Options

Friday 31st Aug 07, When I'm home

WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Easy lyrics I know but I have just finished my final TMA for this year and it sums it all up!!!

What: I really don't know, tempted to run in morning

why: cob flipping webs and I am off to Espana!!!!!!!

last hard: last 5 or so hours sat on my bum typing

last easy: what is easy??

Take care all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh I know its not quite right, but hey!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Hey I'm not sure what a TMA is but well done anyway.

What: Gym session

Why: ? Not sure but my training book says so

Last hard: over a week ago!

Had a very easy week and think by body has appreciated the rest though as it's been complaining a little! but now I am feeling ready for the next hard 3 weeks.

• Options

Morning peeps from a wet West of Scotland.

What:30mins easy.

Why: As my body is tired.

Yesterdays lyrics were 'Alison' by Bruce Springsteen and I just like the song/lyrics.

Scobos: Just got round to reading your Skye 10k report !

Lovely scenery up there, if/when you can see it. We holidayed there a couple of times in the mid 1990s and the place is as you say 'undulating'. Belated well done to you and Mrs S, sounds as if you two made up about 50% of the whole field !!

RobiGobi: All the best in the 100k.

Have a good one if you can peeps and hope those on bench or struggling, can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Options

morning

wabo - i can picture you jumping up and down in exuberance now it's finished and you're off on hols, have a great time!

welcome home 200 fresh from your break with recharged batteries

scoff - hope that september sees you back in full training and feeling grand

FIN - very encouraging tempo run. isn't it annoying when you have to stop for traffic? didn't dent your time or rhythm nuch though, very smooth

poppy - i do hope things improve for you, it hasn't been good for a while with one thing and another. people you can't trust you don't need, so stick with those you know you can. hope you have a better weekend

what -  5 miles steady + 8 X 100 m  fast
    why - leg speed
    last hard - 4 days
    last rest - 2 days
    lyrics - yes

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

Wabo - Well done on finishing your TMA, enjoy your holiday

Poppy - Hope things improve for you soon, clink is right
    Fin - Good run, theres one route i rarely take as it involves crossing a level crossing and sometimes mean stopping (unless you turn back to run a little loop before returning!!!!)

What: LFOTM 5km
    Why: To Paraphrase crackajack, Its last Friday, Its 12-30 ...
    Last Hard: Mondays race
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Very Apprioate.

• Options
    Still got an ECA to do for my BA Hons so well done you!
  • Options

Morning.

Poppy, take the break and get looked after.

wabo, well done! Have a great holiday.

Good luck Pammie, you are running well at the mo so hope for good things.

What: not sure yet, lots of work to do as off to Copenhagen for a conference on Monday and have a arranged a reunion with my old lab later. I am going to use vodka as a cure for insomnia as I am getting desperate image.

The lyrics were familiar to me yesterday, today not at all.

• Options
    Morning from a damp and dreek west of Wales

What:1hr easy.
    Why: body very tired and a bit hung over.

I didn't exactly drink a lot last night (glass or two of wine) but just bowled me over by about 8:30. Hit the sack at 9image0 and slept like a baby. Missed exciting cricket by sounds of things. Just my luck.

Must read back but have a good day everyone and for those on injury bench or struggling I hope things pick up soon.
  • Options
    eh. Where did that come from? I meant 9pm. No stupid smiles please.
  • Options
    Poppy, take a break if the running doing it for you at the moment as it will probably do you the world of good. Had a weekend away a few weeks back which refreshed and reinvigorated system.

Re. 400m debate I think its a very difficult one to call. True she missed three tests in 18 months and therefore should pay a price. However, to suggest she deliberately avoided them or that she is a cheat/has been found guilty of taking drugs is also not true. As discussed on BBC yesterday, in US if testers arrive and the athlete is not there, they call them. Not like in this country. Also should be borne in mind that she took other drugs tests during those 18 months in competition and during her year ban with no positive results. I can understand why there is some problem though. Just because its a British athlete winning does not mean we should necessarily dismiss her mistakes but at the end of the day it is not as though she has been found taking drugs. If she had and then won after I could see the grumbling (as with Sotherton) but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.
  • Options

Morning all.

