Just wanted to dip under 8m/M which was hard enough, windy, warm, undulating route and yesterday's exertions still in the legs. Still, feels nice to push it a bit rather than plod along.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Belated thanks, Dutch, birkmyre & Solent image  Loving the encouragement!

Must try to post more regularly on here - was an ever present a few years ago and found the varied stories gave me a real lift.

Streak update: 122 days and counting image

• Options
    4.5M Steady . Not bad. Dry , mildish.
  • Options

4M this morning; all I had time for today. Included 4k in anger, so doing well on the tempo front this week!

Nice one Swittle. Good to see you streaking again!

• Options

10 miles last night.  3 mile warm up, 6 miles @ MP, 1 mile cool down.

8 mile easy run tonight.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hello all. 10 miles today. Felt like much more. Hot, tired, slow, crap.
  • Options

10 miles last night in just under 1:14. This was on the treadmill. Found things hard and was a real push at times during run.

Think I will head for a long effort tomorrow. Just hope it goes better then last weeks aborted attempt.

• Options

7.85 miles easy tonight.  Felt a bit tired at times, glad to get it over with.

6 miles easy tomorrow with strides, rest Saturday then Beckenham 10k Sunday.

• Options

4.5M Fartlek Hard. Nice summers morning up here.

SR:I've found any run over 6M on a treadmill mentally hard.

• Options

morning people.

Never mind JT! These run seem to happen from time to time; no doubt the next outing will feel a lot better.

me: 8M in, steady, 8m/M

• Options
    Looked at this to cheer myself up, My last run was Tuesday night, short 4 miler in prep for this sunday's Tenby marathon, did it, enjoyed the run and got a good stretch ready for the weekend, woke up thursday with really bad scaitica so will now miss my marathon. Ever wish you'd given it a miss?
  • Options

birkmyre: Yeah the treadmill can get a bit boring. I only use them for my speed and hill work sessions.

Ran my long effort this morning. 24 & 1/2 miles in 3:57. About 1 M/M slower then I ran this route two weeks ago, but to be honest in the heat out there I was just pleased to go sub 4. Was very pleasant out there though and the warm sunshine does make a difference to how things look. Beach was a little to busy, which meant loads of people with there children to dodge, but that is something I have to put up with the route I run.

Good luck Jamie Russell on Sunday for the 10k.

EG Graham: Always hard having to pull out of a marathon, I feel for you. Hopefully not to long before your back at it though.

• Options

Well done SR! I just came back from my 8M commute and felt it unpleasantly warm. So well done on staying the course and building the mileage.

Unlucky EG Graham! Hope you'll recover soon.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

First run today since getting back from holidays yesterday.  10K route in a slow 59 minutes.  Legs felt heavy and it was pretty hot.  I may have to get up really early and run a few mornings (not as early as birkmyre though).

• Options

New to this thread, but enjoyed today's run so a good time to start.

Did a variation of one of my favorite runs: along the Caledonian Canal, winding through the woods west of Inverness, up a climb known locally as "vomit" (no prizes for guessing why, forest track straight up the hill), and onto the top of the highest point around, Craig Dunain (290m, 940ft). Then down through the woods again past the bronze age fort at Craig Phadraig and winding down to the Moray Firth.

Bonus points for spotting a red squirrel (seen them south of here but never so close to home) and for getting to watch a rescue helicopter practising over the Firth on my final descent. 16.5km/ 10.25 miles.

• Options
    5 miles this morning in 47 minutes. Sort of recovery run after yesterdays effort.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Just under 9.5 miles. A funny route combining not so nice housing estate, an industrial estate, major ring road, and a field of sheep. First 3 miles was real hard work until finally I got a rhythm going.

Cheers Dutch, you're right, this wasn't the unpleasant slog of Thursday. Gym tomorrow, and not running again until Tuesday.

Hi 57.5DOP. It sounds a beautiful location to be running through. The same with Solent's mammoth runs down the coastline. I find half the pleasure of running is getting to out of the way places and seeing things you wouldn't normally.
  • Options

Great stuff 57.5! I'm almost jealous.

I made do with Old Winchester Hill today. In my neck of the woods that is just about as high and steep as it gets. Lovely but hot. Not far, only 6M but proper long and thigh busting stuff.

Welcome back Alib! I'm sure you'll get sharper from here!

• Options

hey folks,

23.8M in 3.24. Very pleased. Nice and cool in Hampshire with a touch of drizzle and a cool breeze. Ideal for a long effort.

• Options

Dutch: That sounds a quality run in a good time. With that sort of pace I do not think it will be too difficult for you to run faster then you did at North Dorset Village Marathon when it comes to New Forest.

15 miles for me in 1:57.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Solent & Dutch: Some really good long runs for you both. 

Just ran 2 miles to an hours circuit training class and 2 miles back.  I have a 10K on Sunday were I was planning on another attempt at sub 50 but it wont happen!  There is a local one in August and by that time I will be well into my training for the GNR.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

A 4.5 tempo run today.  It was hard work!

• Options
    True Scottish summer run tonight, 7.5 miles in the cold and  pissing rain. After threatening all day the rain started almost the second we set off. Nice route on the Caledonian Canal though.
  • Options

4M Off road .Just for a wee change.Enjoyed it

57.5 :At least your scenery is nice ! Midges out yet ?!image

• Options

Morning people,

8M in today, in about 7:45m/M. Started off sluggish but found my stride later on.

• Options

.... and back again, some sort of pace. Harder work with more headwinds and more uphills.

Decent set of runs today.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    6.6 slow miles today.  My legs still a bit tired after Monday and Tuesday.
  • Options

You're still doing ok for distance Alib!

Me: 7M up and down over the Staunton Way. Took it steady.

• Options

Well done alib and Dutch. Some good running there.

Me: 10 miles last night in 1:12:06. Sort of speed session on the treadmill.

• Options

5M Steady on a sunny Friday morning