Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Q sometimes spontaneity brings very good - or pleasant - results!

Earlier today I run 5k (~3,2miles) in 19'39 at the track. 10k overall

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    Nice running all!

Me- 5 mile race XC with the club on Saturday at a slow pace but I enjoyed it. 7 mile easy on the Sunday and a track session yesterday. The others wanted an easy one as they're racing tonight so it was 100m fast, 100m jog, round the track 12 times. Felt pretty hard to me image

Open water swim coaching tonight
  • Options

Sounds good for your half-marathon Q

BecksF: yes I've been flying for the last 15 years almost - longer than I have been running (around 9 now..).  Deviating from your plan occasionally won't hurt I think.  You don't say what sort of runs those are (speed work etc.). I would avoid always replacing a certain type of run. 

10,4 km in 00:59 yesterday evening on a hilly course with my regular Tuesday group.  Enjoyed a good chat as always and the cooler weather..

3 hour long jog planned for tomorrow, 120km cycle on Friday and racing on Sunday (hill race 14km, 800m elevation gain) - that should tire me out a bit..

• Options

Hazelnut - that is a pretty cool hobby!

At the moment I only have 1 speed so all the runs tend to be similar, I am going to try and push myself faster on the 3M though even if I have to walk as a kind of interval run!

I have deviated this week - 3m, swim, 6m, swim, 3m, 8m, rest! About 8 weeks away from the half, am I on track? The runs are very steady and a mix of run/walk, running slowly then walking when I have to for about a min (or up hills). I can do the 3mile on a slight hill without walking however?

• Options

Some very solid training from everyone here.

Hazelnut - that does sound cool. My non-running hobby (well, apart from computer gaming) is riding rollercoasters. I just hit my 800th on holiday a couple of weeks ago. image

4 miles easy today. Probably won't run again before Saturday. My right knee has been grumpy so I'm keeping an eye on it.

• Options

Allow that knee the time to recover Cal! 

Nessie, sounds like good times! image

As for me, I visited the track again earlier today. 12,7k (a few meters short of 8 miles) in about 1 hour. I "incorporated" 4 faster strides of two laps each (3'20 == 3'10) in my session.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

'Soft, refreshing rain' just about covers conditions early on for a four-mile off roader in Crosby Coastal Park.  Fine battalion of Canada Geese by the 2nd lake breakfasting herbivorously.  Unseasonably breezy.

• Options

Swittle - after the recent heatwave I have come to appreciate both the rain and a breeze!

Cal - I'm guessing you travel for that hobby? I love rollercoasters, one day want to go to six flags.

5.6miles for me yesterday on my looping run. Nearly caved after 3.5 but pushed on, couldn't muster the 7 miles though.

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭

Last night was my most successful open water swim to date. As well as the drills, I did a full lap of the lake without stopping, which is about 800m. Loved it and felt I could do a lot more if needed, got into a good rhythm, got into the zone. Then I was quite tired this morning and time poor, but managed a 4 mile progression run

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭

Hill reps this morning- 8 reps. Off to Malta tonight so see you in a week or so MLRers image

• Options

Becks - yes. I've been to the US several times and have visited at least 10 different Six Flags parks (I say at least, because a couple of the parks I went to were bought by Six Flags and then sold again or closed, so it's as high as 13 if you count those). The furthest I've travelled thus far is Korea and Japan, and I'm going to Dubai and hopefully China next year.

Good job on the swim and hills, Nessie. Have fun in Malta.

No running since Wednesday for me - I'm racing tomorrow. image

• Options

Hello everybody, 15,7k (~9,75miles) in 1:18' roadrun for me today.

Road with inclines and declivities, did like it! Also, it was pleasantly cool for a change today, at long last. Puffy white clouds and a cool breeze! Everytime I took a look towards the local mountain, it seemed to me that the clouds did mean serious business up there, for their colour was grayish and their formations thicker, and thin low dark coloured clouds were running hastily towards the south

• Options

Good job, Hermes!

And today I was running in the Hermes Thames Meander half marathon (Hermes is the company that organises it.)

I'd done two Thames Meanders thus far - Autumn (November) which was muddy and slippery with driving rain, and Spring (March) which had blue skies but still a lot of mud. The Summer race promised to be easier underfoot, but with with the added challenge of heat, especially as it doesn't start until 10:30am which means finishing as the sun reaches its zenith. Consequently, I wasn't expecting a PB, but I was actually on target for one until half way when the heat started to sap my strength. I finished in 2:04:17, and I can't be disappointed with that as it's my third fastest half to date, plus a course PB. Absolutely exhausted now!

• Options

Hey Cal, I am the organisor of this race but I try to keep it low, so please do not let your friends know image

You did well, also, from what I am reading! Rest now for a week and then you can go ahead!

