Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the support, Dutch image

Impressive off-road total, alib - well run!

My 2nd Princes parkrun yesterday and the squalls held off during the run itself.  Were you marshalling near the lake, Paco?  20 seconds slower but I felt more familiar with the different aspects of the course.

Afterwards, my first proper walk through Sefton Park in 17 years - usually run - what a beautifully designed & maintained asset for Liverpool!  Some photos on facebook.

• Options

Solent:  Yes I was thinking the same about the marathon. We did walk up the big hills and there were checkpoints to stop at so it was slow but I know that I can do the marathon distance.  It doesnt seem quite so scary now so I am going to go for it! 

Most of the training plans  are for 16 weeks so as its on 8th April I better get started soon!  I just need to have a few days off after yesterday before I get started.

• Options
    alib: Good luck with the training, I'm sure you will be fine come race day next April.
  • Options

swittle - yes, the lake is my routine marshalling point - a nasty little incline that usually gets a few grimaces as runners pass by.

Sefton and Princes parks are a couple of jewels in the city.

Cross country today at Arrowe park. My first cross country race since I was at school many moons ago. Lots of fun and quite tough. Extremely muddy and churned up like a quagmire - 5 tough miles in the bank for this week.

Hope everybody's niggles disappear over the next few days.

Easy day tomorrow (maybe a treadmill run)

• Options
    8 miles up on moors around Winter Hill. Full on blizzard conditions on top. Twas most excellant, especially when i ran past a walker who was done up to the nines in all the gear, as i ran past he shouted, " ya must be bloody mad ! "
  • Options

Easy 4 mile run for me this afternoon around Epsom racecourse - would have been delightful apart from the fact it was pissing down and I got soaking wet...

Paco - you've bought back some more memories, as I can remember running cross-country in Arrowe park from when I was in school..

• Options
    12 for me today plus the 5 hard XC miles yesterday.
  • Options

Ah!  I thought it might be you, Paco - great support and an encouraging smile image

I couldn't agree with you more about Liverpool's parks and I thank the far-sighted philanthropists and sponsors who bequeathed these peaceful, green places to every citizen in the future image

Well done on your x-country triumph today!

And well done to Paul Haden: Winter Hill can get pretty scary pretty quickly in the 'colder' months image

• Options

Damp, drizzly and dark but still good fun!

Pushing the 2 year old in her pushchair (snacks distributed!) and headtorch on and did a 4 miler around the housing estate in my hi viz jacket. Multitasking! image

• Options
    17.52 miles, longest run so far. Did it at an average pace of 7.04 minutes per mile, faster than the pace I did the Marlow half in November. Bit scary as long stretches were on a busy A road with no pavement at twilight.

Chaffing issues due to new running tights.
  • Options
    10.7 solitary miles around Crosby & Blundellsands at 8pm: wind, rain, hail, thunder & lightning my only companions - but not all together! image
  • Options
    4 miles in the falling snow.
  • Options

5 miles at 0645 in strong, gusting wind and squalls round Crosby & Blundellsands.  3 deg C and the 1st gritting lorry of the season sighted image

• Options
    7.3 Miles yesterday and first run in the rain
  • Options

Surrey Runner: that's a good run at a good pace.

7 & 1/2 treadmill miles for me in 1:15.

• Options

5 easy km on treadmill to ease those aching calf muscles back to life.

Looked outside and suspected indoor running was a good idea!

• Options
    Have not been running consistently now for about 6 months and really let myself down image however reading an article today really made me get the feeling in my stomach back for running. Headed out after work and did a 5km in 32 minutes, not the furthest or fastest but I'm happy with my run, I felt strong throughout and now finally looking forward to getting out there again!!
  • Options
    8 miles on the treadmill. Its cold outside!
  • Options
    4.5 miles steadily on fallen snow. Cold and clear. Cautious run
  • Options
    4 miles getting easier as I eventually warmed up brrr
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    4.2 miles today, so a little bit further again. Foot still a bit tweaky. Stamina not great after the long lay off. And it's bloody cold. I hit a patch of ice as well. Why couldn't I have broken my foot in January instead?
  • Options
    5 mile hill run (47 mins) for me today, ran upto Epsom Downs racecourse, half way round, and then back.... Pretty much the whole run was either up or down hill, and it felt tougher than I was expecting.

Was a really nice and crisp day, and lots of racehorses out on the gallops, which I always enjoy.
  • Options

JT141 - you will soon get back into it and build your miles back up.

I havent ran since the long cross country on Saturday. Legs feel a bit better today dont want to risk injury so will have a run on Thursday.

• Options

club session

1 mile warm up - 4 x 1 mile efforts (with 2 min recovery) - 1 mile warm down

tough session - I struggled on the last mile effort and my legs felt heavy.

I'm going to try and work hard on my speed over the next few weeks. It's something that I need to improve.

(Luke Svarc - keep up the good work)

(YoungPup - running around Epsom downs sounds fantastic)

(swittle - are most of your runs 'solitary'?)

• Options
    I feel SO frustrated. My calf isn't 100% yet so I daren't run. image
  • Options

Paco - yes, I guess they are.  My club doesn't have local training events and I'm firmly in the habit of early morning runs on school days. image

No run today yet: had a 'medical procedure' at Aintree Hosp. y'day and I'm rather tender atm.  All went well.  May grind out a slooow mile this evening.  Off work 'til Friday image

• Options

Squark: you are doing the right thing not running if your calf does not feel100%. It is not worth the risk of making things even worse, just bide your time and you will soon be running again.

10 miles for me on treadmill in 1:40 earlier today.

• Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Six miles in the rain.

Was going to be mile repeats, but first time I've had it properly come down on me and just wanted to get the miles in and home.
  • Options
    Thanks, Silent Night Runner. I went out for a 3 mile walk this morning, and it was great to do some form of exercise. I daren't risk running though.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    5.10 miles today. Got wrapped up and managed to avoid the worst of the weather. Took it slow but enjoyed it. Foot felt fine. Got stopped by a car for directions which is a new one when running down the road. They were very polite though.