URWFRC survey

How much are you raising in sponsorship?

I want to put up a total raised by URWFRC at the supporters stand.

post here or email me in confidence at
ashley@smithfamily.me.uk

No names will be used.

Comments

• will be at least 1200 quid for CARE International and AMREF when I'm done
  • I need to raise £2000 for Tommys, the baby charity. I've got about £1200 so far - more worried about raising the cash than doing the training!

Rach
  • Need to raise £800 for MACS, have reached that, and hoping to get to £1000
  • Well I'm heading towards a whopping £4,000 at the moment for GOSH chilrens charity.

I've been truly lucky and very very supported with my sponsorship - so I'm pretty proud I must say.
  • Got to raise £2000 for Cancer Research UK. Up to £1750 so far, and know where a bit more is coming from. Should make it, I think. www.justgiving.com/neilsmarathon, if anyone is interested!
  • I'm on about £900 at the moment for Macmillan - I'm supposed to raise £1700 so I'm well short but I know I'll get at least another £200 more.
  • About £1300 for Sargents Cancer Care for Children I think.
  • Well done to you all.

I spoke with someone last night about this and we concluded that the charities should be grateful for every penny you raise, regardless of whether you manage their target or not. With four weeks to go concentrate on the race and enjoying the day. As the Penguin says the race is a thank you to you for all your hard work in raising money and putting in the training.
  • All being well I'll have raised £200 without even having to race! booo
  • Nearly £3000 so far - For the Blue Cross :-)
  • A "paltry" (compared to some of the numbers above!) £650 for a Local MS Charity.... That said, my employers have a charity matching scheme for the first £500 raised, so that puts me up to £1150!
  • Rocks, a £1,000 of mine came from employer 'matching' scheme.

NO amount raised is ever paltry - some people simply just get luckier than others with sponsorship. I'm sure your local MS charity think your fab!
  • Hi i have raised about £2000 so far for the British Heart Foundation.Good luck everyone.
  • probably about £500 for PDSA.
  • rocks, yeah well my 1200 quid is cos of matching! I've had over 600 pledged to me, so the company matching takes it to over 1200.

Ashely - yeah there was a big discussion on the forum somewhere about the amount that some people have to raise to get their places. I think the feeling was that people will always want/need to run the big races, so teh charities will push their targets as high as they can get away with. I feel lucky to have been able to get away with a tiny sum. All the extra effort that some people have put in, coffe mornings, raffles n stuff, on top of training must make it one hell of a job.

Good luck to all those still with targets to reach.
  • About £1,300 for Leukaemia Care.
  • About £1200 for WPF Psychotherapy and Counselling. Well chuffed!
  • Around £1900 for the MS Society. May get a tad more but that's all my biggies in, thankfully.
  • I've got to raise £1500 for the National Asthma Campaign. So far I've got £1200 but my work also does the matching scheme up to the value of £1000, so I've got £2200.
  • Getting there! I have to raise £1000 for BackCare and I think I will have it all soon thank goodness.

So much easier if your company will match you! Being a poor student it's a bit tougher but I'm pleased that I'm nearly there!

www.justgiving.com/meggles
    (just in case there are any generous company directors out there!)
  • my target for Little Haven is £800
    So far I am just over £1100 so happy with that........all raised by my good self without any company help
  • I have to raise £1500 for arithritis reseach campaign. Think I've got £1600 so far, but hope the company may donate another £500.
  • I'm running for the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre and have to raise £1500. I have reached just over £1000 but because I work in a small company and live in a very small village I'm having a lot of trouble raising the last £500. Does anyone have any great ideas? I can't keep asking the same people for money over and over again.

Raising the money is harder than training for the marathon itself!

If anyone is feeling generous I have set up a page on just giving:

www.justgiving.com/emmas26

Thank you!
  • I've made a "chocolate quiz" ~ all the questions have a chocolate bar as the answer and the winner wins all the chocolate. Selling the quiz sheets at £1 per go.
    Done a few car boot sales too but they're hard work.

all the best,

Think I've got £750 for children with leukaemia ~ still a long long way to go.
  • I'm very impressed with everyone. I've raised over £300 and looking to reach £650 in aid of Afghan aid. My link if anyone is interested:
    www.justgiving.com/mad4it

But as I'm a poor student (and so are most of my friends) it's a wee bit harder. Still I'll plod along.

Good going everyone.
  • I have raised £900.00 so far for Cancer Research UK - this does not include the 28% gift aid tax. Hoping to get a bit more. What a great amount everyone is collecting.
    Must fly - it's going home time.
  • That link didn't work, lets try it again www.justgiving.com/mad4it
  • Nope that didn't work either, and I've given up on shamelessly plugging my site.
  • On a club place now but managed to raise 800 for the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
  • I have raised £1500 for the NSPCC