Wabo - Congrats on getting  the last TMA out of the way.

pohutukawa - TMA = Tutor Marked Assessment (ie homework that matters!)

Interesting forum name - what does it mean?

No ill effects from my comeback run yesterday, so I'll try to fit in a few miles later.

• Options

Hiya,

SGQ: "Dune" is my husband's favorite film. I stick with the perfume. I like "clever" movies that make you think/ challenge your perceptions, but not those that manipulate you. V. brief story re: awful movies....when my Mum went into labor with me, she asked my Dad to take her to the hospital and he said could she wait until the end of the movie! The movie in question was "Westworld" !!!! Not even something semi-decent!!!!

I'm glad BrumLiz brought up Tim Don. I did think his ban was unnecessarily harsh. I dont know enough about the current situation really. But I do agree with the arguments that we all know the rules of our jobs. My husband could be drug tested at any time - he'd be in big trouble if he didnt show up too.

Well, I'm packed for The Little Woody. My aim is to get to the end. This is my 3rd triathlon, and I only started training for this distance 2.5 months ago, so I think thats a resonable aim!!!

Good luck everyone racing this weekend.

What: 4km easy

Why: shake legs awake for tomorrow (wibble!)

Lyrics: negative

• Options

Go Flyaway!!!!

Looking forwarrd to your report.

• Options
    Morning folks,

What: 3.1km speed set swim; spin set on the turbo
    Why: vit
    Last: hard: tuesday
    Last rest: 6th Aug
    Lyrics -yeah! AJH - you might have to work like a dog to get them.

Still plodding. Last night's 11miles were at 8:35mm pace. Not really expecting to get back to 8mm by the Vitruvian though I am tending to run faster for the HR after biking.

I totally agree that CO has broken the rules of her employment and that these rules are prefectly plain. I only think that she has been punished for that, so the slate is clean. I wouldn't be happy to hear her whinging that she had been treated unfairly either. I like discussing opinions and don't take it personally.

Anyone off to the World Beard & Moustache Championships in Brighton? Bet they're not PED tested image Just had a bit of a giggle at the categories

FL - I thought The Machinist very good too - quite unsettling.

Simon Pegg has a new film out: Run fat boy run. The part of me that enjoyed his previous two films is delighted; the runner in me knows I'm going to have this shouted at me from cars to the hilarity of the occupants.

SGQ - err, no they don't scrape the bottom image

((WP))

Wabo - well done on getting your work finished; have a great holiday.

200mins - glad you had a nice time in Crete.

flyaway - hope my tank brings you luck this weekend! Have a great day.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

well done wabo and enjoy the holiday.

Been a bit slack with training this week, not in actualy geting out, but not putting in as many miles as I'd hoped (yesterday did 5 instead of 8, day before 4 instead of 5). However had my own TMA to finish off at the start of the week and been busy at work (well more tied to the desk due to staff holibobs).

Should be a light weekend running wise: my little baby is 6 today, so Mrs D and the girls at the cinema today (work prevents me from seeing the Bratz movie - lucky me!) - legoland tomorrow and garden party with a load of 6 year olds on Sunday.....wish me luck! 

Hoping to squeeze in 3 or 4 miles later this afternoon.

Great weekends all.

• Options

Morning,

What: 2.75miles steady am

Why: Mrs MtB Bday weekend/feet still sore

Last Hard: 5 days

Last Rest: 3 days

Last day in the office for me today.  Back to school on Monday, bit nervous but looking forward to a new challenge.

Enjoy the weekend and race well everyone.

• Options

Morning everyone, healing vibes to especially WP, as you sound like you need that and a lot more.

flyaway - you're showing your age if you were born when 'Waterworld' was on! My parents would have ben watching something like 'The Sting' or 'Enter the Dragon'. I feel old as I remember going to watch 'Waterworld' quite clearly image

My legs are sore this morning from doing around 22M in three days, so plan to take it easy today, going to pilates later and maybe do 3M afterwards.

MtB - back to school? Didn't think you were that age........I'm back at school/work also from Monday; the planning is done but need to sort out stuff like timetabling, etc (yawwwwn)

• Options

Fell Liker: Not Waterworld - that would make me no older than 12!!!

