2008 Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Take care of your cough Soph. Crap that its gone into your chest. Hope it doesn't incapacitate you for Glasgow. Lots of rest and yeah, spread it about work a bit.  Share and share alike and all that image

How are the hangovers Smout and Amber. Aw Smout, wee soul falling asleep making up the bed. Bless. You getting excited about running again is great news tho!!!!

Well done Bungee & Karen for your soggy runs. Well done AWatson for your race - great time.

Hope your neck feels a bit better tomorrow Smiffie. Good you got  awee run tonight, you too DCB.

That's me, nowt much to say......image

• Whoooooooops think I hit a bit of a raw nerve when I mentioned swedish cars image

Just bailed out of mum and dads.  My big sis, hubby and small child are over from Oz.  There is a limit to how long you can talk about small children.  My back is also killing me.  Not one of the miserable gits gave me even a corner of sofa.  I'm just a skinny git I'd have fitted on somewhere.  I've spent the best part of 10 hours sitting on the floor with the kid.  At least she got the comfort of a cot from time to time.  On the upside I never managed to get stung for money by my big sis today which makes a very pleasent change.  Picking her up from the airport last sunday proved very expensive after I ended up having to buy them lunch.  She does have very deep pockets and very short arms!!!!!!

I await the impendinf chest infection.  There are all stuffed with the cold.  Illness tends to be the only thing my sis is good at sharing image

• Always great to catch up with the relatives Caniggia eh?? image
  • Somebody once commented that if my sister was chocolate she would eat herself.  I told them that if she was made of chocolate I'd have turned the heating up full blast years ago image
  • BTW what colour of number is everyone doing GSR next weekend? I'm yellow but think I'm gonna sneak into green! Oh, and I'm worth a bet too! I've come clean in Fetch about my disasterous half 8 years ago and barring anything major like losing a leg en-route, I should PB!! image

• I'll be a pealy wally white colour unless I get sunburnt on saturday image
  • A couple of folk seem to have had a flutter on me for next week already.  Think that could be a bit optomistic.  I'm not running very well.  At least they haven't been foolish enough to bet on the GNR which has a guaranteed 15 min 1st mile downhill and lots of hills thereafter.  PB highly unlikely!!!!!!

I've got a lovely white number for next week thanks to my 1.26:39 last year which is 2 mins faster than any other 1/2 I've ever run.  Hoping for a similar eureka moment in the west next week image

• Thats an optomistic prediction from past form bedshaped.  Are you Alan tweddle in disguise image

• Hey Folks!

Hangover starting to feel better. Ate chinese while watching the fireworks from my kitchen. Wont be able to see them next year as the flats will be in the way image

LOL at myself too. OH laughed.... they heard me banging about trying to sort stuff and not quite sure if I fell over or was already on the floor and thought it comfy enough to stay!

Go bedshaped - that's a hell of an improvement imageimage I'm hoping to get close to 2 hours as well. Not idea how it'll go but yesterdays 10 mile was about that pace and I'm sure I can do another 3 miles image Maybe image I think my number is blue image

Oh dear alchohol doesn't half eat up anything you eat ..... think I'm getting hungry again image
  • Caniggia PMSL @ your loving brotherly sister relationship. Get that back better soon x

RR yeh I agree Running Teacher doesn't quite cut it lol Great to hear you are loving the classroom image Good to have you back.

bedshaped I am green imageimage you fancy running together? I am after 1.58-1.59, will you have your mob on you? If not see if you can see me and bro outside the front of the Council building, think its City Chambers (about where no 8 is on the start map!)

Right need to go walk doggies, hi everyone else have a good Monday image 

• Woohoooo entered 2009 imageimage

They've got decent stuff aswell, treated myself with long sleeved top.......

Enjoy walk Bungee, was thinking a lot about my dog yesterday (from l-o-n-g time ago) miss walking miles wih him.....

Early night Smout image

Morning everyone, come on own up, who else is entered!

• ME image only seein' your doing it imageimage

Right off to work c u tonight

• I'm not image but also very happy for those who are image

Smiffie I didn't realise how much I'd missed having a dog until we got our pair, but its hard when you want one but can't have one for various reasons! image You'll get another one at some point I'm sure eh image

• Morning everyone

Yes I've entered as well!
  • im in too!image

hello running ranger !!where have you been hiding !!? hows the teaching going?..isnt it odd that we are all still here two years on!?image..lovely to see you

smiffie -i treated myself too ....the tops are really nice !

so do we all fancy moving house?..........those doing 2009 and our  much loved support team ?

EDINBURGH 2009 -NEW HOME?

• I'm up for moving, same mad talk, same mad people just a different mad hoose!!!
  • Talking of madness I'm also in and have treated myself to a new long sleeved top as well.  I felt like I needed and deserved a treat.  I definitely hope this time I can get  motivated as it’s not really happened for next weeks GSR or Loch Ness, all thoughts of PBs are out the window I’ll be pleased to just finish both.  I want to be able to race at Edinburgh next year though as I’ve got something to prove to myself.  2009 will be better than 2008  

Not sure about moving house though Amber, I like it here and you never know what the neighbours will be like in a new place?  On the other hand if you all move away I’ll be lonely.

• OMG it's afternoon already!!!!  Arghh.

Been into work this morning, picked up laptop and left.  Hacking cough, feeling like I'm breathing through a straw and how I appreciate folk coming into work sick and giving me chest nightmares.  Selfish!!  Cat doesn't know what to do with herself as someone is home and she is quite out of sorts.  Heh.

Spent half the morning trying to connect to work, only for virgin media to tell me (after a ten minute on-hold wait)that the modem was in standby.  That's because I've been turning it on and off all morning while your crappy network wasn't working trying to get connected....imageimage  It's a miracle that it worked when I rang up though huh....  That package with sky is seeming really good at the moment.

Right, best get on... Cough. Splutter, sniffle.

• I agree Dcb we would have to take all the neighbours with us !!!image

aww get well soon soph !!!! xx

• Im not really feeling confident about this 10k on sunday.......i went runing at lunchtime , i did  6 miles but  it felt like i was in slow motion .....so wierd and  legs were like lead and i was ready to quit after 5 mins  image...not a good sign!
  • Amber, Sunday could be a whole different experience though!! Rest up, carb up on Sat and you just never know!!!

Oh Soph get well soon x

• yeah true bungee...i thought this 5&10k malarkie would be more fun and easier but its hard  .....i hate it !........cant wait to get back to some distance ! image
  • ha ha i'm def not into 5K's anymore, 10K's are fine for either a good training run or a PB attempt depending on how you are feeling on the day. Half maras are much the same. But yeh I'm not a speed merchant so the small fast races are too much work lol 
  • Do you think me and smiffie might get elite numbers for being able to type quicker than we can run and being 2 of the earliest entries????

5ks and 10ks hurt.  My lack of pace always gets shown up the shorter the races get.  10 miles and halfs are a nice distance.  Good test but dont kill too much.  The only problem is that once you have run a marathon and put in training runs for weeks further than a half the challenge doesn't seem as big anymore.  marathons really really hurt and are miserable to run and recover from them but the 20ms feel good facotr at the finish makes all the pain and misery worthwhile (I think).  Think I need to have a crack at a couple of the funny foreign metric distances at some point.  25k sounds like almost the ideal distance pushing you close to but not beyond the wall.  There is one in Berlin which looks fabby doo with a finish in the olympic stadium.  Seems worth a weekend away some time in the future image

• Which one are you all on now, this one or the new oneimage? Soph get well soon. I've got tingly throat - cough cough. You think the sheep last week had mad sheep disease?