Nike +

Hey. I'm about to get Nike + to help measure my trainning etc.

If ure reading this I guess you probably have it. A couple of Questions...

1. Can I still listen to my music while the Nike + is doing its thing?

2. If I need to stop and top up water, can I pause the time?

3. How long does it last? I wouldn't want it to stop working during one of my runs.

and any pros and cons u no of?

Cheers

Comments

• Love mine, its got me out loads more than I would've done otherwise.  Depending on how experienced you are, you may want to check out our Nike + challenge on the beginners thread.

RE your questions:

1. yes you can listen to your music/podcasts/nike workout etc
    2. you can pause it at anytime and resume etc.
    3. it'll lasts as long as you want. as long as you have enough tunes or don't mind some repetition

Its not totally accurate, and its worth calibrating on a local track (not a treadmill)

Come and have a nosey on the other thread and ask everyone...

• Pretty much as above

Yes

Yes

The sensor for the shoe has a battery life of 1000 hours of use, not sure if it gives an indication that the battery is low.

If you have a nano anyway the £20 cost is an absolute bargain and you dont need the nike shoes for it to work well.  It does need calibrating to give the most accurate results (I think they claim 97%) but once thats done it is quite a useful training tool.

• cheers 4 that, helpful def.

when one sasy Calibrated, how do I go about doing this?

and the shoes, well it just makes life easier with the shoes that perfectly fit the sensor, I also want a new pair of trainers.....

cheers

• cheers 4 that, helpful def.

when one says 'Calibrated', how do I go about doing this? and does it take long?

and the shoes, well it just makes life easier with the shoes that perfectly fit the sensor, I also want a new pair of trainers.....

cheers

• You calibrate it by walking and running a set distance.  The default is 400m but it can be custom set.  If you have a running track near you that is ideal for calibrating as the distance is accurate, but I used my bike computer to measure the 400m.  I then run a longer distance which I measured again by my bike and by mapping sites and found the ipod it to be fairly accurate. 

I wouldnt worry about the nike+ shoes unless they are the most suited to your running style, the sensor can easily be made to fit between tongue and laces with about a £1 worth of velcro or you can buy ready made kits for £2 off ebay.