Westworld is an awful 70s movie, directed by Michael Crichton and starring Yul Brymmer about a theme park "staffed" by robots who run amok and try to take over the park, killing everyone in the process. Its abysmal.

Mind you, Waterworld was pretty bad too.....

• Options

I didn't think Waterworld was right...... unless you're from a country that allows marriage at an early age! Westworld was a brilliant film!! It was supposed to have inspired some of the great psychotic robot films, including Terminator and possibly Blade Runner. I always found it hard to believe that one of the main characters gets killed early on in the film...

• Options

Morning all,

Track session last night was 5x600m off 3mins target pace 1500m race pace.

Session went very well, I was above my target pace and still felt controlled with a little left in the tank! times were consistent as well.

1) 1:51   2) 1:50  3) 1:49  4) 1:49  5) 1:48

Must admit im looking forward to watching the womens marathon in Osaka this saturday, should be intresting.

What:

am: 5.25miles steady already done (6:32mm) quiet a hilly route, I felt ok so pushed the pace nicely in parts, though legs were tired on the hills!

pm: 8-miles easy/steady pace, will need to control myself on this run me thinks!

Why:

Starting my winters endurance work.

• Options

Fell - It was Westworld (1973) not Waterworld (1995) that flyaway's dad was watching!

Gauss apparently said (I paraphrase) "tell her to wait until I'm through" when told his wife was dying when he was working on a problem.

• Options
    I can be a bit slow image
  • Options

Back from a few days in the sunny south.

Very well done MtB on your win.  Sounds like you have another gruelling endurance event starting Monday at 8.30am...

WP - sorry to hear life went wrong

Have read back and can't find AF's HM report - does anyone know where it was posted?

What: 3 miles easy / 7 miles steady

Why: general aerobic

Just found out I've been selected for the club's A-team for the 6 stage Yorkshire Relays at Don Valley on 15th Sept.  Must be a few on holiday then (smile).

• Options

flyaway - are we talking about the Dune film with Sting in and stuff - even David Lynch says he doesn't like it - and he made it!!!  Still, it would be a boring old world if we all liked the same stuff, wouldn't it?  Films, wine, books etc. - I like talking to people who like stuff that I hated and vice versa - the only people who wind me up are those who thing you are wrong for having different tastes to them.

What: rest
    Why: Friday
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Last rest: Tuesday

Last night's run was a very even paced 6M - unless my Garmin was playing up!  It settled down at 8:25/mile and didn't change at all until the big hill at 5M when I deliberately slowed down and it drifted out to about 8:30.  That's fine for a comfortable run which is what I wanted.

• Options

Morning folks.

Lots of excellent points made yesterday in the CO discussion.

Training for today?

What: nowt
    Why: off to my mates' wedding this afternoon, so no running planned for the rest of the day, probably just a load of drunken dancing into the wee sma' hours. Also, had a bit of a hangover this morning, so never managed to get out for a run...early yesterday evening the groom-to-be sent out a call to arms to a few folk to help him enjoy his last night as a free man...we were last out the pub.

Have a good day.

• Options

BR - 'A team'? Which one are you going as, BA Barracus, Faceman, Hannibal or the other one?!! I thought you were averse to fancy dress running....  image

• Options
    BR/hilly - I'll be in the gym later for a bit of pilates followed by a treadie run if you fancy a chat and drink afterwards?
  • Options

Friday again - hooray!!

Welsh Poppy - hope things look up for you soon.

Training tonight is likely to be 5*1000m at the track with 400m walk/jog/drill recoveries based around Verheul training principles.

Gary

• Options
    Just remind me what Verheul training principles are again??? 
  • Options
    Afternoon all.

Real quick flypast, but want to send best wishes to WP, and wish flyaway and Gobi? best of luck, if I am not too late. Hasty read through only, sorry.

What - 3 miles, relatively fast since time was relatively short, more of a declaration that life is going to include training and the rest of life can like it or lump it. Rather pleased, considering the lifestyle of the past fortnight to find that I still have legs and they still work.

Back late last night from China, two weeks of living on nerves and immodium, treated as minor royalty, have two of them as guests for the week, so that will curtail my style somewhat.

take care all