Saturday 14th July

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
The right time is here to stay

Many nights bopping slowly to this one....

Tonight's run felt ridiculously hard, I could not breathe and felt so out of condition!
What: 2 easy miles and lots of studying, oh and measuring of men's field events
why: because my club needs me too
last hard: tonight running with hubby
last easy: thurs

Happy saturday and goodnight
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I just sat for a full minute waiting to submit that, how long is a minute?????
    Felt like eternity
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ooh, flip wabo
    my club needs me to!!!

100 lines!
  • Ah, the eary birds!
    What;nothing.
    Why; may race a Sunday 10 miler.
    Enjoy whatever you chose to do...
  • morning :)

i'm very happy indeed today. weight this morning 62.6kgs - under my 63kg target for august :) and then i went a did a 5k time trial....

what: 5k time trial - 23.58 :) yes thats a whole 26 seconds faster than my pb. and i'm still sure i could have gone faster in a race. still - only just over 3 weeks to go till my 5k target race!

splits:
    km1 - 4.50
    km2 - 4.49
    km3 - 4.50
    km4 - 4.42
    km5 - 4.47

• M. - great stuff - well done.

Night Nurse - congrats on the medal!

Happy Beltated birthday to Holly & Poppy.

Good luck Nrg-b!!

AF - another good outing.

MoL - great report - huge achievement.

Clink - your running sounds like it is coming along nicely.

Flyaway - good luck with your 2nd tri.

What: I've had a pretty miserable week this week - trying to get rid of a cold. Ran 4 miles yesterday and spent quite some time in the garden, then this morning ran with my usual Saturday morning group - 12 miles.
    It was very early, very cold, but the french toast and large flat white in a mug made up for it.

Good racing or training everyone.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning from the night shift.
    Well run M.

Lyrics: nope
    What : 5k/3ksc and 4 x 400 + Pole Vault
    Why: Club racing
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Sunday

Spent most of yesterday parked on the M6 having done a crazy dash to Wigan to collect some wheels.

I feel very rested but my legs are not happy having been sat in the car all day. I am now on nights and I am not sure thats good news for the day ahead either.
  • interesting to hear what makes people take up ultra running. after my dabble with IM i've been very happy indeed just sticking to the shorter stuff. the urge to "go long" is still there but these days i'm even managing to suppress the urge to train for a half marathon!

flyaway - lambing does not sound like fun. still the results in the medium term are very tasty indeed so i'm glad someone is prepared to do it!

nrg-b - lots and lots of luck for your ultra
  • Morning All

What: maybe 5 miles later
    Why: Work Issues
    LAst hard: Monday
    Last Rest: 17 days

Pammie: Ultra's were the next challenge after a marathon. I have a feeling that a ironman is going to become the challenge beyond the ultra.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    be quite funny if you go the other way DD considering I came back from the triathlon side.
  • Morning,

M, that's a big big chunk of your 5K time. Congratulations on the PB.

What: LSR
    Why: everlasting endurance

Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: 29 days

With a bit of luck when I put my foot out the door it will be onto dry land :o/

Race / run well.
  • Morning all

grey old day here in Wales again.

What: 9 miles
    Why: felt like a longer one
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Monday

DD - glad to see you are back so soon.

Happy Birthday Holly - hope it was a good one.

Good runnings all
  • Morning all,

sunny and cloudy and ferociously windy in Lincolnshire this morning.

Well done M. on everything! That's a great chunk off your PB.

Good to hear from Melli - will look forward to your report.

No sign of the kestrels yet this morning - they don't usually show til about 9 though. Lazy lie-a-beds!

What: 60 mins elliptical/60 mins run brick
    Why: no bike and squeezing training to spend time with my family before I leave the country
    Last hard: ages
    Last rest: Wed

Good runnings all.
  • mornin all

NR - what part of Wales are you from? it was grey and a little damp down here (Ammanford) at half six, but picking up now

What: 8 miles
    Why: habit
    Last hard: felt like today - too little sleep, too much beer
    Last rest: week last sunday

Good luck to all running this weekend!
  • Morning all,
    anyone been looking at Facebook.com? I recently stumbled across it and find it really good, basically its the usual social thing, where you can search for your friends etc, loads of runner peeps I know on there!

anyways back to thread subject....

What:
    am: 3-miles recovery pace, already done no problems today a little windy though.

pm: Southern Mens League Div4 Horsham
    1500m
    400m
    4x100m relay
    4x400m relay
    and god only knows what else!!! lol

Why:
    I do it for my club, why? because im IEK through and through! :)

• Micksta, regretably I have (too much time on my hands!) found myself spending hours on there trying to find old mates from uni, work and school, very easy to become addictive
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thank you Ultra runners for letting me into your mind lol.

M - well done
    Gobi - Busy day for you.
    Micksta - Not the Javelin then, Did you see what happened in Rome
    A busy day for you too.

What: easy run 4-5 miles
    Why: endurance
    Last Hard: Was it Wednesday, seems ages ago

Lyrics - sorry
  • Morning all,

soda: It's all relative.

M. Well done on the weight loss and the time trial PB - more to come in a race.

Pammie: Good job I'm not an ultra runner -you don't want to go into my mind :-)

NZC: Was wondering where you'd got to. Enjoy the flat white.