• Options

Hello everybody!

I did a road run today. About 14k (~9miles). I have spoted a suburban road relatively free of traffic. It has an incline, mild to begin with, and getting steeper. Overall about half a mile of incline. Did 5 reps. 

• Options
    Dank-artDank-art ✭✭✭

my third time doing the Salisbury 54321, 50km ultra trail marathon, 28 degree heat for the whole run! it was tough, i was slow...6hrs 25mins...pretty slow time, but i took it nice and easy and really enjoyed it, superb 50km! my 5th marathon or above distance this year! 

• Options

Dan, that sounds a lot tougher than the warm half marathon I did on Saturday. Kudos to you.

Easy 4 today. I went out at dawn and just enjoyed the peace and quiet.

• Options

Another early start for me yesterday to beat the heat for my LSR so I was out at 5.30am! It was a little strange as through miles 5-10 when I would normally expect to be feeling great I actually thought things were a bit hard going and figured that I'd probably finish 10-15 minutes slower than I would have ideally wanted. But things picked up and I finished 20 miles in 3.38 which is a minute quicker than last weeks so at least its an improvement!

One more long run in a couple of weeks than I can taper for my marathon!

• Options

7 miles last night - 5 with the running club then 2 back home. Not too shabby a run. 7 weeks to go and I'm nowhere near distance....

• Options

Goodmorning all!

Quite impressive what you accomplished, Dank...

As for meself, i run 11k (~6,8miles) in the track yesterday evening, and included 6 strides towards the end of the session

• Options

6.1 miles (10K) easy pace today. Still recovering from my half but enjoyed the sunshine.

• Options
    Q W233Q W233 ✭✭✭

Nice new PB for 10k/6 miles for me yesterday - 54:42 total time, 5:28min/km. I actually ran around 700-800 metres extra on a nice downhill bit but runkeeper decided to randomly pause itself. Somewhat interesting that lately whenever I beat my pbs for distances I never set out plannig on it. My half marathon is just this Sunday so that was the last 'serious' run I did this week.

• Options

wWell done on your races Cal and Dank, good runs everyone else.  Keep up the good work BecksF - 7 weeks is quite some time yet.

Good luck for your half on Sunday Q W233.

I was pretty busy the last few days - running and otherwise. Recent activities:

Raced for the first time in a few weeks on Sunday - 13,9 km with around 800 metres altitude gain in 1:34:51.  Had a nice sprint finish over the last 100 metres or so against someone half my age which I won.  Was 17 seconds off my time from last year but I got stuck in a queue of about 30 people on one of the single track stretches and couldn't overtake.  It was also pretty warm and humid.  Was in the middle of the results list both in my age group and for women overall which is ok for me for a hill race.

1 hour cycling on Monday

Out with my group yesterday evening for our standad 10,5 km in 1:05 and had a nice chat as usual.

And out again midday for a flat 10 miler in 1:30 enjoyed watching the buzzards and the dragonflies but not the heat and humidity.  Should have picked a stretch with more shade but I have a couple of races with a late morning start coming up and need to get used to it.    

Won't do much the next 2 days as I'm racing again on Saturday - hilly half marathon in Emmental (where that Swiss cheese with the holes in it comes from..).  Its a small well-organized event without too much travelling and with good views of the mountains (when its not raining).

• Options

A good morning to you all!

Yesterday afternoon it was road run for me: 11,5k (~7miles) in 54' under the blazing sun of late August. I had planned a tempo run for early morning, but, unfortunately, the stadium was closed, rather unexpectedly at that, and I got pissed off a bit and I left. Never occured to me that I had other activities arranged for the evening, so the only time left was 1600 image (umpf!)

• Options

Haven't been enjoying the heat much either the during my last runs.  Some of my next races start only at 11am so I have been practicing coping with it.  Forgot to put on any sun protection on Wednesday though and got burned as a result. 

Should be nice and cool (and wet) tomorrow for my half. 

Gentle jog today over midday - 5km in 29:48.

• Options
    I'm up in the Alps st the moment and went for a test run today on the flattest route I could find - 2.5mkles and that was tough! Not sure how I'm going to do any long runs here...!
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Despite a rather achy knee, I should make my target of 30 miles this week.  Recent mornings have been glorious: still, quite cool and ideal for trail, XC and beach running. 

Push on towards your goals, MLRers! image

• Options

Hello everybody,

Run 14k (~8,7miles) on the road today!

• Options

Altitude is tough, Becks! But you'll be faster when you get home.

Easy 4 miles very early this morning. Warm, breezy, blue skies. Nice. Marshalled parkrun later - pissed with rain right at the end so I got soaked coming home. Glad I did my run early!

• Options

11 miles logged today, starting slow, ending at HM pace. Muscles are still tight from last week's HM but I seem to have recovered well enough.