Who's up for this then?

Comments

• Peep - good luck for today - Re: times - whichever is most favorable to the runner! We'll probably put both if there's a big difference between what's recorded and what we find on our watches/garmins etc.

• good luck peep with your op today... hope you are in top form for the race on Sunday...

I'm having hip problems today. I did 30 mins on the bike last night and i felt really good, but then this morning I'm in pain! this is bad...

Going to take it easy now until Sunday, possibly a 2 miler on Friday, but might not bother, depending on how the hip is feeling..

What's everyone else doing up to the race?

• Hi Vicki - maybe one more shortish, slowish run tomorrow evening and that's it (apart from usual Saturday mania with small person).  Did my just under 5 mile route yesterday and that's all since Sunday (long run), and will probably take the small fry swimming later but that doesn't count). Time drags by.....
  • Peep - Good luck with the op.   Stop-watch time for me,  as it's 100% accurate.

Vicki - I plan to run tonight and Friday night.  I'd like to think that I'd be sensible and take it easy.  But I probably won't.

Toby -  Stylish dri fit black running top with legend on the front which reads  "You see impossible.  I saw the finish line.  Nothing is impossible".    Alternatively,  a cheap cotton t-shirt in garish yellow,  daubed with adverts for the likes of Argos.   Tough choice.

• Just got back and feeling dopey. OP did not go well unfortunatly so i'm being re admitted to a different hospital tomorrow morning for another go. This race is starting to look more of a walk then anything else image

I think the garish t-shirt.... 

• I managed 24.36 for 5kms on the treadie today  (1st km - 12.0kph, 2nd km - 12.1kph, 3rd km - 12.2kph,  4th km - 12.3kph,  5th km - 13.0kph).

Unless conditions are lousy,  I'm fairly confident that I can go through the half-way point on Sunday in sub-25 minutes  (after all,  I've done it on my last 9 x 5kms training runs).  What I do after half distance is anyone's guess. 

Peep  -  Good luck second time around.

• All alone on this thread.   But never mind.

On orders from the wife,  I took it easy at the gym today.   A 4 mile run in 34.47 (8.42 per mile pace),   followed by the normal 20 minutes of incline walking on the treadie.

I'm fair knackered.   I've been trying to get fit in double quick time,  through doing lots of 'fast' 5kms and 10kms.   I've not so much been training as 'racing'.   It's taken its toll a bit.    Rest tomorrow.  

• g'night Tim - I couldn't face going out today so I've done only 1 run since Sunday and feel like a total pud and totally whacked, but hoping to feel better by Sunday. May take a jog tomorrow to remind legs what they're for.
  • Tim - your training regime is truly shaming me. Did a race paced 5k on treadie today and went to the pub. That's it for me. Off to see the MK Dons tomoz so a sporting weekend coming up.

Peep - 47 (66 mins)
    Mr Peep - 48 (66 mins)
    Jenni W - 17  (56 mins)
    Bernie W - 414 (56 mins)
    Icemaiden - 390 (65 mins)
    Tim of MK - 440  (est. 50 mins)
    Vicki - 481 (66 mins)
    Toby -  B3 (50 mins)

G'nite all. 

• Bernie

I'll be at MK Dons tomorrow as well  -  East Wing  Aisle 5,  Row V,  Seat 141.   For my sins,  I've a season ticket!

• My son Andrew is ballboy at the Dons Stadium on Tuesday 9th and Sunday 14th
  • South Stand for me - daughter never got over moving from the old cow shed. Will give you a wave. I'll be the one not wearing a game shirt. Seriously reckon they will walk the league this season. Quote me come May.

Just out of interest are the Dons your first team. I started going because I wanted to see some live football and it has become a habit over the last 2 years. First love are the wonderful Spurs - never a dull moment.

• Good luck to all tomorrow !!!!!!!!

Jenni -  Looks like no book again.  Sorry.  But I've no idea how I'd find you. 

• Tim..

I can always meet you on the steps of Dragons (LA Fitness) at a particular time...

• Say 10.15am.   I'll check for your answer tomorrow.