What: 8m recovery
    Why: recovery
    Last Hard: Wenesday
    Last Rest 17 days

Have a good one.
  • Happy birthday to holly

I dont know whether i am coming or going at the moment, what with all this travelling to and from wales

not great race prep, but there you go

now, whats been happening
  • ooooh, i loved that report form MOL
    WWell done on the medal NN
    Af-well done to you too

BR-grrrrrrr-and who is the troll
    M-its all coming together for you isnt it

Nice to see you Sporta

waves to stickless-I need a virtual kick up the whatsit too
  • nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Good Morning,

PH: Good luck!

Pammie: Here's an insight into the mind of a Ultra-Wannabe: I went shopping to buy some last minute items for tomorrow's race. Instead, I came back with Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo DS Lite.

What: Organised chaos trying to get my stuff packed, kids sorted and collect wife from station.
    Why: Preparation for tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good-lucks. I'll next post maybe Sunday evening or Monday.

Good luck to anyone racing and best wishes to everyone coming back to running.

Happy running, all.
  • Morning all,

Well, I don't know what it is about today, but running isn't easy. I'm just back from a real struggle round 5.5 miles. I didn't walk at all, but it was close a couple of times.

Hopefully, things will liven up a bit tomorrow, but as we are out for a friend's birthday bash this evening, I may need to wait until the afternoon before attempting the 7.5 miles planned.

Also, it is youngest son's 18th today. Maybe that's what wrong with me - I'm just old! We're not ignoring him by going out with friends - it was his choice to celebrate with his friends and not his family tonight!

Have a good weekend.
  • Good luck for the race, nrg-b, if you get bored on the run, you can always play the Mario game to pass some time!

Feeling shattered today, it's the end of term looming and although it's not as hot as it was last year (the heat always saps my strength), I still feel like I've been through a mangle! Last night's pilates session was hard as it was slow and, due to a teacher change, not invigorating enough for me. The 12k in 18mins on the gymbike before was OK though.

Went out around town with work for an end of term outing and it was marvellous to come home (1:15am) not smelling of smoke!!! I just wish I'd not eaten onions and a greasy burger ;-(

What: pilates with a bit of a trot on the treadie and maybe a gymbike session
    Why: hangover blasting
    Last hard: a burger at midnight
    Last total rest: 10 days ago

Lyrics: no idea, but sound familiar
  • Afternon!

What: 7 miles easy
    Why: wanted to do something but not too much....felt lovely the best run for a while.

Will check out my bike in a minute to make sure it is all good for tomorrow.....last time I did this I broke it so I will try not to todaY!

Well done M, thats a really good result.

Good luck for tomorrow NRG.

Good luck to you too Flyaway...what time do you start? Mine is 7.10...great!

I discovered facebook recently.....is a great place to put race photos, and of course, waste lots of time! If you know my name I am dead easy to find because I quite unique :-)

Also NRG I recently invested in the DS Lite, not because I am a gadget freak....oh no, of course I am not.
  • I have started a runners world UK group on facebook
  • Ooooh I will go and have a look!
  • Afternoon..last night shift out of the way...

Got up aboyt 20 mins ago and opened the post..I tore open one as I could tell it was a premium bond cheque !!!! ran upstairs to get my glasses as I couldnt make the sum out...although I could see there werent many 000s....£50 !!! oh well better than a kick up the bum I suppose !! and I did only buy them 2 months ago..

M well done on the 5k pb..and weight loss !
    DD so pleased you have made a good recovery from your cellulitis...take care !

What : just a couple of easy miles

Why: will race 10 miler tomorrow ...as long as the forecast torrential rain ...isnt too torrential !!

Last hard: wed

Last rest : 10 days

off to have a look at face book !! great stuff hipps
  • Hello!

Race report time....

21:30ish this morning at BPTT :-) Could have gone faster - was chatting away most of the first mile and also for the last stretch too. I think my recovery week is almost over....

M - superb. From post-25 to sub-24. Congrats. Now make sure you bury a few more sub-24 and then make a strike for 23...

What: BPTT d&d plus some jogging there and back.
    Why: It's what Saturday used to be like.
    Lyrics: Kind of...

Mel - Lincolnshire? I thought you were in Scoobyland (talking of which, where is Scooby?)

Good luck to all those racing tomorrow - including the triers and nrg with his ++ run.

(Note to Sportaloo and Trinni - Balham Bouncer tried the Comrades hard sell on me this morning - ha ha ha ha ha ha no)
  • Morning all,

Holly - that was only a small 'no' not a big 'NO'. We'll take that as a maybe for now!

nrg-b - Have a great race

What: 6.5 miles in 53 minutes at 6am then quick change and 6 miles paddle on the surfski round Carerra and 5 Islands in 1:13...D&D. Might do some hill reps on the bike later and make it a treble day!
    Why: I like to mix and match on Saturdays
    Last Hard: Paddling is a bit rusty, need more time at sea.

Have a great day
  • Afternoon All.

Ran my local Barlow 10k last night. Start was only 2 miles from where I lived so i was able to take an easy run to the start. Only just made it though and I was given the last number; 138.
    The course had to be altered as the track the race normally takes had dissapeared under all the mud and rain we have had recently and last nights race was run in contant fairly heavy rain.

43.47 doesnt sound too good, but the course is tough and parts of the course took in trails which were ankle deep in mud and puddles and needed care to negotiate in places.

If all this makes it sound like an unpleasant experience it couldnt be further from the truth; I loved every minute of it.

7 miles recovery run today.

Good Runnings everbody.