You know you're a runner when...

13»

Comments

• Kit drawer/cupboard and shelf.

....and when you look forward to being a bit older so you can race in the next vet catagory.

Mrs going for F40 before I get to M50

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

When the decimal point becomes important (I'm forever correcting people who say a marathon is 26 miles!).

When you have an abysmal run and feel like crap, but still can't wait to get out there again.

• I have to agree with the running in the rain comment...

My first marathon was in horrendous weather (pissing down raining, 4 degrees at the start, sleet at one point)...I'd previously avoided running in the rain so come the marathon day, I wasn't overly prepared for the conditions!

Three months later, come rain, hail, sleet (and inevitably heatwave and typhoon - Japan!), I go running as planned image

My friends think I'm crazy. 

Also....yes scheduling my social life around training, spending hours at a time researching running shoes, going out with friends and the conversation inevitably turning to running, having a friend request I not mention the "R" word for 24 hours (easily done - I substituted it for the "L" word - LEGS!), planning my holidays to co-incide with races (why just go to Malaysia when you can squeeze in a race too!).