• Tim

Yep, that's fine... see you in the morning

• Good luck everyone!! Have a great day

Peepxx 

• Leaving in about an hour. Feel nervous, which is a bit silly as only intend getting round in 1 piece.

Good luck all.

• See you down there I'll be parking my bike at LA fitness. Gah! feel rather carpy so not great - wish it was last Sunday.

• I've been awake half the night debating whether or not I should be doing this....   decided to give it a go.

see you there 

• 57:04 official time..  I had picked up my medal and goodie bag before I remembered to switch off my watch, which reads 57:17 so my target time wasn't too far off the mark.. 

Nice to meet you all...AND I finally have my book...thanks Tim image 

• Watch time was 1 hr 1min 25 secs! Rah!!
  • My stop-watch time (which is the only one I car about) was 48:08.  

I went off a wee bit too fast.  I also suffered in the latter stages from lack of training runs above 5kms.

Nevertheless,  this was still my third fastest 10kms ever,  so dead chuffed.

Km splits:-

1st - 4.30,   2nd  -  4.36,   3rd -  4.40,  4th - 4.49,  5th - 4.50  (First 5kms - 23.25)  6th - 4.54,  7th  -  5.02,   8th - 4.47,   9th  -   4.54,  10th -  5.06  (second 5kms - 24.43.

The last km was bemusing, as I thought that I was really 'motoring'.   But perhaps the tiredness was befuddling my brain.

Overtook Toby with about 300 metres to go.

• Hi all,

Nice to meet you Jenny and Icemaiden xxx

Well I got round in 1hr 7mins i think and the hill was'nt too bad. Went off too quick and endedup with a killer stitch until the 6k mark. My two goals were not to walk at all - done and to come home in 1hr 6 mins - failed. But i was very close so never mind.

My OH and son James (4years) did the race together and also got round. I think their time was about 1hr 30mins. I cant believe they did it all but they did and finished strong.

OH carried James on his shoulders whenhe got tired so he will be very sore tomorrow. lol

James is so proud of his medal and is probably the only 4 year old with two medals as he got one for finishing the FRL in June.

Cant wait to see the pics on the site and get the times from there.

Whata great day!!! Well done to everyone for getting round and Tim thats a great time!!

Peep xxx 

• Does anyone know how long it takes for the times and photo's to be put on the website??

Peep xx 

• Peep

Well done.   You're a starlet.

I was pleased with my time, although my wife tells me that I didn't push myself had enough - probably true, but it is supposed to be fun. 

Tim   

• no watch but reckon @58 mins which was pretty horrible. Felt bad from the start, lack of training let me down so all my own fault. Also had to ditch shoes at 9.5k as feet were feeling shredded, never had that before. So, not a great day but enjoyed the atmos and saying hello to everyone before the start. Will definately do again.
  • Hi everyone! Congrats to you all.

Tim - nice saying hello to you briefly as you sped past!

I ate too much porridge before I set of so was trying to stop myself from throwing up for most of the run! Think I came in a couple of minutes slower than my 50 min target, but not too fussed.

Apart from that I thought it was a great event. Really really good fun. Spoke to lots of people on the way round and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.

I didn't realise there are so many dons fans on here - i've got my season ticket cowshed row z seat 362. We are top of the league, say we are top of the league!

Anyway, well done once again. Hope to meet some more of you at future events. Next up for me is the Kingston 16 miles next weekend followed by Hatfield 10k, GSR and then the NY marathon (scared now!)

• Morning all

Dreadful run for me, I had a stitch the whole way round. The hill was not too bad first time round, but a killer second time round. And i forgot to stop my watch over the finish line, but I think it was about 1:10 or so.

Trying to work out why it was so bad, and I'd had next to no sleep Saturday night, and was feeling mega stressed too, so I guess that might have something to do with it. Still, my loyal friend stayed with me and literally dragged me across the finish line!

Having said that, I thought the event itself was fantastic and the marshalls were brilliant!

• Toby  -  It was a good laugh.   I was going some when I passed you,  which is what makes my stop-watch time for the 10th km even more surprising.   I'm guessing that perhaps the penultimate distance marker was out of place.

Vicki  -   Bad luck.  We all have events like that.  But respect for you.  You carried on and finished.   Many others would have given up.