My Last Run

Comments

• 1 mile warm up - 3 miles with short sprints and recovery - 1 mile warm down

not very scenic (perimeter of an industrial park) but traffic free and safe.

• As a blood red sky spread over the east, I ran through slumbering Blundellsands, past the sea fishermen on the prom, and down the beach with only the regular swoosh of the tide for company.

A fine start to the day - and 5.3 miles to log too! image

• 6 miles for me this morning. I thought it was going to be really frosty this morning but I didn't see any frost until I got down by the canal. Heard a blackbird singing beautifully, and there was a bit of mist over the canal. The sky was streaked with pink as I finished. A lovely, easy run.

• 7 & a 1/2 miles for me on treadmill in 1:15.
  • 8M home in a fartlek sort of way. Felt great to be honest, had trouble reigning myself in, as am racing on Sunday.

Good to see up upping the Miles Solent Runner. Hope you stay injury free.

Also couldn't help noticing that Alib is clocking up  the miles as well! You aren't secretly thinking about a Marathon, are you Alib?

• Dutch: is it the Hayling Ten your running Sunday or another event?
  • Midday - 9km woodland trail and grass in Croxteth Park 

45 minutes - felt reasonable.

Tough going through the mud - chance to wear my underused trail shoes but still very slippy underfoot.

• 5m Fartlek. Hard in heavy drizzle or smiry rain as we call it up here. Forgot to post last couple of days !image
  • Hi Solent Runner; yes, it 's the Hayling 10. It's billed as fast....
  • 4 miles Fartlek this morning wearing my new running shoes. Very disappointed with them so far! image
  • 0630 start and 5 miles, half road, half beach & trail around Crosby beach & the Marina.  Breezy but very refreshing indeed! image
  • 6.5 slowish miles and will probably do some intervals later on the track while I am waiting for my son.

Dutch, yes I have been thinking about a marathonimage.  I am very tempted to do a local marathon in April but I havent decided for sure yet.  There is also a 20 mile race that I am going to do in March so I do need to start building up the miles!

• alib: if you can run a 20 miler in March it is only another 6 miles to take you up to full distance, so I reckon the full would be doable for you in April. But it is a big decision as it will require a lot of training.

Dutch: I did Hayling a couple of years ago and it is a good little race. A couple of off road bits, but flat all the way round.

• Solent, yes it is the amount of training required that is making the decision hard.  The 20 mile is only 3 weeks away from the marathon so I would probably have to do it as at a long run pace if I decided to go the full distance in April. 

4 x 800 intervals at the track with a warm up and cool down.  3.5 miles in total.  Day off tomorrow and a 10 mile cross country on Saturday.

• 2 mile warm up - 2 mile at 90% pace - 1 mile recovery - 1 mile at 90% pace - 1 mile recovery - 600m at 90% pace - 1 mile warm down

tough but fun - rest day tommorow

• Hi Alib; I've run three and have not run a marathon in which I've done myself justice. It requires a lot of training to do it in a way that works, at least for me. But then, I've seen that Solent Runner posted useful times in a number of them recently....

I've got one planned in April, and part of me is dreading it already!

5M this morning, just a leg loosener for Sunday. Hope the wind won't be a factor!

• Dutch: it has been a long time since I have had a decent marathon, and even then I was not super fast anyway. Like you my next one will be in April at Brighton, what one are you doing?

10 miles for me in 1:40, once again on the treadmill.

• Dutch: forgot to say, good luck for Sunday.
  • Evening all, 8.5 leg stretch for me this afternoon.  Like most people been hitting the miles and getting ready for x-country.

Dutch: if I'm not mistaken you done Meon Valley Plod this year? Would you recommend it?

• A very easy 3 miles this morning. Still loving the mild weather. Not much traffic around, nor did I see any dog walkers this morning; they must have been catching some extra zzzzzs as it's the weekend! Wore my new Nike Lunerglides again. Still not loving them particularly, but not hating them as much as I did on Thursday!
  • 4 mile eay running after marshalling at Princes Parkrun. Enjoying the cooler air, and the breeze was nice to run against. Legs feeling tired, but enjoyed the slower pace

Princes park is a lovely little park to run around. It is about 2km perimeter, and is an ideal park for Parkrun.

• Just ran 14.27km from Dobcross Saddleworth to North Manchester image happy and no aches or pains
  • Good luck for tomorrow Dutch! I'm sure that you will do really well.

11 windy miles cross country today. 

• Hi, Paco.  I enjoyed Princes today, not only for parkrun but also for its beauty and design.  The Sunburst gates certainly catch the eye! image

Oh, yes, it was Day 300 of my present Streak too image

• 8 miles this morning. Windy, but not too bad. The sun came out to make the run really enjoyable. Ran with a friend who's much faster than me so ran quicker than I had planned!
  • 10 km at leisurely pace with a large group. Liverpool city centre (Up and Running shop Bold st.) - down to Princes park - 1 lap - back again to Bold st.

Freindly social run

Breezy and fresh but not to cold once warmed up

• Hello people,

Just got back from the Hayling 10M. Did it in 1:04:53. Very pleased, certainly given the blustery conditions. I'm doing less mileage in training and a bit more speed work and it is nice to notice I'm still quite strong. Should be quicker on the 10k now, actually. Breaking 40min should be no problem but it regularly is!

Roadrunna: yes, I did the Meon Valley Plod this year. It is, well, crazy. The hills are steep and long, the descents very tricky and then there is the mud. You won't forget about the mud in a hurry! I'd say that the latter stretches are the toughest. It is an experience! Forget about splits etc, put on your offroad shoes, and find yourself caked in mud from the knees down. It's great but incredibly tough!

Solent: yes, Brighton Marathon is next for me too. Not sure how to approach it. I find I'm enjoying the shorter distances much more and not sure that the M'ton is for me. I suppose I'll up my LSRs from here on and have another crack at getting it right.....

• Inspired Runner and Dutch: some quick times there.
  • Well done Dutch and Inspired Runner.  Great times!  I have never done a 10 mile race yet but have entered my first for February next year.

No running for me today,  I will have a very easy running week this week as I am doing a 24 mile challenge walk (which we will run/walk) next saturday.  There are lots of checkpoints to stop off for food and drinks which should help.  It seemed like a good idea at the time but now I'm not so sure!