My Last Run

Comments

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    quick 10 mins today before very heavy rain came
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Well I did the 10K race today with a PB (by just a few secnds) but was a little disappointed as I should have taken a minute off really.  I just really needed water and stopped at both stations so I could drink properley so lost time there. It wasnt even hot so for future races I need to look at what I have eaten / drank the night before as this has happened before.  Maybe I also need to do some speed training or tempo runs over the 10K distance.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    6.3 miles today following the river. Went fine. Lots of people out running. Congrats on PB alib.
  • 5.25M Tempo run. Not bad.

alibee: congrats on pb.

Jamie: I was a wee bit stiff on Sat morning from climbing Ben, hence the later postimage

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

alibi  - image for your PB

Yesterday: 10.8 mile recce of the last section of the "Yorkshireman" off road Marathon: Denholme Velvets to Haworth.  Squally showers transformed the course but helpful in navigational terms. image

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. 

No run for me today.  I thought I would have a rest and run with the club tomorrow night.  It is really hard to get my runs in in the school holidays!  Only two full weeks of training before I go on holiday so I need to try harder.  I will have to take my trainers on holiday as I have the GNR 10 days after I get back.  Realistically I probably wont do much distance in the heat in Cyprus but any effort is better than none!

• 14 mile long run yesterday.

5 mile easy run tonight.
  • 5.25M Steady on a windless and dawn breaking run.
  • Ran 6.38KM (practically 4 mile) on long undulating road,

25:40

Ran with HRM for first time kept pulse at 171 average.

Legs heavy from gym session yesterday which was good but after first day back at work for 6 weeks.

did 3 min plank!
    3 x 15 20kg squats
    3 x 15 100KG calf raise
    2 x 20 32KG hamstring curl
    50 leg raises
    1KM run in 3:19min to turn legs over quick and get used to treadmill speed.
  • 10 mile progression run tonight, starting at MP and finishing at Tempo pace, pretty tough session.
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    Just over 10 miles for me tonight with the club.  It was a surprise as we dont usually go as far as that!  I wont do my long run on Thursday now so will plan to do 12 on Sunday morning instead.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    5 miles along the beach & over the grassy expanse just before sunset.  Photos taken image
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    6.2 miles today. Grey and wet, but warmer than I was expecting. Felt a bit knackered but think it was because I was going a bit quicker than I meant. Shin sore now but nothing to worry about I expect. Happy at sticking to 6 miles for a while until things fully recover. Wore my black tights which make me look like Max Wall.
  • 8 mile easy run tonight, surveying the shops with broken windows that the brain dead, moronic idiots smashed the night before.
  • Run later and use work shower facilities. House like building site as our bathroom being refitted.
  • 4.42 Miles in 28:05 not bad running, fairly windy and legs feeling it from last few days.

Will be looking to recover well ready for busy work weekend and then some hard session in prep for race soon
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Around 8.5 miles today. 13 miles on Sunday with some cross country planned.  I am hoping that the weather stays cool.

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Just 4 miles for me today, legs felt tired so was not going to bother but I am glad that I did as they dont feel any worse for it. Rest day tomorrow and a 12 or 13 mile run on Sunday.

My Great North Run number came today, I am really looking forward to it now!  I am in Zone C which I am pleased about.

• I usually run a really hilly 5k, but today I started out surprising myself when I couldnt even make it up the first hill (The worst hill ever) so I thought Id cheat myself and take a short cut home, cause I didnt think Id make the usual 5k..the short cut is about 3k.

Anyway, I actually started to feel so much better, that once I circled my way back to the car, I felt so guilty for my bad behavior taking the short cut, that I started again for a second loop of the same shorter course, making it about a 6k hilly run!

When I got back to the car again, I actually contemplated going again!! I felt great!! But I could feel my feet arches were straining abit and I thought, Id just leave it there today, instead of injuring myself. So that I could have another go at it tomorrow!

Im really wrapped with that run because it is the first run Ive had in ages where I havnt had a blister too! I always get blisters.. My running schedule is pretty much dictated my my blisters and how they have healed. But today I put on a second skin gauze thingy on my toes and shazaam!! No blisters!! Im so excited now! Thats one more excuse I cant use to hold me back. Which is great news!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Strange the way it goes ktbgreat, there's can be periods of runs when it feels bloody awful, then 10 mins later it can be a an effortless glide. Are you sure your shoes fit alright if you keep getting all these blisters?

Anyway, 7.65 miles today which is my longest for a while. The shin injury wasn't a problem during the run, just needs a bit of aftercare. Half on road and half off. Had to stop at a manned rail crossing for ages, and was all over the place when I started again (I seemed to have forgotten how to run). That resolved itself. Sun was out for a while and it got pretty warm. Lots of friendly drivers today letting me cross the roads without having to stop or break stride. God bless 'em.
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    12.25 miles today with some cross country miles in there as well.  Only one more 12-13 mile run before my holiday in just over a week.  I really hope that I dont lose too much fitness while I am there.  I have 9 days after I get back before the Great North!
  • 14 miles for me this morning.

This week will be building up to the pride 10k so no real heavy sessions which will be a welcome break for the legs.
  • 8 Miles this evening in just over an hour.
    Hadn't eaten all day so took it easy.
    still nice to be out for an hour though.
  • 5.25M Fartlek and got soaked half way round it.image

Some right good training going on.

Good to read.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Just over 5.2 miles this afternoon. Had a busy morning, was yawning my head off and just wasn't pepped up to run at all, but made myself go. Quite enjoyed it in the end.
  • 6.3 miles today, 46 mins. Legs felt good, couple of short sharp inclines were a test though. Head wind and drizzle on a long stretch of road, roll on the summer....ohimage
  • 5.25M Steady. I was only going to do a 4, but felt okay so every mile helps.

Dry and very mild this moriong up here.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    A two-mile streaksaver turned into five last night, the deserted beach and lowering cloud matching my mood.
  • 25 min tempo run at about 90% effort with a ten minute warm up and down.
  • Another 5 miler ran steadyily. My legs were stiff and hamstrings tight so erred on side of caution. Fartlek tomorrow.